2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

This sucks. I can't imagine working your entire life to make it to the highest level and then have your body give out on you before you're even 25.

Terrible. I hope they can figure it out, I’d hate to see a promising career end so soon 

• Like 1

It wasn't constructive. It was disrespectful and insulting. They do have different jobs. One doesn't have to like it. If you don't like her then don't read it. 

This place always has something negative to say about almost everything. It is tiring.🙁

Edited by StarDew
Meant don't
  • Like 4

Well i guess this confirms that the goal was to put Mercer in the top 6. I always thought he'd be an above average 3C like Staal was in Pittsburgh, but maybe he can be more than that even. He sure looked like it at times last year.

Also i wonder what's the plan with Boqvist. I know he started to play better later in the season but he never really impressed me much overall. Mostly a passenger that got the job done somewhat but not a guy i'd say was a lock on the team

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, StarDew said:

It wasn't constructive. It was disrespectful and insulting. They do have different jobs. One doesn't have to like it. If you do then don't read it. 

This place always has something negative to say about almost everything. It is tiring.🙁

Well i defended Amanda a few times precisely saying her job wasn't to report and all. But in the overall criticism that she's getting constantly. There's something to be taken as constructive criticism in there too. There's truly an argument to be made and something she should reflect on about if she should have 2 different accounts for that job.

For example on my instagram it's under my business name, but i still post pictures of... my dog, my roadtrips, movies i watch, music stuff, anything. And obviously i post about my work and projects. And i did get some comments that i should just post my art and have a separate one (by very few people though). And i still gave it some thoughts cause well, that's what someone should do. And at the end of the day i just figured all of that is still somewhat "building my brand identity" cause its all the same interests and part of the same world and i know many clients actually loves is to see who's behind the curtain.

I mean... it works for a graphic designer mostly working with music and movies. But when your job is to report for another organisation, especially sports and that you keep talking about your shoes. That's a bit of a stretch. And understandable that some are getting annoyed after awhile. 

Edited by SterioDesign

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i defended Amanda a few times precisely saying her job wasn't to report and all. But in the overall criticism that she's getting constantly. There's something to be taken as constructive criticism in there too. There's truly an argument to be made and something she should reflect on about if she should have 2 different accounts for that job.

For example on my instagram it's under my business name, but i still post pictures of... my dog, my roadtrips, movies i watch, music stuff, anything. And obviously i post about my work and projects. And i did get some comments that i should just post my art and have a separate one (by very few people though). And i still gave it some thoughts cause well, that's what someone should do. And at the end of the day i just figured all of that is still somewhat "building my brand identity" cause its all the same interests and part of the same world and i know many clients actually loves is to see who's behind the curtain.

I mean... it works for a graphic designer mostly working with music and movies. But when your job is to report for another organisation, especially sports and that you keep talking about your shoes. That's a bit of a stretch. And understandable that some are getting annoyed after awhile. 

Sorry if my original reply came across personal. Not meant to be.

I hear you. However what you quoted wasn't constructive. It was aggressive. People have a choice now so to compare 2 different jobs is ridiculous. Why keep talking/bitching about something from the past that has been addressed? Seem absurd to me.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The problem is that (until this offseason, thank fvcking god) I *had* to follow Amanda to get news on the Devils because nobody else would post line combinations or injury updates. So I had to choose to see daily pictures of Amanda's fvcking feet for some reason or just not get Devils info on my twitter feed at all. That's what got tiresome. I don't care about her now because I can just unfollow her and I'll get my information elsewhere, but when she's the only one providing info it's not beyond the realm of decency to wonder aloud why the hell I have to read about Amanda's personal life and what coffee she got and where she buys her leggings. It's not a personal account and shouldn't be treated as one. 

Actually, it is a personal account, I think, but she should just have a separate one for business. 

32 minutes ago, MB3 said:

This seems like a fair take. I think complaining about Amanda on an anonymous message board is fine. She was annoying as hell.

Tagging her on twitter and throwing insults at her is icky as hell, though. 

Agree with this, leave her alone and if you don't like her, there's plenty of places to complain. Plus, it only leads to a bunch of simps jumping in to defend her, which is in turn, equally icky. 

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

image.png.844a177c2d8bd20a1bc6190957bd0031.png

Blue checkmark twitter saying "reporter / content creator / producer", it may have once been a personal account but it is definitely not one any more. If you have to use it as part of your job, that's not a personal account.

it also says fun aunt though

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That wasn’t constructive.

Well anything can be constructive if you have the right mindset.

There's obviously ways to communicate it less harshly and politely of course. Buddy was an a$$hole to tag her and all. No denial there.

But I mean wtv her role is.... well nobody knows exactly but she's been reported on every Devils related, the mouth piece of the team i'd say. So it's not wrong that on the one day and biggest day the franchise has in the middle of summer. She's out by 9pm while other things are happening. There's constructive criticism to be taken there.

Edited by SterioDesign