2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And I was just asking the question lol. RFA deals sometimes turn out to be reasonable and even bargains, compared to UFA overpayments.  That’s why I was curious as to how those players got their AAV. 

Well Palat only got a 700k bump on this contract his first time hitting free agency. it's not that big of a jump. I was not expecting a big jump or a jump at all considering he's 31 and wanted more terms... id be totally fine with this annual salary for shorter terms or even a bit higher salary but for only 2-3 years.

He'll only be hated by Devils fans & probably Flames fans. Nobody else will care about him. Honestly as Devils fans we have much bigger fish to fry. This organization is an absolute dumpster fire. It's from top to bottom. The fans included in that. Imagine celebrating the signing of a 9 year veteran forward that has cracked 50 points twice on loaded teams on lines with hall of famers. Paying him a good 2-2.5 million dollars more than he's worth per year through age 36. He's never produced at the level of a 6 million dollar per year forward. I'm sure that will come in his 30's though. Sure thing! If you don't recognize how bad this contract is you are out of your mind. You are a part of the problem. I'm trashing this from now until his buyout. Palat is an overrated roleplayer on a dynasty team that will amount to nothing here. He's Alvin Harper leaving the 90's Cowboys to sign with the Buccaneers. The Devils twitter account is an embarrassment. After striking out on Gadreau they act like we should all be excited for Palat. It really is pathetic that they think this moves the needle at all. Palat will not put 1 extra ass in the seats at the Rock. He will put up the same production as Zacha for 3 times the price.

Fitzgerald is the worst GM in the leauge. I was defending the guy a week ago. Even with the highly questionable Chase Stillman & Mukhamadullin picks. Those guys will likely amount to nothing by the way. He reached on both. Mukhamadulin seems like a guy that will end up staying in Russia. Probably will never play a game for the Devils. Whiffing on Gadreau after going on all out to get him is perfectly fine. I was not mad at him. Until he immediately picked up the phone and threw 6 million at a guy that has never & will never produce at that level. Total panic move. Fans of rival teams laugh at this pathetic deal. As they should. Palat will not teach the Devils how to win. The Devils will teach Palat how to lose. This is a buyout waiting to happen. Stop praising it. This signing is as bad as the Clowe & Cammalleri signings right after they were announced. He's Ondrej Harper. This is one of the worst signings in Devils franchise history. 40 points per season at most. 

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

JG is going to be more hated league-wide than Marchand at this point 

7 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

He'll only be hated by Devils fans & probably Flames fans. Nobody else will care about him. Honestly as Devils fans we have much bigger fish to fry. This organization is an absolute dumpster fire. It's from top to bottom. The fans included in that. Imagine celebrating the signing of a 9 year veteran forward that has cracked 50 points twice on loaded teams on lines with hall of famers. Paying him a good 2-2.5 million dollars more than he's worth per year through age 36. He's never produced at the level of a 6 million dollar per year forward. I'm sure that will come in his 30's though. Sure thing! If you don't recognize how bad this contract is you are out of your mind. You are a part of the problem. I'm trashing this from now until his buyout. Palat is an overrated roleplayer on a dynasty team that will amount to nothing here. He's Alvin Harper leaving the 90's Cowboys to sign with the Buccaneers. The Devils twitter account is an embarrassment. After striking out on Gadreau they act like we should all be excited for Palat. It really is pathetic that they think this moves the needle at all. Palat will not put 1 extra ass in the seats at the Rock. He will put up the same production as Zacha for 3 times the price.

Fitzgerald is the worst GM in the leauge. I was defending the guy a week ago. Even with the highly questionable Chase Stillman & Mukhamadullin picks. Those guys will likely amount to nothing by the way. He reached on both. Mukhamadulin seems like a guy that will end up staying in Russia. Probably will never play a game for the Devils. Whiffing on Gadreau after going on all out to get him is perfectly fine. I was not mad at him. Until he immediately picked up the phone and threw 6 million at a guy that has never & will never produce at that level. Total panic move. Fans of rival teams laugh at this pathetic deal. As they should. Palat will not teach the Devils how to win. The Devils will teach Palat how to lose. This is a buyout waiting to happen. Stop praising it. This signing is as bad as the Clowe & Cammalleri signings right after they were announced. He's Ondrej Harper. This is one of the worst signings in Devils franchise history. 40 points per season at most. 

90175535-F873-4DDE-A7B3-36CFC3BA4E71.jpeg.690304ac1de4f181687155d47da51ace.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, NJD16W said:

Get fvcked 

• Like 2

Wowser, us Devil's fabs are really separated on this! None of us know what went into it.  (or whom he tried to lure over here) NJD16W . I love Fitz, and his efforts to bring a decent team here.

What a jackass

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Get fvcked 

The truth hurts doesn't it. I'm sure the budding superstar Palat will light it up in his 30's after producing as a bottom 6 level forward for a decade surrounded by Hall of famers. Give me Zacha for 1/3 of the price. I have not even been a big Zacha fan. I'll still be glad to take Zacha straight up in points over Palat for as long as Palat stays on this roster. The buyout is no further than 3 years away for Ondrej Harper though. 6 million a year for Palat. Holy hell! He's a winner though! Just as long as he has 5 other superstars on the team with him.

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

How many of those would you rather have on your team at that salary vs a 31 years old Palat at the same price tag though? I guess that's where this is all coming from

Great words. Players did sign with their teams as rfa. You are right.

1 hour ago, NJD16W said:

Yeah I believe devils fans have bigger fishes to fry. Minority of their own Devils fans who loudly hated team and every steps they made. People are trying to have fun from the sport, using rebuilding teams as a concept, who built the team through th draft like we did, but some of Devils fans are trying to sh1t every prospect and every trade and every sign they made just because. Its a big fish to fry. I believe everybody will forget JG when you have this kind of "brothers".

4 hours ago, NJD16W said:

🔨 

6 hours ago, NJD16W said:

You keep saying that Palat is more expensive than Zacha, but Zacha was looking to get paid more too.

We are talking a difference of maybe 2 million and Palat will play in the top 6, has top 6 experience. Zacha will barely break the top 6 on bad team. What do you think Zacha will get paid in Boston? 

If Zacha gets 4.5 million or even 4 from Boston, you are going to look and sound dumber than a box of rocks. 5 million? You seem to think that Zacha is going to get paid 2 or 2.5 and you'd have a point, but young players don't get closer to their prime and then ask for less money.

I've never met an adult who is this whiny. "Muh devils Twitter." They announce every signing as if it's Dougie Hamilton or Gaudreau. They are literally paid to promote your team.

Your strawman of Devil's fans is laughable too. Fans are not falling out of the seats to praise the Palat deal. I'm sure most are fine with it because they are not insane.

Edited by RizzMB30

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

(...) 

Your strawman of Devil's fans is laughable too. Fans are not falling out of the seats to praise the Palat deal. I'm sure most are fine with it because they are not insane.

Hey speak for yourself!! 

• Like 1