2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If I'm running the team, here's what my lines look like (spoiler, it's basically what SD said) :

Shango-Hughes-Bratt
Palat-Hischier-Mercer
Holtz-Haula-Zetterlund
Wood-Boqvist-Bastian

Extra: Tatar, Johnsson

Graves-Hamilton
Siegenthaler-Severson
B. Smith - Nemec (I'm saying he comes into camp and says "there's no way you can't play me") 

Extra: Ty Smith (please be a good player again baby)

Vanicek-Blackwood

Since we historically always agree on everything. This lineup is no different. This is what im hoping for unless another move come or that there's a big surprise at camp

That being said i think things will get tricky with Wood.

Im obviously just guessing but im assuming he wants more than a 4th line role. I'm assuming he wants to up his value and not sign a contract based on... a full year of not playing. So he likely want to sign a 1 year deal but Fitz wouldnt want that and lead him to free agency. So it's likely going to be tricky

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Since we historically always agree on everything. This lineup is no different. This is what im hoping for unless another move come or that there's a big surprise at camp

I think Fitz may try to bring in another RHD as number 5,6 or 7. Competition for Nemec.

His flaws are on display here in development camp. Bad turnover on d zone boards turned into a chance for Red. 

1 minute ago, RizzMB30 said:

I think Fitz may try to bring in another RHD as number 5,6 or 7. Competition for Nemec.

His flaws are on display here in development camp. Bad turnover on d zone boards turned into a chance for Red. 

Well Mukh is direct competition for sure

20 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If I'm running the team, here's what my lines look like (spoiler, it's basically what SD said) :

Shango-Hughes-Bratt
Palat-Hischier-Mercer
Holtz-Haula-Zetterlund
Wood-Boqvist-Bastian

Graves-Hamilton
Siegenthaler-Severson
B. Smith - Nemec (I'm saying he comes into camp and says "there's no way you can't play me") 

Vanicek-Blackwood

I like the look of this, with the hope that Holtz forces his way into the top-6 sooner than later.

And I agree with your caveat about Nemec, but if I'm Fitz I'd still try and get another solid reliable bottom-pairing guy just in case he doesn't look ready.

Really does make you wonder about Smith's future here though.  I'd much rather get another player than risk only having him to go to and having him cater that bottom pairing.

Edited by Devilsfan118

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well Mukh is direct competition for sure

Possibly, isn't he a lefty? I think I mean an NHLer tho. Like a Hamonic or Mayfield. Those are just the first two depth dmen that come to mind. Hamonic is kinda bad. 

Edited by RizzMB30

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Shango-Hughes-Bratt
Palat-Hischier-Mercer
Holtz-Haula-Zetterlund
Wood-Boqvist-Bastian

Graves-Hamilton
Siegenthaler-Severson

Vanicek-Blackwood

Adding McLeod to the "Extra" pile or to the AHL?

3 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Possibly, isn't he a lefty? I think I mean an NHLer tho. Like a Harmonic or Mayfield. Those are just the first two depth dmen that come to mind. 

No he played on the right in the AHL.

Bahl too actually, he's been on the left before i believe

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

McLeod goes in the “I don’t give a flying fvck where this no-talent bust plays” pile, but I hope it’s not in New Jersey. 

It does look like we have some spaces to clear in order to move guys up, I mean those lineups you guys are throwing out don't even have Tatar and Johnsson in them, let alone anyone else coming up (other than Zetterlund if he sticks). 

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

IF and i say IF Subban re-sign with us. It better be for league minimum. He got lucky getting paid WAY WAY WAY WAY too much and im talking... more than double what he was actually worth and brought for years. Now time to compensate buddy

I think it'll be more in the $2-3 million range. 

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

SterioDesign:

Would you rather step on a lego at random once-per day for the next 2 years, or see the Devils re-sign Subban to a 4x20m deal with a full NTC and NMC.

I don’t know about SD, but I’d rather step on the legos than sign Subban to a deal like that 🤣

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I think it'll be more in the $2-3 million range. 

Yeah, wherever he signs it’ll probably one or two years at $2-3 million.