2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

15 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I don't blame Gadreau for not signing with the Devils. We have the worst owners in the league. The worst GM in the league. The worst coach in the league. The worst goaltenders in the league. Pay mediocre roleplayers lke Palat like they are star players. Can't say I blame him. This team is going to finish in last place in the Metro next season. No question about it.

I mean, we're a young team with young guys that will get better. For anyone sh!tting on Fitz for failing... Philly and the Islanders did worse.

Philly, obviously they traded Giroux last year so they are re-tooling, but getting Gaudreau would have been a huge jumpstart to that considering he wanted to go there, not being able to make room for it is a good example of why it's important not to give bad contracts as much as possible, impossible to move them if you have to.

The Islanders it's even worse cause they were expected to make a run last year. Also after firing one of the best coach if not the best in hockey after he couldnt get as much from being given a worst roster every year by just patching holes with over the hill dudes. They go and didn't really get better so far. This is the begining of the end for them i'm pretty sure. They'll just keep on patching holes and take on bad salaries in a desperate attempt to stay relevant up until all the core guys are too hold and either walk away for nothing or lose all their value. 

We're in much much much better shape going forward than those teams

1 minute ago, NJD16W said:

I don't blame Gadreau for not signing with the Devils. We have the worst owners in the league. The worst GM in the league. The worst coach in the league. The worst goaltenders in the league. Pay mediocre roleplayers lke Palat like they are star players. Can't say I blame him. This team is going to finish in last place in the Metro next season. No question about it.

I never noticed you until yesterday... but okay. You're one of those........ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

Dude fvck off

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

sucks the worst GIF

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Buddy really wanted out of Calgary. And the "going home specifically" was kind of overplayed in the media

He could also just be trying to walk it slightly back seeing the aftermath this has all caused fanbses. Don't think we'll truly ever know and that's fine aswell.

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I guess Ottawa is trying to land Klingberg. If they do that'd be a massive summer haul for them

Based on his last three seasons, Klingberg looks like another Severson-type.  Too up-and-down and infuriating for my blood.  

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I guess Ottawa is trying to land Klingberg. If they do that'd be a massive summer haul for them

I think Ottawa's moves mirror ours a little bit. I absolutely love the parity in the league right now as teams move towards building up and supplementing young core(s) groups. 

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Based on his last three seasons, Klingberg looks like another Severson-type.  Too up-and-down and infuriating for my blood.  

Well thanks for sharing your feelings but I said that Ottawa was trying to land him so it has nothing to do with us lol 

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well thanks for sharing your feelings but I said that Ottawa was trying to land him so it has nothing to do with us lol 

Yes I get that I was more saying I'm not sure it would be a big win for Ottawa if they landed him, because he reminds me of what Severson brings.  

NJ Media just did a full 20 minutes with Brendan Smith. Says all the rights things. Link below. 

Also, looking at all the new players that have come in so far. They all have significant playoff experience. Smith, Palat, Haula all bring this element. Smith likes the Palat move cause he's sandpapery when he moves down the lineup. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I think Ottawa's moves mirror ours a little bit. I absolutely love the parity in the league right now as teams move towards building up and supplementing young core(s) groups. 

How does Ottawa's moves mirror ours? Ottawa went out and got great players. We got Palat for 2 million dollars per year more than he's worth. I would rather have nothing than what Fitz has delivered. Let the cap money just sit vacant. I would enjoy that more than the 35 points a year Palat will put up here.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Sure, like we’re really worried about where Hughes is going to sign 8 years from now. He just signed an extension!!

There are people legit worried about Palat's deal and OMG it's going to prevent us from getting someone in 4-5 years!

46 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

It must drive lurkers crazy that this board leans towards pleasant optimism as opposed to soul-crushing pessimism. 

Oh well. We are still going to have fun. At least I am. Lol

Heh all I saw yesterday was like three or four people yelling at each other, pretty much the same ones that were doing it a month ago.  It's become a smaller version of HF only at least there the personal attacks get curbed when they go off the rails.

Edited by NJDevs4978

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yes I get that I was more saying I'm not sure it would be a big win for Ottawa if they landed him, because he reminds me of what Severson brings.  

well i didn't mean just getting him would be a massive summer haul. I mean everything they got this summer is clearly making their team better

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Heh all I saw yesterday was like three or four people yelling at each other, pretty much the same ones that were doing it a month ago.  It's become a smaller version of HF only at least there the personal attacks get curbed when they go off the rails.

There seems to be less and less filtering here, feel free to say whatever you want

7 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

How does Ottawa's moves mirror ours? Ottawa went out and got great players. We got Palat for 2 million dollars per year more than he's worth. I would rather have nothing than what Fitz has delivered. Let the cap money just sit vacant. I would enjoy that more than the 35 points a year Palat will put up here.

Well this is a dumb take.

• Like 3