2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I find this funny coming from you just because of how passionately you hate anyone on our rival teams lol.

I’m not gonna lie- if it was a negligible difference in dollars, I’d always opt for the non-rival. But I would have to be the biggest idiot on the planet if I left several million dollars on the table that I’ll never be able to make back because I refused to sign with a team I grew up hating lol 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Also, keep in mind that when this guy said he wanted to be close to home, he was talking about the flyers. He was not talking about the devils. Flyers couldn’t do it, so he went for close enough, and the team that he doesn’t hate.

Yeah close to home may just mean... not having to cross a border to see family. Canada has been so fvcking anal with its travelling policies during covid that i can imagine US players wanting to be in the US as much as possible. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Missing out on Fiala, Debrincat, and Gaudreau is a tough fvcking start to the offseason no matter how you slice it. 

It’s hard to spin it otherwise. But there still are players available who can help the devils get better. Fitz’s Plan C and D?

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Fitz can explain why several UFAs were signed that could've immediately helped the team and none of them aside from Gaudreau were ever linked to the Devils. 

Fitz can explain why we're again going to be looking up draft rankings in december.

Yeah, but if Fitz is swinging for the fences and by all reports the Devils are the front runners, how can Fitz go after other UFAs in the meantime? He really can't do both.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Fitz can explain why several UFAs were signed that could've immediately helped the team and none of them aside from Gaudreau were ever linked to the Devils. 

Fitz can explain why we're again going to be looking up draft rankings in december.

Fitz went after the player you want the most. Tkachuk. That was his plan A. And now is still a possibility

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah close to home may just mean... not having to cross a border to see family. Canada has been so fvcking anal with its travelling policies during covid that i can imagine US players wanting to be in the US as much as possible. 

He’s literally an hour and a half away. He is close to home. Like I said, what he wanted was Philadelphia. When it came down to an hour and a half flight from Columbus or an hour and a half drive from Newark, the difference became negligible. 

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

More reliable source:

He’s a d!ck, obviously didn’t want to come here. Probably has a huge ego from being called “Johnny Hockey” for so many years. Go fvck yourself, a grown man shouldn’t call himself “Johnny” anyway. 

58 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Doing this is just as bad as comparing Lou's good year and comparing them to Shero who was left with NOTHING because of Lou's worst year. It's absolutely unfair to compare.

Actually the team Shero put together in Pittsburgh won 3 cups and 4 final appearances within 10 years. So when he has good players to manage he can get sh!t done

Shero won one cup.

1 minute ago, Puckbuster said:

Shero won one cup.

Well you're welcome to re-read what i said as i specified the team he put together won 3. Not that he won 3

Just like Yzerman didn't win a cup as a GM but the team he put together for years won 2. 

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

One of the blue check guys speculated the Devils were interested but Calgary wasn’t before the draft. Things may be different now. 

I guess I just don’t get the logic of losing one of your two best players and then saying “fvck it, might as well lose both”.