2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Well anything can be constructive.

There's ways to communicate it less harshly and politely of course. Buddy was an a$$hole to tag her and all.

But I mean wtv her role is.... well nobody knows exactly but she's been reported on every Devils related, the mouth piece of the team i'd say. So it's not wrong that on the one day and biggest day the franchise has in the middle of summer. She's out by 9pm while other things are happening. There's constructive criticism to be taken there.

To be fair, Novo announced he was traveling on vacation during part of the draft and not one person complained. Had Amanda done that, there would have been lots of criticism, constructive or otherwise. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

image.png.844a177c2d8bd20a1bc6190957bd0031.png

Blue checkmark twitter saying "reporter / content creator / producer", it may have once been a personal account but it is definitely not one any more. If you have to use it as part of your job, that's not a personal account.

That’s only confirming what I said. It was her personal account and she used it for work. She should have separate accounts. 

Although, I’m sure there are also plenty of people who like the fact that they get a glance into her actual life, some people follow people on social media for that exact reason. 

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

To be fair, Novo announced he was traveling on vacation during part of the draft and not one person complained. Had Amanda done that, there would have been lots of criticism, constructive or otherwise. 

Definitely true. 

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it also says fun aunt though

I’m not sure she is any of those things, but of all of them, fun aunt is the one I have the easiest time believing. 

Especially if shoe shopping is your idea of fun. 

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yes but that's comparing apples and oranges.

It's like in first game of the season. Nemec has a bad turnover... vs Severson having a bad turnover.

One has a long history and fans who are already fed up with it will bring it up. While Nemec who's new and full of potential, fans will likely give him a break t here

Novo has a way longer leash because he doesn't have a history.

Is it fair or not? that's debatable but it's definitely the reason

Edited by SterioDesign

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I kind of feel the opposite, like this dude just got here, and he's on vacation at the time of one of the first major events since he arrived?

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I kind of feel the opposite, like this dude just got here, and he's on vacation at the time of one of the first major events since he arrived?

Well to be fair, he's been very active and has provided all updates i could expect. I didn't even know he was on vacation to be honest.

Also its quite possible that he had these vacations booked for months now. Before he got the job, not much you can do there

17 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Probably a pre-planned vacation. Plus he was working while on vacation.

Edited by MadDog2020

36 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well to be fair, he's been very active and has provided all updates i could expect. I didn't even know he was on vacation to be honest.

Also its quite possible that he had these vacations booked for months now. Before he got the job, not much you can do there

33 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Probably a pre-planned vacation. Plus he was working while on vacation.

Probably. 

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yes but that's comparing apples and oranges.

It's like in first game of the season. Nemec has a bad turnover... vs Severson having a bad turnover.

One has a long history and fans who are already fed up with it will bring it up. While Nemec who's new and full of potential, fans will likely give him a break t here

If you think that’s the reason, that’s fine. Take a look at her feed. That “I need sleep” tweet was her only non-hockey tweet since going back to before the draft. She posted about 50 tweets today alone about the scrimmage 

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

If you think that’s the reason, that’s fine. Take a look at her feed. That “I need sleep” tweet was her only non-hockey tweet since going back to before the draft. She posted about 50 tweets today alone about the scrimmage 

Well im personally follow her and i havent been really harsh on her, even defended her a few times.

But i can acknowledge that the way she's using her account WILL annoy fans and it's their right to communicate that. Doesn't mean they have to right to be a$$holes about it of course. But we live in a very entitled society.

If she wouldnt post all that other stuff nobody would have problems with her. We all loved TG right? Well if TG would have been.... i don't know.... posting pictures of him at the gym, flexing, protein shake recipes or posting about his toenails collection or pictures of him baking cookies shaped into African animals.... constantly.... it 100% would have been brought up

She clearly crave attention and want to gain some... fame from doing this, it's pretty clear. While reporting is usually a selfless job focused on the subject. It's fine, but again, that's going to rub a lot of people the wrong way

Edited by SterioDesign

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

She clearly crave attention and want to gain some... fame from doing this, it's pretty clear. While reporting is usually a selfless job focused on the subject. It's fine, but again, that's going to rub a lot of people the wrong way

This is exactly what I was talking about earlier about the way people use social media. She’s looking for a following, and other people are following it because they want a glimpse into a “famous” person’s life. Granted she isn’t actually famous, but she’s on TV and such, there is a certain low level “celebrity” to her job. And I think some people eat it up.

Others vomit it right back out. 

7 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Ever wonder if players read random Twitter threads? Then wonder no more. 

