2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

That's not what I'm saying. If he is looking at CBJ when then his intent on being close to home doesn't seem as important as originally reported 

This is likely his agent doing his due diligence trying to drive the price up.

The representing the biggest FA in the last few years and he has 2 teams bidding? Not ideal

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean if I was his agent, I would be talking to as many teams as possible, if only to drive up the price. That's exactly how it's done. 

Problem is, we could be getting used for that purpore, or we could be the ones whose price is getting pushed up. But from the agent's perspective, that's business as usual. 

Yeah, it does sound like an agent move. You don't think the agent is saying to Lou, "Well, the Devils offered 10.5."

Agents just doing his job and looking for anything extra on his payday too. Even if agents get like 10%, 10 million isn't a bad deal to take ten percent on. 

Edited by RizzMB30

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

Yeah, it does sound like an agent move. You don't think the agent is saying to Lou, "Well, the Devils offered 10.5."

Agents just doing his job and looking for anything extra on his payday too. 

Of course. If he wasn't trying to max out his deal he wouldn't be doing his job. As much as we just want him to sign with us, that's not how it works. It is not, and was never, a one or two-horse race. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

you mean the press conference that the flames GM had where he literally said "it's about his family" last night didn't tip you off?!

if Lou - the family guy - will sign him, we will know about it in september.

• Haha 1

I hate being a fan cause I want instant gratification and answers.

granted the second the announcement comes and should it be us, I’ll lose my mind and breathe a huge sigh of relief 

If not, clearly he’s an overrated scrub that doesn’t understand the sport or how trash (fill in team) really is.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

This is likely his agent doing his due diligence trying to drive the price up.

The representing the biggest FA in the last few years and he has 2 teams bidding? Not ideal

He has 2 teams bidding because of the " I want to go home" narrative. Otherwise the whold league would be involved and he'd be in tampa or vegas

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Let's not turn on the guy yet, might just be his agent doing agent things.

This is his last chance at a fat contract.

He got offered a big fat contract in Calgary which he turned down for what he said was family reasons.  Three teams are wanting Gaudreau that are close to where he lives with 1 being out due to being up against the cap.  So he is down to 2 teams that can offer salary and being close to home so he........ reaches out to Columbus?

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

He got offered a big fat contract in Calgary which he turned down for what he said was family reasons.  Three teams are wanting Gaudreau that are close to where he lives with 1 being out due to being up against the cap.  So he is down to 2 teams that can offer salary and being close to home so he........ reaches out to Columbus?

his agent reached out to Colombus. That's very very different and literally what agents do