2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

It was well after 5. I was also in the car when I got the news, and I work til 6 every night. 

I just saw articles reporting it with a time stamp of 5:33 pm. They may have jumped the gun, but they were reporting it as a done deal. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

fans are wild lmao. On twitter islanders fans are unanimous in saying that the islanders are a significantly better team moving forward than the Devils. "set up for future success and several cups" lmao like, huh?

I don’t get it, truthfully. Sure they made back to back conference finals trips but I think they’re more last year than what they were then.

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

fans are wild lmao. On twitter islanders fans are unanimous in saying that the islanders are a significantly better team moving forward than the Devils. "set up for future success and several cups" lmao like, huh?

To be fair... I'm pretty sure you will find dev's fans saying the same thing with as much lack of wisdom... 

Who knows who is right there? 

(i like our chance better, yes) 

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

They were talking about NJ goaltenders on TSN and someone said Blackwood needs bounce back now after finally having the bunion taken off his foot LOL :rofl:

I saw that. Dude was also talking sh!t on the Devils and saying the Isles were a better landing spot. fvck that guy

Were moments (minutes, hours, days) from either loving JG more than our own kids, saying we have the best top line in the NHL, etc etc... or hate him and all agree that he's overrated and that its a good thing we didn't get him.

It's such a fine line. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

NHLN kind of said the same thing earlier.  I think it was EJ Hdrek (spelling?).  Said the Isles are way ahead of us and also didn't like adding a player of JG's size to our lineup.    

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Were moments (minutes, hours, days) from either loving JG more than our own kids, saying we have the best top line in the NHL, etc etc... or hate him and all agree that he's overrated and that its a good thing we didn't get him.

It's such a fine line. 

At least Kovy and Parise prepared us for these moments. Lol.

Young Flames fans....I weep for them if Tkachuk leaves after this. 

They still have Lindholm and Magiapanne, but what a shell if that happens. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

@SterioDesignhow the fvck do you survive watching TSN? It's legitimately outrageous lol. Every single Canadian team is

1. On the cusp of cup-contention
  2. Planning a cup parade
  3. Up and coming and electric

Like, they just showed the Jets best prospects (they're universally known as one of the weakest prospect pools in the sport) and they showed 5 guys that are "guaranteed top-line forwards / top line defenseman" lmao. Jesus christ, nobody fellates themselves quite like canadian media. 

Oh i know. But believe it or not. French media in Quebec are that... but x50 worst when it comes to MTL.

TSN clearly has a Canadian teams / player bias. Precisely why many many Canadian players who are indeed "good" are perceived are still overrated to most people. It's all coming from all the praise they get.