Jump to content

2022 Free Agency thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

And inherited Crosby and Malkin. I’ve never thought much of Shero. After their cup, his teams were upset 5 years straight in the playoffs. 

Exactly.  I just think if you take Lou’s tenure as a whole, just like any team after a long run, he was successful.  All teams need a rebuild free a long run.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He’s a d!ck, obviously didn’t want to come here. Probably has a huge ego from being called “Johnny Hockey” for so many years. Go fvck yourself, a grown man shouldn’t call himself “Johnny” anyway. 

Dougie Hamilton says hi. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

One of the blue check guys speculated the Devils were interested but Calgary wasn’t before the draft. Things may be different now. 

I’d do Holtz, any other prospect they want not named Luke Hughes, top-3 protected 2023 1st, 2023 2nd, unprotected 2024 1st

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess I just don’t get the logic of losing one of your two best players and then saying “fvck it, might as well lose both”. 

The thing is, they didn't win with Johnny Gaudreau having his absolute best season. Losing him for nothing certainly won't make the team better. So a retool / rebuild is the smartest thing to do if your goal is to win a cup.

And Tkachuk is a RFA and i believe said he didn't want to be part of a rebuild / retool. So he won't sign long term. So they may be forced to trade him and really commit to a rebuild

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Puckbuster said:

Exactly.  I just think if you take Lou’s tenure as a whole, just like any team after a long run, he was successful.  All teams need a rebuild free a long run.

I agree, as a whole absolutely. I get Lou’s strategy and all. Without him we are in Nashville in the 90’s. But it just got really old and unmanageable towards the end. He took the 2012 run to heart and tried to squeeze another run out of Patty and Marty and it just wasn’t going to work. All good things come to an end. I’d love nothing more than to have even a third of that success under Fitz. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I don’t either, but there’s been talk that Tkachuk might want out of Gaudreau left 

 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

The thing is, they didn't win with Johnny Gaudreau having his absolute best season. Losing him for nothing certainly won't make the team better. So a retool / rebuild is the smartest thing to do if your goal is to win a cup.

And Tkachuk is a RFA and i believe said he didn't want to be part of a rebuild / retool. So he won't sign long term. So they may be forced to trade him and really commit to a rebuild

Even if true, they aren’t going to give him away, I assume the cost would be high. And I think I would still do it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

 

Even if true, they aren’t going to give him away, I assume the cost would be high. And I think I would still do it. 

As Maddog said, you’re probably looking at a few top prospects/ 1st rounders. Would be steep for sure and I’d only want it with a signed extension 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

As Maddog said, you’re probably looking at a few top prospects/ 1st rounders. Would be steep for sure and I’d only want it with a signed extension 

It's a gamble especially since Tkachuk said he didn't want to be part of a rebuild or retool. Not sure how excited he would be about signing and extension with a team that's just treading water

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

As Maddog said, you’re probably looking at a few top prospects/ 1st rounders. Would be steep for sure and I’d only want it with a signed extension 

A signed 8-year extension is a prerequisite. No extension, not a chance am I trading top prospects and multiple first rounders. 

Edited by MadDog2020
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

As Maddog said, you’re probably looking at a few top prospects/ 1st rounders. Would be steep for sure and I’d only want it with a signed extension 

Oh yes extension has to be part of the deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Not sure how excited he would be about signing and extension with a team that's just treading water

He puts us just about over the damn top. If he’s too stupid to realize that, I don’t want him. He should absolutely know this and have no issue signing. Fitz is also his cousin.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

It's a gamble especially since Tkachuk said he didn't want to be part of a rebuild or retool. Not sure how excited he would be about signing and extension with a team that's just treading water

Lol good point, we aren’t exactly a playoff contender, having sh!t the bed so incredibly hard last season. 

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Exactly.  I just think if you take Lou’s tenure as a whole, just like any team after a long run, he was successful.  All teams need a rebuild free a long run.

If you take Lou's tenure as a whole you also need to acknowledge all the talent in its prime that he simply let walk for nothing. That's just not a good way to run a business or anything. His assets management is absolutely horrible and it got a lot worst with the cap. And his unwillingness to adjust never helped that.

You also have to acknowledge the bad drafting and not doing anything about it letting David Conte being terrible at his jobs for over 10 years and doing nothing. Some fans wanted Shero or Fitz crucified for not firing a bad coach or assistant coach after a bad year but were fine with Lou not firing Conte who's been bad for over a decade?

It's absolutely possible to acknowledge the good things he did and not put your head in the sand completely about his downfalls too. There's literally no perfect GM in NHL history. And many very good GMs never won a cup. Just like some of the best players never won a cup. 

 

 

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SterioDesign said:

If you take Lou's tenure as a whole you also need to acknowledge all the talent in its prime that he simply let walk for nothing. That's just not a good way to run a business or anything. His assets management is absolutely horrible and it got a lot worst with the cap. And his unwillingness to adjust never helped that.

You also have to acknowledge the bad drafting and not doing anything about it letting David Conte being terrible at his jobs for over 10 years and doing nothing.

It's absolutely possible to acknowledge the good things he did and not put your head in the sand completely about his downfalls too. There's literally no perfect GM in NHL history. And many very good GMs never won a cup. Just like some of the best players never won a cup. 

 

 

I thought you were a fan of his drafting, first I’m hearing about this.  😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The kid just couldn't pass up the opportunity to go play for an org that has won one playoff round in 21 years for millions less, rather than playing in his home state. It's a slap in the face, end of the world, of course not. Not a good look though.  Yeah we disagree on the 1.5 hour plane ride being about the same as a 1.5 hour drive. Besides that I would assume he wouldn't be moving into the house he grew up in but would of found one "closer".   I think we're just not as attractive a destination as  hope we are even after signing Hamilton and with Hughes and a small handful of others.  I think this is a sign we probably haven't turned that corner, yet.  

Although we didn't walk away entirely empty handed today.  Prove me wrong Fitz by not fishing in the bargain basement bins of players not good enough to move the needle the rest of this off season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.