2022 Free Agency thread

MadDog2020

45 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Technically, Columbus is closer to Salem County, NJ than Calgary.  But let's be honest, being in Columbus is basically the same as being in Calgary when it comes to his ability to see family during the grind of an NHL season.   I could be wrong, but I don't think these guys have the time to jet around the country to have dinner with mom and dad, even on an off day.  

But he has time to drive the equal amount of time? 

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Now Pat Kane will go to the Rangers for like.... a 3rd round pick from 2026 or something like that

and Chicago will retain 95% of his salary

Could we even have a guy with his history on the roster after hiring a woman in our front office? 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Could we even have a guy with his history on the roster after hiring a woman in our front office? 

At this point i'd take John Wayne Gacy on this damn team if he can run the defence. I don't care about someone's feelings

42 minutes ago, MB3 said:

you’re missing the major canadian COVID policy wrinkle in there. 

That could've been near the top of the list of why he wanted out of Canada. 

Who knows, who really cares... it's over now.  I want to see brat signing this week.

And we pretty much didn't have wood all last season, so we should be better.   

Blackwood should be on the shortest of leashes to be the 1a... 

42 minutes ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I don't know why he wanted out of Canada, but it is certainly possible that their COVID policies had a part in it.  Not denying that at all.

This isn't the NBA, it's not like he had to miss half the schedule a la Kyrie Irving. 

Im also happy we didn't throw insane money at a player like him cause you have young guys watching on the team. You throw 10 millions to JG and Bratt and his agent are like.... well now that your wallet is open......

Jack and Hischier took real good bargains and im hoping that its influencing the whole team kind of like Mackinnon in Colorado. Even better... we see that it worked for Mackinnon.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

After this whole thing i'm just worried that one day Jack Hughes decides he wants to be closer to home and signs with Colorado 😖

We have 8 years to worry about that. Hopefully by then this is a competitive team that at least one of his brothers is on and he will have no real reason to want to leave. 

If we aren’t a competitive team in 8 years I’m sure most of us will be in the looney bin anyway so we won’t know where Jack goes. 

I won’t lie I did want Gaudreau but I’m kind of relieved we won’t have to worry about the size of our top 6 yet at least. Bratt, Hughes, and Gaudreau on the top 6 could have been a lot of trouble against bigger teams. 

Still an experiment I would’ve like to have seen. 

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

We have 8 years to worry about that. Hopefully by then this is a competitive team that at least one of his brothers is on and he will have no real reason to want to leave. 

If we aren’t a competitive team in 8 years I’m sure most of us will be in the looney bin anyway so we won’t know where Jack goes. 

I was making a joke lol Colorado is nowhere near his home lol

you know.......

• Like 1

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/johnny-gaudreau-explains-why-he-chose-to-sign-with-columbus-blue-jackets-150111236.html?fbclid=IwAR3xcoBP3mfrt_MM_tKZwxsmgHsOYhdmqZNfssgG3hh_kUucjB4LLKXQ8fg

“I’d never been to Columbus before until I made it to the NHL, so when I started playing there I didn’t know what I was walking into, and I was just … ‘Wow!'” Gaudreau told The Athletic's Aaron Portzline. “They’ve always had great crowds, really into the game. I said to myself then, ‘This looks like a really fun place to play.’”

Ah i see, Johnny. Did the part where they fired money out of the cannon at you help? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, bobilly45 said:

Blackwood should be on the shortest of leashes to be the 1a... 

I don’t think he is 1A at this point, if we manage to sign Vitek (and I imagine we will), I think they will basically be on even footing and their time will be based on their performance. 

7 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

What could Calgary possibly want for tkachuk that we wouldn’t do at this point? 

I don’t think anything short of Hughes, the other Hughes, or Hamilton. I mean if they asked for Bratt or Hischier, wouldn’t we give them? 

17 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

After this whole thing i'm just worried that one day Jack Hughes decides he wants to be closer to home and signs with Colorado 😖

He just signed an 8-year extension that hasn’t even kicked in yet lol

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He just signed an 8-year extension that hasn’t even kicked in yet lol

Well definitely we all had a long day yesterday and everyone's sarcasm detector isn't fully operational lol

Colorado is nowhere near his home... figured that'd give it away and be an obvious jokes relating to JG not signing that close to home.

Hopefully this is the last time i have to explain it lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Well definitely we all had a long day yesterday and everyone's sarcasm detector isn't fully operational lol

Colorado is nowhere near his home... figured that'd give it away and be an obvious jokes relating to JG not signing that close to home.

Hopefully this is the last time i have to explain it lol

Sure, like we’re really worried about where Hughes is going to sign 8 years from now. He just signed an extension!!