Jump to content

2022 Free Agency thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

That's not what I'm saying. If he is looking at CBJ when then his intent on being close to home doesn't seem as important as originally reported 

This is likely his agent doing his due diligence trying to drive the price up.

The representing the biggest FA in the last few years and he has 2 teams bidding? Not ideal

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean if I was his agent, I would be talking to as many teams as possible, if only to drive up the price. That's exactly how it's done. 

Problem is, we could be getting used for that purpore, or we could be the ones whose price is getting pushed up. But from the agent's perspective, that's business as usual. 

Yeah, it does sound like an agent move. You don't think the agent is saying to Lou, "Well, the Devils offered 10.5."

 

Agents just doing his job and looking for anything extra on his payday too. Even if agents get like 10%, 10 million isn't a bad deal to take ten percent on. 

Edited by RizzMB30
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

Yeah, it does sound like an agent move. You don't think the agent is saying to Lou, "Well, the Devils offered 10.5."

 

Agents just doing his job and looking for anything extra on his payday too. 

Of course. If he wasn't trying to max out his deal he wouldn't be doing his job. As much as we just want him to sign with us, that's not how it works. It is not, and was never, a one or two-horse race. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

you mean the press conference that the flames GM had where he literally said "it's about his family" last night didn't tip you off?!

if Lou - the family guy - will sign him, we will know about it in september.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate being a fan cause I want instant gratification and answers.

granted the second the announcement comes and should it be us, I’ll lose my mind and breathe a huge sigh of relief 

If not, clearly he’s an overrated scrub that doesn’t understand the sport or how trash (fill in team) really is.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

This is likely his agent doing his due diligence trying to drive the price up.

The representing the biggest FA in the last few years and he has 2 teams bidding? Not ideal

He has 2 teams bidding because of the " I want to go home" narrative. Otherwise the whold league would be involved and he'd be in tampa or vegas

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Let's not turn on the guy yet, might just be his agent doing agent things.

This is his last chance at a fat contract.

He got offered a big fat contract in Calgary which he turned down for what he said was family reasons.  Three teams are wanting Gaudreau that are close to where he lives with 1 being out due to being up against the cap.  So he is down to 2 teams that can offer salary and being close to home so he........ reaches out to Columbus?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

He got offered a big fat contract in Calgary which he turned down for what he said was family reasons.  Three teams are wanting Gaudreau that are close to where he lives with 1 being out due to being up against the cap.  So he is down to 2 teams that can offer salary and being close to home so he........ reaches out to Columbus?

his agent reached out to Colombus. That's very very different and literally what agents do

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.