2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

18 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i remember someone saying “Subban has been a punk and a distraction as a Devil” a few months ago and the only possible way you can think that is if you are being a racist piece of sh!t. Wonder if it was that.

It's sad when people lose sight of common sense in order to virtue signal.

There's absolutely nothing racist in that comment, NOTHING. And to suggest that "the only possible way someone could think that..." is actually more racist lol

Especially while talking about a player with such a long history of reports about being a distraction. Slewfooting more players in a week than the average player does in his entire career. Paid god knows how many fines for diving, and a player who SO many players and coaches came out publicly to call out for being a distraction... But sure.... someone say something bad about him and it has to be race related lol Go to bed dude.

Oh and you don't need to bring up that Jack once said that PK was great. Yes, that's absolutely destroying all the evidences that we've seen about him playing dirty and all the stuff ive seen when he was in MTL. 

Edited by SterioDesign

24 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i remember someone saying “Subban has been a punk and a distraction as a Devil” a few months ago and the only possible way you can think that is if you are being a racist piece of sh!t. Wonder if it was that.

People who virtue signal suck and have 0 life. Suban has been a distraction, and that whole welcome bs was way over the top for a guy whose best days were long behind him. (Ironically that over the top welcome could be viewed as virtue signaling to not appear racist) 

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

you still have time to delete this…

There's absolutely nothing wrong in what i said. Nothing to delete there.

What's your next ridiculous woke take? That the NHL is sexist because a woman never won the Conn Smyth? 

Edited by SterioDesign

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

There's absolutely nothing wrong in what i said. Nothing to delete there.

What's your next ridiculous woke take? That the NHL is sexist because a woman never won the Conn Smyth? 

They should change it to Conchetta Smyth. 

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

it’s not woke to say that you’re bordering on questionable if you think PK has somehow been a distraction and a locker room liability despite the fact everyone in the room has said otherwise (and 3 of our best players just went on fvcking vacation with him lol.)

i know you’re the king of absolutely dogsh!t allegories but no. if i said “ever since we hired that woman to be our GM this team has been pathetic.” that would be sexist. 

What you suggested is literally as if someone would say

"The only possible way someone could have anything negative to say about amanda is if they are a sexist piece of sh!t." Which would make you a sexist piece of sh!t. 

And then someone say "Fitz said she's been nothing but amazing in her job!". And that would somehow.... erase everything she did that rubbed fans the wrong way. 

And you keep putting your head in the sand that Subban has a long-history of being a distraction in MTL. I don't care how he was in NJ. He build himself a reputation based on LOTS of reports, many that ive seen coming from coaches, teammates, people aroumd the team, i've seen videos of him mouthing his coaches and fighting countless teammates in practice (which he also did in NJ fighting Wood). That reputation was going to follow him that you like it or not.

So for someone to suggest that he may be a distraction... comes from THAT. HIS HISTORY. It has nothing to do with his skin colour, so drop that non-sense that the ONLY reason someone could think that is because of skin colour when the guy has a history. its ridiculous

Edited by SterioDesign

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Isn’t it funny when both people have the same opinion and they still argue about it?

You know who was a fvcking amazing person and player? Sean Avery. He was simply the best, since Henrik Lundqvist said he was a good teammate once.

Anyone saying he was an a$$hole and a locker room cancer are obviously just homophobes. 

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

again. holy sh!t your so far off. amanda is annoying because there’s documented proof of her being annoying. i don’t care if she’s a unicorn.

he’s been a consummate professional in new jersey. period. jesus. fvcking. christ. 

There's documented proofs of Subban being a distraction in the past too, he was fvcking traded because of it for god sake, i'm not just talking about NJ i said it many times, by now i get that you don't want to admit it. I don't care about his skin colour, he could be my identical twin... if he acted and did everything he did in his career, i'd still have the same exact opinion of him

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

You know who was a fvcking amazing person and player? Sean Avery. He was simply the best, since Henrik Lundqvist said he was a good teammate once.

Anyone saying he was an a$$hole and a locker room cancer are obviously just homophobes. 

Are you calling Sean Avery gay?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

he was engaged to another man so my answer is yes

Is that confirmed, I thought it was only ever a rumor. 

Whether he is or not, he’s still a douchebag for unrelated reasons. Like because Subban is black. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is that confirmed, I thought it was only ever a rumor. 

Whether he is or not, he’s still a douchebag for unrelated reasons. Like because Subban is black. 

