2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, '7' said:

Would he really be so immature and irrationalm The fact we are a rival of the team he grew up rooting for made this a non starter for him. I mean maybe it is...I have no idea. But to be spurned for Columbus....I want him to be asked, it was your home state, the young talent is there (some of it elite, Hughes) it was more money. What is it about Ohio and the Blue Jackets that won you over?

He'll for sure address why he picked Colombus. 200% so we'll have our answers sooner than later im sure

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I would be genuinely shocked if the Devils go into the season with this roster and nothing else major. 

If they do, I'll call for Fitz' head. Your major offseason additions cannot be Vanecek and a 7th defenseman. 

And don't forget we got Geertsen coming back

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

He'll for sure address why he picked Colombus. 200% so we'll have our answers sooner than later im sure

Probably going to be usual hockey speak of “this is where I wanted to be” “good young team” “bright future” blah blah blah 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Unfortunately, Gaudreau doesn’t owe anyone an explanation. He made his decision and it is what it is. He obviously had reasons that he did not want to play here 

We do need to know the reasons so we can fix them. If you're spurned for less money and Ohio then you need to know why

I mean let's be honest.

You grew up a huge Devils fan... Make the NHL and when you turn 28 you hit free agency leaving your team behind thinking the Devils will make an offer... they can't make it work so your contract options are now the Rangers, Flyers, Islanders and Colombus... where do you sign? 

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I would be genuinely shocked if the Devils go into the season with this roster and nothing else major. 

If they do, I'll call for Fitz' head. Your major offseason additions cannot be Vanecek and a 7th defenseman. 

We also traded Pavel Zacha for Pavel Zacha

Just now, SterioDesign said:

I mean let's be honest.

You grew up a huge Devils fan... Make the NHL and when you turn 28 you hit free agency leaving your team behind thinking the Devils will make an offer... they can't make it work so your contract options are now the Rangers, Flyers, Islanders and Colombus... where do you sign? 

I was arguing this the other day

I mean let's be honest.

Whoever pays me the most is where I sign. 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

I mean let's be honest.

If he left 10.5+ on the table in NJ to go with 9.5 in Columbus because he's still mad Stevens knocked Lindros's brain over the glass in 2000 then he's even dumber than I imagined.

• Like 2

I mean let's be honest.

Also, keep in mind that when this guy said he wanted to be close to home, he was talking about the flyers. He was not talking about the devils. Flyers couldn’t do it, so he went for close enough, and the team that he doesn’t hate.

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

If the kid grew up a Flyers fan, I can understand this. Doesn't follow the family line of family over everything, but it definitely kind of says we were probably 2nd and then dropped to 3rd on his list once Columbus was in. 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean let's be honest.

If all things are equal, the team that gives me the best chance to win and make money. If it’s the Rangers and I’m a 28 year old professional, then that’s what it is. It’s a business at the end of the day. Three of those teams put me relatively close to family 

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

If he left 10.5+ on the table in NJ to go with 9.5 in Columbus because he's still mad Stevens knocked Lindros's brain over the glass in 2000 then he's even dumber than I imagined.

This exactly. 7 million dollars thrown away because of childhood sports memories is silly. These guys rarely think like that