2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

26 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Apparently you don't know what circumstantial evidence is.

BTW I know a guy who knows a guy who know Auston Matthews and Matthews said he wants to come to NJ next year

What circumstantial evidence? Cramming different reports in to fit your narrative isn’t evidence. If you were right about Fitz “panicking” after Slaf got selected, we’d have Wright instead of Nemec.

And the difference is that poster has a history of posts about that specific player and has no reason to lie about us talking to him in a deal that didn’t work out. Your Auston Matthews joke has as much credence as your “Fitz didn’t know Montreal might take Slaf” idea    

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

If only they had built the arena in Hoboken, or... anywhere besides Newark.

Hoboken would have been an absolute nightmare for those of us who drive every game, which for our fan base is still the vast majority of us. I'd still be a season ticket holder but I'd probably try to sell as many games as I could if I had to drive to Hoboken that much. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

The problem for most of us who dislike Long Island is it’s too far and too annoying to drive to. I have literally nothing else against Long Island lol. 

Same here, there are some music venues I like in Long Island but between the traffic and the miles it's actually quicker to drive to Philadelphia instead even though Philly is more miles wise. 

56 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And if all you want to do is bitch and complain, you have at it lol. 

All this dude has ever done is bitch and complain about everything for as long as he’s posted here, even when the team was good. If you wanna have a negative outlook on this team, fine- I understand because I also have my doubts about certain aspects of the organization. But the over the top, just fvcking infantile bitching and moaning as if Fitzgerald is fvcking Mike Milbury or Pierre fvcking McGuire- I mean, just fvcking give it a rest. You sound like a fvcking peckerhead. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Lou stepped in and had Kirk Muller, Shanahan, Pat Verbeek, John Mclean, Jim Dowd, Bruce Driver, Broten, Ken Daneyko.. etc etc They made the playoffs for the first time that year with very minimal moves from Lou bringing in new impact players, it was all the players that was already there. So tell me again how Lou singlehandedly turned that franchise in a playoffs team again?

Shero stepped in and had Henrique, Cammalleri, Brunner, a 38 years old Elias, Ryan Clowe, Gelinas, Steve Bernier, Stephen Gionta, a 25 years old Gomez, Havlat, Greene, peter Harrold, Josefson, Larson, Salvador, Zidlicky, Zubrus, tootoo, Michael Ryder, Ruutu, Matteau....

You simply can't take away credits from Shero for already having Crosby and Malkin and then turn around and ignore everything Lou had when he got there. That's just hypocritical.

He sure made good moves to build from that, i'm 100% giving him credits for that. But getting Stevens required having Shanahan. He picked Guerin and made a good trade to get Niedermayer. And he traded down for Brodeur. all good moves. But he had tons of VERY GOOD ASSETS to play with.

No one answers this question.  Do the Devils win 15 Division titles, 5 conference titles and 3 cups without Lou?  Did Lou bring in players like Madden and Rafalski?  You all think it’s so easy, when you don’t have to deal with personalities and other GMs, money, etc.  The Devils had a great 28 year run and you diminish it because they needed a rebuild at the end.  Detroit, needed a rebuild, Edmonton after 4 cups needed it, Chicago now needs it, by the end of next season, Pitt and Boston will need to.  San Jose and Anaheim are starting a rebuild.  Eventually Tampa will need  to rebuild and further down the line the cupboards will be empty for the Avalanche.  As a side note it took the Avs 21 years to get back to the cup finals.  It’s been 10 years for the Devils.  

2 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

No one answers this question.  Do the Devils win 15 Division titles, 5 conference titles and 3 cups without Lou?  Did Lou bring in players like Madden and Rafalski?  You all think it’s so easy, when you don’t have to deal with personalities and other GMs, money, etc.  The Devils had a great 28 year run and you diminish it because they needed a rebuild at the end.  Detroit, needed a rebuild, Edmonton after 4 cups needed it, Chicago now needs it, by the end of next season, Pitt and Boston will need to.  San Jose and Anaheim are starting a rebuild.  Eventually Tampa will need  to rebuild and further down the line the cupboards will be empty for the Avalanche.  As a side note it took the Avs 21 years to get back to the cup finals.  It’s been 10 years for the Devils.  