Was it just a rumour? Well fvck. I mean i never looked into it cause i don't care and its not a big deal to me. He was with Elisha Cuthbert for awhile and was engaged to another woman for awhile too

Just googled it briefly to double check cause if he's not well i'd have to make sure i'm not putting that out in the world if its not true

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sean-avery-bravo-andy-cohen-respond-engagement-rumor-223400436--nhl.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALJ3I1wYs1zcm39TDJ24_Qv9ebEtWAV1vO8_B5LAGLH7iXaSsSbB_MxMG9YlX-82qu_PR8JYHjaw6-Ti5vx7z0jlf_kuzaqmsyYjx6DWCa72rkT2-RaKaM70Rr7LqRXB2zWCttjJeZ-AircCOZb8FAr0vrTmUfTWoaEjMUDHSJ8x

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Was it just a rumour? Well fvck. I mean i never looked into it cause i don't care and its not a big deal to me. He was with Elisha Cuthbert for awhile and was engaged to another woman for awhile too

Just googled it briefly to double check cause if he's not well i'd have to make sure i'm not putting that out in the world if its not true

https://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/sean-avery-bravo-andy-cohen-respond-engagement-rumor-223400436--nhl.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALJ3I1wYs1zcm39TDJ24_Qv9ebEtWAV1vO8_B5LAGLH7iXaSsSbB_MxMG9YlX-82qu_PR8JYHjaw6-Ti5vx7z0jlf_kuzaqmsyYjx6DWCa72rkT2-RaKaM70Rr7LqRXB2zWCttjJeZ-AircCOZb8FAr0vrTmUfTWoaEjMUDHSJ8x

PK is definitely black though, I think that’s confirmed. 

It also has nothing to do with his various issues that have upset you. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

If you can’t dispute that and still call him a “cancer” or a “distraction” or a “head case” or whatever else you want to call him, there’s a pretty solid chance you don’t like the color of his skin. Or you’re just misinformed and really, really, really loud about it. 

That’s a pretty big leap you’re taking and really not something you should be saying about someone without anything to back it up. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I don’t know how this has devolved to talking about Steriodesign again. Rob Ottawa asked the question. Rob Ottawa threw a zillion insults at PK about the type of person he’s been as a Devil off the ice. Before editing and deleting posts, rob Ottawa said that’s “not the kind of leader our team should have”. 

if there is no other explanation for blindly despising a person AS A PERSON and not as a hockey player, it is not a leap. if anyone thinks it’s a leap they have to look outside for a second.

Again I have no idea what Rob said but I know what @SterioDesignhas said and he has 50 reasons that have nothing to do with race. He hates him as a person, for sure. 

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

There are posts like this that make me wonder if you’re all 100% up there. There is documented evidence of Sean Avery on the rangers being a sh!thead. Dozens of teammates have spoken up about him. He takes videos of running people over on his bicycle now that he’s retired. He’s an unhinged lunatic. 

Dispute this sentence with a single shred of evidence or shut the fvck up and go the fvck away: PK Subban as a New Jersey Devil has been a well respected teammate and has ingratiated himself with the community and the fanbase.

If you can’t dispute that and still call him a “cancer” or a “distraction” or a “head case” or whatever else you want to call him, there’s a pretty solid chance you don’t like the color of his skin. Or you’re just misinformed and really, really, really loud about it. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s a pretty big leap you’re taking and really not something you should be saying about someone without anything to back it up. 

Yeah MB3 you have to understand you're the only person bringing race into this whole thing. And it has no place for that, unless... something race related is actually mentioned.

Because your personal opinion is that PK was amazing. That the only possible way you can project someone thinking differently... is that its because of his skin colour? That's a huge leap.

Especially when the word "distraction" followed Subban his whole career. It's attached to him. So that statement is certainly not suddenly made up since he's in NJ.

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

It's attached to him. So that statement is certainly not suddenly made up since he's in NJ.

It could be argued that his behavior in New Jersey has been the outlier as compared to his experiences elsewhere. At least as they have been reported to me, I certainly wasn’t following what he was doing in Montreal or elsewhere. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It could be argued that his behavior in New Jersey has been the outlier as compared to his experiences elsewhere. At least as they have been reported to me, I certainly wasn’t following what he was doing in Montreal or elsewhere. 

For sure, i mean. I know many guys in the staff and team LOVES him. I also know many guys in MTL loved him too. That was kind of the problem, the team was kind of divided in MTL because of him. You have Subban and his pals on one side and PAcioretty, gallagher and the vets on the other.

Also everything that ive SEEN with my very eyes, like subban fvcking up during a game or practice, getting to the bench and mouthing a coach that was trying to coach him, him mouthing teammates, him fighting teammates, so many people calling him out in interviews. etc etc ive SEEN all that, it existed lol but GUARANTEED if it didnt happen in MTL. i would ahave never seen it. And for damn sure, if this happened in NJ we wouldnt see it either. Well it happened, he fought wood and we saw it actually. But again, i legit have no idea how he was in NJ. From everything we've heard, he was great. So i'll just believe that. But i also know that it's possible we just didnt hear about it.

Jesus, can we not? Just ignore each other already. 

Just stop engaging with this person. If you ignore him long enough he goes away and the overall quality of the board improves. 

There is no reason to discuss anything with them when they bring nothing of value to the conversation jumping to accusatory conclusions on a dumb online discussion board . 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Just stop engaging with this person. If you ignore him long enough he goes away and the overall quality of the board improves. 

There is no reason to discuss anything with them when they bring nothing of value to the conversation jumping to accusatory conclusions on a dumb online discussion board . 

I’m not sure I know which person you mean lol. 

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Well you called this place a "dumb online discussion board"... something like that can't afford fancy features i guess

I wasn't sh!tting on NJDevs, and there is an ignore function that it does have that works fine. I'm just saying wishlist.

Edited by RizzMB30