Jump to content

2022 Free Agency thread


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, NJD16W said:

He'll only be hated by Devils fans & probably Flames fans.

Throw in the Isles fans and this part I believe to be 95% true, the rest at this point wasn't even worth reading. 

Flyers fans venom is squarely on Fletcher and very little on the player at this point. He was theirs to lose and they did so with ease.

No other fan anywhere gives a sh!t about a watch vs. dinner or whatever money he left on the table etc. imo. I also doubt he only pays up with a dinner but hey we hate the guy now and never wanted him so might as well take everything his says literally without knowing if it was in jest. Bottom line who TF cares?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've defended Zacha for years but I can't believe anyone is comparing him positively to what Ondrej Palat will bring to our top 6.  It goes well beyond just the points he's a damn good player that does all the dirty stuff to allow his star linemates to succeed.  This is the immediate upgrade so many of you wanted for this fall and while it might be a little bit of a long contract, I don't see it as something that will put us in any type of cap squeeze anytime soon. 

Also,  unlike early in his career where Zacha got ridiculously unlucky in terms of points (guys not finishing good feeds, scoring .1 seconds after a period would end, never getting easy secondary assists) I thought this year was particularly frustrating with him because that might have been the most bloated 36 point season ever.   So many empty calorie points.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

Your strawman of Devil's fans is laughable too. Fans are not falling out of the seats to praise the Palat deal. I'm sure most are fine with it because they are not insan

☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Me too

This board is apparently better off without us so they can have their own drama without us involved. pfffff

Well that's gonna be less fun...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brunette running the powerplay was a given but nice to have it confirmed. We still need another assistant coach right?

Id love for him to be right about Blackwood, and I can’t wait till that Bratt deal is done. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The other thing is, even if Palat is an overpaid 3rd liner and maybe Haula plays on the 2nd line LW and Palat drops down. But Fitz sees Palat as a top 6 guy to be supporting the youth there. Haula played up in the lineup in Boston. We replaced Zacha with those two. 

Bratt-Hughes-Shango

Palat/Haula-Hischier-Mercer

Boquist/Palat- Boquist/Haula- RWs Johnsson/Tatar/Zetterlund

 

Edited by RizzMB30
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

My banned button is starting to get worn out now. What is up with people? Is it a full moon?

 

 

July 13, 2 days ago, was in fact a full moon. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Shocking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

The other thing is, even if Palat is an overpaid 3rd liner and maybe Haula plays on the 2nd line LW and Palat drops down. But Fitz sees Palat as a top 6 guy to be supporting the youth there. Haula played up in the lineup in Boston. We replaced Zacha with those two. 

Bratt-Hughes-Shango

Palat/Haula-Hischier-Mercer

Boquist/Palat- Boquist/Haula- RWs Johnsson/Tatar/Zetterlund

 

I think there's a chance Holtz makes the team this year too. 

Either way i really dont think Haula will be put in the top 6.

Im guessing something like this

Sharangovich - Hughes - Bratt

Palat - Hischier - Mercer

Holtz - Haula - Zetterlund/Boqvist/Tatar

Wood - McLeod - Bastian

 

Still hoping we drop Tatar at some point this year, either this summer or at the deadline. There's just no room for him or Johnsson.

A few kids will step up in the next few years too... Boqvist is already there... we have Zetterlund, Gritsyuk, Thompson, Holtz, Stillman that will certainly get a good chance. Then there's guys like Halonen, Foote, Clarke, Talvitie, etc etc Plus god knows who could just come out of nowhere like Sharangovich did... And really there's only so many open spot on the roster and we have many young guys who will be there for a long time like Sharangovich, Hughes, Bratt, Hischier, Mercer, Holtz, Wood, McLeod and Bastien (thats 9 spots very likely filled for quite a few years so it's great news cause its making guys expandable for trades and fine tuning our roster.

Edited by SterioDesign
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

@SterioDesign

What about Nolan Foote, is he completely hopeless at this point?

