2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

Anyone think that maybe Johnny really likes hearing loud bangs and loves the cannon?

I mean it’s preferable over a whiney try-too-hard PA guy

oh god... i remember there's actually a video of Johnny getting scared and jumping during warmups in a game in Colombus...

Edited by SterioDesign

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

If you take Lou's tenure as a whole you also need to acknowledge all the talent in its prime that he simply let walk for nothing. That's just not a good way to run a business or anything. His assets management is absolutely horrible and it got a lot worst with the cap. And his unwillingness to adjust never helped that.

You also have to acknowledge the bad drafting and not doing anything about it letting David Conte being terrible at his jobs for over 10 years and doing nothing. Some fans wanted Shero or Fitz crucified for not firing a bad coach or assistant coach after a bad year but were fine with Lou not firing Conte who's been bad for over a decade?

It's absolutely possible to acknowledge the good things he did and not put your head in the sand completely about his downfalls too. There's literally no perfect GM in NHL history. And many very good GMs never won a cup. Just like some of the best players never won a cup. 

Nobody ignores the bad parts. You take the bad with the good. Everyone else seems to get that. Fact is it’s been 7 years that he’s been gone and Shero wasted 5 of them playing 2nd round pick roulette. You can’t keep blaming Lou for everything that’s gone wrong. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

The amount of Devils fans on Reddit doing a victory lap because Fitzgerald's "Chad energy" not overpaying and "sticking to his guns" makes me want the team to move to fvcking Quebec so maybe it'll bring in a non-braindead fanbase. 

What is Chad Energy?

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Nobody ignores the bad parts. You take the bad with the good. Everyone else seems to get that. Fact is it’s been 7 years that he’s been gone and Shero wasted 5 of them playing 2nd round pick roulette. You can’t keep blaming Lou for everything that’s gone wrong. 

Well it's more that it's not fair to blame Shero (or any GM stepping into that situation and make statements like "Shero wasted 5 years") that makes me bring up what Lou left behind for another GM to clean up. If the fans wouldnt sh!t on GMs like it's their faults for the lack of success when they had to start over from scratch, i would have never brought up Lou. And i'd say the same exact thing about any GM having to start over with an equivalent roster and prospect pool to what we had in 2015. Absolute rock bottom. Nothing of value to trade on the roster and no prospects. How long do you think it takes to rebuild from that? considering when you draft a player it can take years before he has an impact in the NHL... technically you have 1 or 2 like that top every year... so do the math. 

Unless a GM literally had a crystal ball or a time machine to assure to make the best possible moves he makes. It's literally impossible to rebuild from what Lou left within 5-7 years. That's absolutely unfair to assume that.

Edited by SterioDesign

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well it's more that it's not fair to blame Shero (or any GM stepping into that situation and make statements like "Shero wasted 5 years") that makes me bring up what Lou left behind for another GM to clean up. If the fans wouldnt sh!t on GMs like it's their faults for the lack of success when they had to start over from scratch, i would have never brought up Lou.

Unless a GM literally had a crystal ball or a time machine to assure to make the best possible moves he makes. It's literally impossible to rebuild from what Lou left within 5-7 years. That's absolutely unfair to assume that.

Technically speaking, and in your defense here, this whole line of crap started cause I joked kessel woulda been Lou’s first move post-JG going elsewhere, a la Post-Kovy 9 years ago.

this one’s on me folks, SD just jumped in when I wasn’t gonna bother anymore

44 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

This really needs to be investigated. I mean the Devils are trying to spend money and win. They have a good young core. They put forth the best offer, and get nothing. You just had a player knowingly make a worse financial and career decision to avoid the Devils.

What the Devils did should be enough. 

5 minutes ago, '7' said:

This really needs to be investigated. I mean the Devils are trying to spend money and win. They have a good young core. They put forth the best offer, and get nothing. You just had a player knowingly make a worse financial and career decision to avoid the Devils.

What the Devils did should be enough. 

Well does it?

I mean i dont live in NJ. But i keep hearing from people literally all over north America is that it's the armpit of the states. A sh!tty place to live, etc etc etc

I'm not saying i agree or anything. i literally don't know. I'm just saying what im hearing.

But my guess is that there's some truth to that, probably not as bad as reported. But then anyone saying is not true... are still living in NJ and are possibly in a good neighborhood and legit happy... or they are possibly very biased too and simply can't see it. I assume the truth is somewhere in the middle but yeah. It's not surprising that most fans "don't get it" if they don't see it. But then when i see comments like "he went to play in a sh!thole in Ohio"... well... saying that you're doing exactly what everyone else is doing with Newark.

Anyway. Just an outside perspective

Edited by SterioDesign