God help him if he ever read this place, the take on this thread was actually quite reasonable. 

Yeah Sevs wouldn’t like CR’s takes too much 🤣

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

God help him if he ever read this place, the take on this thread was actually quite reasonable. 

I wonder which guy he think "gets it" though.... haha

46 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well im personally follow her and i havent been really harsh on her, even defended her a few times.

But i can acknowledge that the way she's using her account WILL annoy fans and it's their right to communicate that. Doesn't mean they have to right to be a$$holes about it of course. But we live in a very entitled society.

If she wouldnt post all that other stuff nobody would have problems with her. We all loved TG right? Well if TG would have been.... i don't know.... posting pictures of him at the gym, flexing, protein shake recipes or posting about his toenails collection or pictures of him baking cookies shaped into African animals.... constantly.... it 100% would have been brought up

I literally just looked at her thread going back a week. She had one tweet (the “I need sleep” one) that wasn’t hockey related going back 7 days. It’s not the big deal people make it out to be. Her job is to make fluff pieces and make it appear like the organization farts rainbows. Now that we have a real beat writer, there’s no reason to follow her if someone wants breaking news  

Though I’m pretty sure if TG posted any of that, people would scroll past it without a word, because plenty of hockey personalities post things about their lives and no one seems to mind. 

That one dude was trying to be edgy calling out a post and be made himself look like a jackass. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah Sevs wouldn’t like CR’s takes too much 🤣

Seves would not.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I literally just looked at her thread going back a week. She had one tweet (the “I need sleep” one) that wasn’t hockey related going back 7 days. It’s not the big deal people make it out to be. Her job is to make fluff pieces and make it appear like the organization farts rainbows. Now that we have a real beat writer, there’s no reason to follow her if someone wants breaking news  

Though I’m pretty sure if TG posted any of that, people would scroll past it without a word, because plenty of hockey personalities post things about their lives and no one seems to mind. 

That one dude was trying to be edgy calling out a post and be made himself look like a jackass. 

Well it's not just about that ONE tweet. That frustration has been building for years now.

And i admitted that buddy was an a$$hole on twitter.

And i like told CR the other day. Once someone decide to have an opinion about someone... that's all they'll see. Of course she could post 999 hockey posts in a row then post 1 post about shoes. And the fans who doesnt like her because of those shoes posts in the past will focus on that ONE post and ignore the 999 posts before. That's just how it works. Just like Severson can make 50 good plays, no mistakes in a row. Then makes one bad move and this forum goes "OH HERE GOES MINUS MAN AGAIN!" "THROW THAT MF INTO THE SUN!" etc etc etc lol that's just reality lol

Not saying it's fair or anything but this is what it is and yes its made a big deal when it's not.

But again, there's always some truth to it and yes Sevs makes a lot of brainfarts and she post a lot of random stuff that gets some fans annoyed, clearly. 

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Zacha’s probably coming to kill me before he moves to Boston. 

58 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well it's not just about that ONE tweet. That frustration has been building for years now.

And i admitted that buddy was an a$$hole on twitter.

And i like told CR the other day. Once someone decide to have an opinion about someone... that's all they'll see. Of course she could post 999 hockey posts in a row then post 1 post about shoes. And the fans who doesnt like her because of those shoes posts in the past will focus on that ONE post and ignore the 999 posts before. That's just how it works. Just like Severson can make 50 good plays, no mistakes in a row. Then makes one bad move and this forum goes "OH HERE GOES MINUS MAN AGAIN!" "THROW THAT MF INTO THE SUN!" etc etc etc lol that's just reality lol

Not saying it's fair or anything but this is what it is and yes its made a big deal when it's not.

But again, there's always some truth to it and yes Sevs makes a lot of brainfarts and she post a lot of random stuff that gets some fans annoyed, clearly. 

Right. And I’m pointing out that she’s not that bad and there’s a bias against her (and not constructive criticism) just like you pointed out the Severson bias just like people point out your Subban bias.

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Right. And I’m pointing out that she’s not that bad and there’s a bias against her (and not constructive criticism) just like you pointed out the Severson bias just like people point out your Subban bias.

We're all in agreement about all that.

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Zacha’s probably coming to kill me before he moves to Boston. 

He would probably hire the same hitman Joe Exotic was using for Carol Baskin, so you would almost get assassinated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

He would probably hire the same hitman Joe Exotic was using for Carol Baskin, so you would almost get assassinated. 

Exactly, my neighbor is fvcked lol. PZ almost found the right house. 

Edited by mfitz804