2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

An awkward conversation between Fletcher and Gaudreau when Fletch had to tell him he wasn't worth the 2023 first to jettison JVR's contract to make room to pay him.

“Sorry, Johnny. We can offer you 3 million for 7 years and this bag of Tootsie Pops”

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I had to post this because in the annals of Twitter trolls, this guy's got one of the best names ever and people are replying like its real. 

image.png.29c14fd61f10dc060aa4e3edaf4a70ba.png

Edit: Damn, I think I 'useless red circle'd this one, huh

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

“Sorry, Johnny. We can offer you 3 million for 7 years and this bag of Tootsie Pops”

It really REALLY pays to bide your time with UFAs. At least we have the space and don't have to make weird moves. 

I heavily prefer this conservative building style than always scrambling to salvage all the sh!tty contracts you signed ala Rags and Flyers. 

Edited by RizzMB30

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

Johnny's wife is-a preggo and is trying to stay near family, family in NJ and Philly. Main reason why Calgary is out. 

NJ or the Isles at this point. 

She's apparently a nurse in Philly.

Working on Long Island will NOT help that situation. 

3 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Johnny's wife is-a preggo and is trying to stay near family, family in NJ and Philly. Main reason why Calgary is out. 

NJ or the Isles at this point. 

And Long Island is like a MILLION miles away from South Jersey. Let’s just say that. Newark is WAY closer.

I’m in Staten Island and I dread having to go to Long Island. Emphasis on the “having to” because I don’t go there willingly. 

Edited by mfitz804

4 minutes ago, Crisis said:

She's apparently a nurse in Philly.

Working on Long Island will NOT help that situation. 

Ahhh, interesting. As the saying goes, happy wife. 

Brent Burns to Carolina. Great deal. SJ are retaining 33% of the contract. 

Edited by RizzMB30

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

And Long Island is like a MILLION miles away from South Jersey. Let’s just say that. Newark is WAY closer.

I’m in Staten Island and I dread having to go to Long Island. Emphasis on the “having to” because I don’t go there willingly. 

We're also a team on the way up and the islanders are on the way down. If he's looking into the long-term here, im biased but the best spot is NJ

• Like 2

Just now, SterioDesign said:

We're also a team on the way up and the islanders are on the way down. If he's looking into the long-term here, im biased but the best spot is NJ

This is accurate and legit.  Kinda feels like the Isles peaked during the Conference Finals appearances.