Well he's in there (i added him with an edit when i realized i forgot him so i guess you replied before i did)

But yeah... i guess the fact i forgot him could speak volume but at the same time he had 32 pts in 55 games and 3 pts in 5 games in the playoffs. It's still decent production.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

The other thing is, even if Palat is an overpaid 3rd liner and maybe Haula plays on the 2nd line LW and Palat drops down. But Fitz sees Palat as a top 6 guy to be supporting the youth there. Haula played up in the lineup in Boston. We replaced Zacha with those two. 

Bratt-Hughes-Shango

Palat/Haula-Hischier-Mercer

Boquist/Palat- Boquist/Haula- RWs Johnsson/Tatar/Zetterlund

 

Starting with the Triplets in 2015, Palat has been in the Top 6 of the most dominant team in NHL that last several years including 4 trips to the finals.   A team that essentially has two 1st lines when healthy.  I know you were making a separate point but why is there any question Palat would be in our top 6 in the fall?  I think he walks into camp as the clear 2nd best winger on the team. I don’t understand the 3rd liner thing at all.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

My banned button is starting to get worn out now. What is up with people? Is it a full moon?

 

 

Please tell me you banned that psycho 16W or whatever the hell his name is…..

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Starting with the Triplets in 2015, Palat has been in the Top 6 of the most dominant team in NHL that last several years including 4 trips to the finals.   A team that essentially has two 1st lines when healthy.  I know you were making a separate point but why is there any question Palat would be in our top 6 in the fall?  I think he walks into camp as the clear 2nd best winger on the team. I don’t understand the 3rd liner thing at all.   

I am tempering expectations for the naysayers and making the argument for it's not as bad as they think. 

and giving Haula some credit as he played a little in the top 6 in Boston alongside Hall and Pastrnak. 

Edited by RizzMB30
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

@SterioDesign

What about Nolan Foote, is he completely hopeless at this point?

I like the kid. Watching development camp right now and Id give him a shot on the 4th line if Woods isnt healthy. 

 

Let's see Nemec!!

 

Edited by RizzMB30
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RizzMB30 said:

I am tempering expectations for the naysayers and making the argument for it's not as bad as they think. 

I understood your intent, yours was just the latest post with him even being questioned in the top 6 to reply to.


I just cant wrap my head around him being good enough to be the LW on the Stamkos-Kucherov line but somehow will be on the 3rd line in NJ in the fall.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I understood your intent, yours was just the latest post with him even being questioned in the top 6 to reply to.


I just cant wrap my head around him being good enough to be the LW on the Stamkos-Kucherov line but somehow will be on the 3rd line in NJ in the fall.  

I could see how his production not being very good numbers wise and the argument for who he played with and not putting up great numbers. 

Numbers aside, I think he's going to be fine. He does a lot of things on the ice that don't get noticed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I think there's a chance Holtz makes the team this year too. 

Either way i really dont think Haula will be put in the top 6.

Im guessing something like this

Sharangovich - Hughes - Bratt

Palat - Hischier - Mercer

Holtz - Haula - Zetterlund/Boqvist/Tatar

Wood - McLeod - Bastian

 

Still hoping we drop Tatar at some point this year, either this summer or at the deadline. There's just no room for him or Johnsson.

A few kids will step up in the next few years too... Boqvist is already there... we have Zetterlund, Gritsyuk, Thompson, Holtz, Stillman that will certainly get a good chance. Then there's guys like Halonen, Foote, Clarke, Talvitie, etc etc Plus god knows who could just come out of nowhere like Sharangovich did... And really there's only so many open spot on the roster and we have many young guys who will be there for a long time like Sharangovich, Hughes, Bratt, Hischier, Mercer, Holtz, Wood, McLeod and Bastien (thats 9 spots very likely filled for quite a few years so it's great news cause its making guys expandable for trades and fine tuning our roster.

I think Holtz is as good as in as long as he doesn’t totally blow it in camp. Thompson made the team last year before getting hurt so I think he has a good chance too. Too many forwards is a good thing, and I think Johnsson is the odd man out. He’s going to be easier to trade than Tatar. I’m hoping we can unload Tatar at the deadline regardless how low the pick or obscure the prospect we get back is. Actually I’d love some future considerations for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.