2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

IF and i say IF Tkachuk make moves in order to leave calgary and sign his QO. 1-They'll have to trade him 2-We'd have to trade for him with an extension or wtv... Cause with Tarasenko coming off the books in St-Louis they would totally have the money to throw at him... and there's a good chance he'd want to go there

Edited by SterioDesign

28 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

IF and i say IF Tkachuk make moves in order to leave calgary and sign his QO. 1-They'll have to trade him 2-We'd have to trade for him with an extension or wtv... Cause with Tarasenko coming off the books in St-Louis they would totally have the money to throw at him... and there's a good chance he'd want to go there

True.. Keith is a legend there and Matt and Brady grew up there

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

im pretty sure he meant that if Tkachuk goes to St Louis... that Tarasenko will be a UFA and that we sign him

Yep. We have the Marty connection, and he would look great on Jack or Nico’s wing. I’m sure people will worry about his age, but you aren’t going to find a better natural goal scorer who’s available (unless CBJ looks to move Laine). 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

What has that connection brought us so far, remind me. 

Not being an ass (for once), I genuinely don't remember.

Nothing really. I remember Hamilton mentioning Marty when he signed , but this is all I could find:

"Brodeur and Fitzgerald are two ex-NHL players who have had amazing careers and understand hockey, understand culture, and I think as a player, you want to learn from guys like that," Hamilton said "You want to be around guys like that, and I think that's definitely exciting. Just to kind of see their vision and what they want to do with the team and how it's a first-class organization, it's exciting. 

Obviously most are going to chalk that up to player speak, and not put much stock into it, but I do think Marty is pretty well respected around the league. 

Other than Pietrangelo, Tarasenko would be the biggest FA from the Blues to hit the market recently, so Marty being there for a few years in their FO could help? Who knows. I have no idea how well they know each other, but maybe Marty himself picks up the phone next summer and tries to convince Tarasenko to come to the Devils and play wing for Jack Hughes or Nico Hischier. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Nothing really. I remember Hamilton mentioning Marty when he signed , but this is all I could find:

"Brodeur and Fitzgerald are two ex-NHL players who have had amazing careers and understand hockey, understand culture, and I think as a player, you want to learn from guys like that," Hamilton said "You want to be around guys like that, and I think that's definitely exciting. Just to kind of see their vision and what they want to do with the team and how it's a first-class organization, it's exciting. 

Obviously most are going to chalk that up to player speak, and not put much stock into it, but I do think Marty is pretty well respected around the league. 

Other than Pietrangelo, Tarasenko would be the biggest FA from the Blues to hit the market recently, so Marty being there for a few years in their FO could help? Who knows. I have no idea how well they know each other, but maybe Marty himself picks up the phone next summer and tries to convince Tarasenko to come to the Devils and play wing for Jack Hughes or Nico Hischier. 

Unless we land Tkachuk late this summer... :P 

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We didn't get Husso either. 

I feel like Marty's connections have been brought up a lot, and they haven't led to anything of significance that I recall. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

We didn't get Husso either. 

I feel like Marty's connections have been brought up a lot, and they haven't led to anything of significance that I recall. 

Marty doesn’t personally know Husso, though. He’s been back in NJ since 2018, and Husso got to the NHL in 2021. 

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Marty doesn’t personally know Husso, though. He’s been back in NJ since 2018, and Husso got to the NHL in 2021. 

Right, but front office connections could, in theory, have helped with that regardless. 

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

he signed off on jersey jersey. that’s significant.

But it had nothing to do with his St. Louis connection lol. 

38 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right, but front office connections could, in theory, have helped with that regardless. 

True, but that’s assuming he was their target in the first place. I don’t really remember us being linked to him beyond fans wanting it. Maybe we were, and I’m forgetting. 

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

True, but that’s assuming he was their target in the first place. I don’t really remember us being linked to him beyond fans wanting it. Maybe we were, and I’m forgetting. 

I have no idea at this point. All I know is its only July and I am already excited to watch some hockey and its a long ways away.