Jump to content

2022 Free Agency thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, '7' said:

It shouldn't be so easy for some teams and almost impossible for others to obtain players and improve. The deck is stacked way against us even when we have $ and try to improve. 

You just can't fight city hall. Some places are attractive places to play based on the city or the franchise. 

It used to be a badge of honor that the Devils had to build a winner differently than the Original 6 teams. That was even more true before the blasted salary cap, which I'll curse for the rest of my life. I hate it.

The Devils can still build a winner without blue chip free agents. There's talent here. Not between the pipes, though! Hopefully this Vanacek dude will be adequate.

Edited by Jerrydevil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Which is exactly what happened to us last year.

Yup. And our $9m free agent defenseman. Also our first replacements on offense when someone was out were Mason Geertsen and AJ Greer. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That’s exactly what happened last season. Blackwood had problems recovering from surgery,  Bernier got hurt, and Jack got hurt. The season was over 2 weeks in. 

Jiminy Christmas y'all need to read better. That's what I'm inferences. Heck, we just need one of these guys to go down again this season and we're fvcked

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Jiminy Christmas y'all need to read better. That's what I'm inferences. Heck, we just need one of these guys to go down again this season and we're fvcked

I know man, I’m agreeing with you. We haven’t added much depth yet. There’s still time for that I suppose 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

8 years to build a team that won after he left. How long did it take Lou to turn a Mickey Mouse organization into a perennial playoff team for 28 years.

Lou stepped in and had Kirk Muller, Shanahan, Pat Verbeek, John Mclean, Jim Dowd, Bruce Driver, Broten, Ken Daneyko.. etc etc They made the playoffs for the first time that year with very minimal moves from Lou bringing in new impact players, it was all the players that was already there. So tell me again how Lou singlehandedly turned that franchise in a playoffs team again?

Shero stepped in and had Henrique, Cammalleri, Brunner, a 38 years old Elias, Ryan Clowe, Gelinas, Steve Bernier, Stephen Gionta, a 25 years old Gomez, Havlat, Greene, peter Harrold, Josefson, Larson, Salvador, Zidlicky, Zubrus, tootoo, Michael Ryder, Ruutu, Matteau....

You simply can't take away credits from Shero for already having Crosby and Malkin and then turn around and ignore everything Lou had when he got there. That's just hypocritical.

He sure made good moves to build from that, i'm 100% giving him credits for that. But getting Stevens required having Shanahan. He picked Guerin and made a good trade to get Niedermayer. And he traded down for Brodeur. all good moves. But he had tons of VERY GOOD ASSETS to play with.

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Couldn’t agree more, lived many years in Central Jersey, went to school in South Jersey, also lived in Hoboken.  Now I’m living in LI because of the wife.  Absolutely despise LI and would do anything to live in NJ.  Absolutely loved it there.  So many places to visit.  Never that far from the shore, can go to any one of many states within a couple hours.  I constantly have this conversation with friends and it’s true, everything you need, any sporting event you want to attend, any outdoor activity you want to take part of you can.  Not many places around the country you can say the same about.  Would move back tonight if I could.

It's ON LI. Don't sh!t talk the island.  Not sure where on li you are, but it's beautiful here (minus the lie).  Literally you can drive north or south and end up at a beach in under 20 mins (have much longer of a drive for those in inland jersey. Got fi, long beach, Hamptons, Montauk, shelter island.  People on here rave about how good the Jersey beaches are... they're not anything special.  Li has better.  Li doesn't have a mountain, but who gives a damn...every other activity that dirty Jersey has to offer, we have on the Island, and Jones Beach is one of the best summer concert venues in the tri state.

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Wotherspoon is so supposed to be Witherspoon like Reese and it’s not, and that is triggering to me. 

Yeah I had to look at that twice. Also it’s apparently Tyler and not Tom so I’m nailing it with the reading. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

I guess, but I think the whole “he only focused on JG” thing probably isn’t true. We know he was bidding on Burakovsky, and I am sure there were other calls being made too. There’s a lot of teams, you don’t always get your man in free agency. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

It's ON LI. Don't sh!t talk the island.  Not sure where on li you are, but it's beautiful here (minus the lie).  Literally you can drive north or south and end up at a beach in under 20 mins (have much longer of a drive for those in inland jersey. Got fi, long beach, Hamptons, Montauk, shelter island.  People on here rave about how good the Jersey beaches are... they're not anything special.  Li has better.  Li doesn't have a mountain, but who gives a damn...every other activity that dirty Jersey has to offer, we have on the Island, and Jones Beach is one of the best summer concert venues in the tri state.

The problem for most of us who dislike Long Island is it’s too far and too annoying to drive to. I have literally nothing else against Long Island lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I guess, but I think the whole “he only focused on JG” thing probably isn’t true. We know he was bidding on Burakovsky, and I am sure there were other calls being made too. There’s a lot of teams, you don’t always get your man in free agency. 

The Burakovsky thing is hearsay. He was laser focused on Gaudreau. Guy can't seem to walk and chew gum at the same time. Not only are we still in the basement, we're now the laughingstock of the league right now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

The Burakovsky thing is hearsay. He was laser focused on Gaudreau. Guy can't seem to walk and chew gum at the same time. Not only are we still in the basement, we're now the laughingstock of the league right now

Your entire premise is hearsay lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah this is just overreacting to overreact. I need therapy reading some of the fvcking stupidity on here today. 

You don't think folks believe we look kinda clowning right now considering every sports network, journo and Twitter report had us as the most likely destination for JG? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

There's more circumstantial evidence to support my claim though.

No there isn’t. You are just making an assumption without any evidence at all. You are just making it up to serve your narrative lol. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, CarpathianForest said:

You don't think folks believe we look kinda clowning right now considering every sports network, journo and Twitter report had us as the most likely destination for JG? 

If it’s because he cheaper out by a few hundred thousand, sure. But it we offered above $10m and he still turned it down, not really. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.