I'm not diminishing anything.

I've been saying that it's unfair to compare Lou's tenure with Shero's tenure as a Devils GM. And that we have to be a lot more patient than many have been considering what Shero started with in 2016. 

For GMs there's a lot of luck and bad luck involved too. Many GMs made great moves who never panned out and others made dumb moves and somehow it still worked. All of them. Detroit wouldn't have been this succesful for this long with the luck of drafting Datsyuk and Zetterberg this late and those guys becoming what they became for example.

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

All this dude has ever done is bitch and complain about everything for as long as he’s posted here, even when the team was good. If you wanna have a negative outlook on this team, fine- I understand because I also have my doubts about certain aspects of the organization. But the over the top, just fvcking infantile bitching and moaning as if Fitzgerald is fvcking Mike Milbury or Pierre fvcking McGuire- I mean, just fvcking give it a rest. You sound like a fvcking peckerhead. 

That is complete and utter bullsh!t..I've been on this board for 12 years. Don't be making sh!t up.

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

That is complete and utter bullsh!t..I've been on this board for 12 years. Don't be making sh!t up.

I’m not making anything up. You complain about sh!t a lot. It’s your thing. It’s okay. Doesn’t make you a bad person. Just own it. 

Edited by MadDog2020

I wish I was wrong about Palat. Figured this front office would be dumb enough to overpay this bottom 6 forward after not landing Gadreau. His contract shouldn't be more than 4.5 million for the 35 points a season he'll produce for this team. Now we get to hear the BS about him teaching the young guys how to win. As the team picks in the top 6 again after next season with him. Just absolutely the worst thing Fitz could have done. I saw this coming from a mile away.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m not making anything up. You complain about sh!t a lot. It’s your thing. It’s okay. Doesn’t make you a bad person. Just own it. 

I don't complain all the time and I certainly didn't complain when we were doing well. You're just making sh!t up. That's fvcked up, Dude

4 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

I don't complain all the time and I certainly didn't complain when we were doing well. You're just making sh!t up. That's fvcked up, Dude

You do complain all the time. It's mindblowing if you're not aware of that

MadDog2020 is right. Complaining is your thing here. That's what you bring to this forum

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

I wish I was wrong about Palat. Figured this front office would be dumb enough to overpay this bottom 6 forward after not landing Gadreau. His contract shouldn't be more than 4.5 million for the 35 points a season he'll produce for this team. Now we get to hear the BS about him teaching the young guys how to win. As the team picks in the top 6 again after next season with him. Just absolutely the worst thing Fitz could have done. I saw this coming from a mile away.

Let's wait and see what the AAV is before we freak out. If it is over 5mm(it prob will be) I'll be freaking out right with you...but might as well wait until tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You still have time to freak out today :)

Since it’s not my money and we have cap room to spare, I’m not as annoyed at that number as I would be normally…. but that is a lot of money for a guy like Palat. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You do complain all the time. It's mindblowing if you're not aware of that

MadDog2020 is right. Complaining is your thing here. That's what you bring to this forum

Yup. I complained about Kovalchuck, and Jagr and Hall and Cammaleri and Ryder and Jack and Nico.

Such bullsh!t, Dude.

I rarely posted during the Shero years and Fitz has given me a lot to complain about the past couple seasons. When Dougie got signed I didn't say sh!t. Fitz has given me a lot of reasons to complain.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Since it’s not my money and we have cap room to spare, I’m not as annoyed at that number as I would be normally…. but that is a lot of money for a guy like Palat. 

It’s a lot. But we have the room right now and having a guy sit down in the locker room who has won 2 recent cups can’t hurt

• Like 1