2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah, wherever he signs it’ll probably one or two years at $2-3 million.

If he gets a second year, someone was nice to him. Seems like a tailor made situation for a one year deal.

But someone will probably do it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I just cant wrap my head around him being good enough to be the LW on the Stamkos-Kucherov line but somehow will be on the 3rd line in NJ in the fall.  

I totally agree Palat is top 6 but not necessarily because he was on the Stamkos-Kucherov line. Before he was sent to the Rangers Namestnikov was on that line.

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

SterioDesign:

Would you rather step on a lego at random once-per day for the next 2 years, or see the Devils re-sign Subban to a 4x20m deal with a full NTC and NMC.

Counter offer:

Make it twice a day for 5 years.

Yes i'm making this deal 10 times out of 10

The only thing i'd personally agree with is 750k for 1 year. And he's our 8th dman who only play if there's injuries. 

Edited by SterioDesign

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Counter offer:

Make it twice a day for 5 years.

Yes i'm making this deal 10 times out of 10

The only thing i'd personally agree with is 750k for 1 year. And he's our 8th dman who only play if there's injuries. 

What if instead of the legos, every time you have to pee you have to get catheterized? 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What if instead of the legos, every time you have to pee you have to get catheterized? 

If Ana de Armas is the one doing it. No problemo

@MB3 please observe that i'm not that bad at negotiating after all ^

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

If Ana de Armas is the one doing it. No problemo

@MB3 please observe that i'm not that bad at negotiating after all ^

Nope. PK gets to do it. He either plays on the team or gives you a catheter whenever you have to pee. 

Assume for this question PK knows how to administer a catheter and breaks them at least half as often as his sticks. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Nope. PK gets to do it. He either plays on the team or gives you a catheter whenever you have to pee. 

Assume for this question PK knows how to administer a catheter and breaks them at least half as often as his sticks. 

The guy can't fvcking put a puck on a 4x6 feet hockey net. How do you expect him to do something like inserting a catheter?

Just now, SterioDesign said:

The guy can't fvcking put a puck on a 4x6 feet hockey net. How do you expect him to do something like inserting a catheter?

Because it’s my hypothetical and I am granting him the ability to insert catheters. He’s laser focused on your pee hole and can thread it like a needle. 

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Because it’s my hypothetical and I am granting him the ability to insert catheters. He’s laser focused on your pee hole and can thread it like a needle. 

I think i should get a lawyer for this

edit: Not for the catheter but just to go through the paperwork and give me legal advices

Edited by SterioDesign

33 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

How quiet had it been after the first day of free agency? 

I know it slows down but it has been unusually quiet. 

Was thinking the same.  Admittedly outside of Kadri, not sure who some of the bigger UFA names are that remain unsigned.

Really REALLY hoping PK isn’t coming back.  If it’s on a one-year cheap deal I’ll live with it, but I won’t like it.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Was thinking the same.  Admittedly outside of Kadri, not sure who some of the bigger UFA names are that remain unsigned.

Really REALLY hoping PK isn’t coming back.  If it’s on a one-year cheap deal I’ll live with it, but I won’t like it.  

I mean Kadri and Klingberg are the two biggies as well as Niederitter. Players like Kessel and Stasny are also around, but I suppose they don't hold the same appeal as before. But I haven't even seen some of the depth signings you would expect.  

Re: Suban

I was totally against a contract of four million for Subban about six months ago and called a racist for my statement.

Fast forward to today, and with the state of the dman market, four mill for Subban for like three years may actually be ok. Seems like the young guys like him, and you see a much inferior player like Gudbransen getting 4 mil from CLB and maybe I can admit I was totally wrong.

Edited by Rob_Ottawa

21 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Re: Suban

I was totally against a contract of four million for Subban about six months ago and called a racist for my statement.

How was that construed as racist??

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know lol i feel it's mentioned by someone (not him) almost daily haha 

People are just trying to make themselves believe it. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

How was that construed as racist??

Oh dude lol Things don't need to be actually racist to be called racist these days unfortunately. That's just the easiest way for some people with no argument to shut down an argument

Ive dealt with the same exact thing, called racist after commenting on Subban's antics. Which has absolutely nothing to do with his skin colour obviously

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Oh dude lol Things don't need to be actually racist to be called racist these days unfortunately. That's just the easiest way for some people with no argument to shut down an argument

“Some people”, uh huh. Typical. ;) 

Just now, MB3 said:

i remember someone saying “Subban has been a punk and a distraction as a Devil” a few months ago and the only possible way you can think that is if you are being a racist piece of sh!t. Wonder if it was that.

I think THAT might be racist…

• Like 1