2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

Just now, mfitz804 said:

No there isn’t. You are just making an assumption without any evidence at all. You are just making it up to serve your narrative lol. 

1. Last year Fitz barely made any moves while he focused on Dougie. It worked. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

2. We have the reporting from draft day saying Fitz didn't really have a plan B if MTL took Slaf.

3. We weren't rumored to be in on any other players beside JG

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

1. You have no idea of that’s true as you have no ideas what calls he made. 

2. That’s laughable for multiple reasons. 

3. Rumors? That’s what you are hanging your hat on??

Dude Fitz sucks and is running this org into the ground, but if defending him is the hill you wanna die on then have at it

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

1. You have no idea of that’s true as you have no ideas what calls he made. 

2. That’s laughable for multiple reasons. 

3. Rumors? That’s what you are hanging your hat on??

BTW the Burakovsky spec is from a guy who knows a guy i.e. rumors.

8 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

1. Last year Fitz barely made any moves while he focused on Dougie. It worked. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

2. We have the reporting from draft day saying Fitz didn't really have a plan B if MTL took Slaf.

3. We weren't rumored to be in on any other players beside JG

1)Dougie was the main target last year and we ended up with him  

2) there are zero reports saying that. You’re making that up because it was said that Fitz was seeing if anyone wanted #2 when Slaf got taken.

3)we were rumored it be be in on Burakowski by someone who has had contacts through him in the past. You just don’t like that source so it doesn’t count. and we don’t know who else has been talking to us. There are no reports on Palat, Neiderreter, etc right now. Copp wasn’t coming here. Not hearing something doesn’t mean there’s nothing. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

21 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yeah I had to look at that twice. Also it’s apparently Tyler and not Tom so I’m nailing it with the reading. 

It’s fine, you’ll learn his first name if you ever need to know it lol . 

15 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

The Burakovsky thing is hearsay. He was laser focused on Gaudreau. Guy can't seem to walk and chew gum at the same time. Not only are we still in the basement, we're now the laughingstock of the league right now

It's hard to pursue multiple first-day free agents when you think you have a great shot at the big fish. Before I kill the GM over this, I need to know when he knew he had no shot at Gaudreau.

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

2) there are zero reports saying that. You’re making that up because it was said that Fitz was seeing if anyone wanted #2 when Slaf got taken.

3)we were rumored it be be in on Burakowski by someone who has had contacts through him in the past. You just don’t like that source so it doesn’t count. and we don’t know who else has been talking to us. There are no reports on Palat, Neiderreter, etc right now. Copp wasn’t coming here. Not hearing something doesn’t mean there’s nothing. 

Yeah i don't remember reading any reports suggesting Colombus would be in on Gaudreau until McKenzie brought it up early today. And himself said "i am not reporting this... just saying i heard that maybe there's something there"

And they got him.

Their GM basically said "Well he wanted to come here, so we couldnt turn that down", it just wasnt a genius move or anything. We're talking about a guy who lost Bobvrosky and Panarin in their prime for nothing. 

15 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Apparently you don't know what circumstantial evidence is.

BTW I know a guy who knows a guy who know Auston Matthews and Matthews said he wants to come to NJ next year

42 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

You don't think folks believe we look kinda clowning right now considering every sports network, journo and Twitter report had us as the most likely destination for JG? 

Nope. I believe JG to be a massive fvcking idiot who just made the biggest mistake of his career. Not like that fvcker knows what winning looks like, he’s spent his entire career in Calgary.

Edited by MadDog2020

55 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Very, very frustrating read.

55 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Very, very frustrating read.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

I love how Weekes has a different background every time he reports a signing 🤣

He was on chiclets this week. Said he got the idea from his wife to be authentic to who he is. Said he wanted to break news wherever he was and has run with it.

i also ran after the JG loss… and on minimal sleep… and am still exhausted. But I love Weekes

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I love how Weekes has a different background every time he reports a signing 🤣

And this will be all Fitz does because he's pathetic and incompetent 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

It better not be higher than 6 AAV. Buddy never scored 25 goals in his entire career and played on stacked team

Gonna come in around 5.5. Bet

• Like 1