2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

Just now, MB3 said:

I have no interest in starting an online witch hunt and I totally understand that making a statement doesn't totally recuse anyone from involvement in this Hockey Canada sexual assault case, but the reports are that 8 players were involved and on reddit it seems like there's only 8 players on the team Canada roster that haven't released a statement promising their innocence. 

Michael McLeod is one of those 8 players. 

The lawyers of the people not involved told them to make a statement. The lawyers of those involved said shut the fvck up. 

I don’t know if he was involved or what his involvement was at this point, but the implication of his not making a statement is that he was involved. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

On the Calgary end of things, they can't be remotely banking on us tanking in this trade either.  I would assume any trade Calgary makes has to assume the 2023 pick will be in the middle of the first round and they negotiate other assets from there.   I don't think a GM is going to take issue with something like top 2 protected because it was never anyones intent to trade them Bedard + for Tkachuk.      

If Tkachuk becomes available. I assume many many teams will be involved and that protected or unprotected mayyyy or may not just be what makes the deal fall through or not.

As the Calgary GM, i guess it will depends on who the players in the deal is but if its close you'd prefer getting the lowest possible first round pick. 

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I have no interest in starting an online witch hunt and I totally understand that making a statement doesn't totally recuse anyone from involvement in this Hockey Canada sexual assault case, but the reports are that 8 players were involved and on reddit it seems like there's only 8 players on the team Canada roster that haven't released a statement promising their innocence. 

Michael McLeod is one of those 8 players. 

This has been discussed on this board quite a bit already

Just now, MB3 said:

If we can use this as a catalyst for SD getting spam-replied "This has been discussed on this board quite a bit already" every time the mouth-breather talks about Lou or Subban I'm all in. 

Dude the way you framed your post you clearly had no idea it was being discussed already in another thread. You gave all the details we already knew like it was breaking news. 

I just informed you that it's already been discussed in another thread so that you can join/read that convo over there instead.

Again, calm the fvck down.

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ok ok. Got it, it was being discussed. Can we PLEASE avoid YET ANOTHER pointless pissing match between the two of you?!

The answer is divorce and separation. They obviously don't make each other happy anymore. 

Treating them like two bad kids when one of them was having an a$$hole reaction to being explained that this very topic is being talked about in a separate thread. That used to be called polite, but when someone lashes out at you for small sh!t, you know who has the real abuse problem. I hope he gets help.

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mehh wtv. I'll let you have one of your daily unhinged moment of the day. We're used to it by now.

I was legit just informing you that the topic was discussed already so that you can go read everyone's thoughts about it and join that convo rather than starting over a new one and jump from one thread to another.

I had nothing but good intentions. If i started a topic clearly not knowing that it's already discussed in another thread. And that someone would point out that it's discussed already. I'd just go "oh okay" and go find that conversation and continue it over there. That's it. 

But not MB3. He just has to throw a tantrum.

Edited by SterioDesign

5 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Now imagine doing that with divorcees. Might as well use your leg to separate fighting cats. 

Yeah but if it’s not you it’d be fun to watch. 

I say place these guys in a shirt together face to face and whoever gets a boner first loses. My money is on @SterioDesign, because @MB3 probably already lost just reading about it. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

The Devils may not even be in the running if Tkachuk doesn't want to sign a long-term deal to stay here. Boy, the Flames are in a tough spot. I hope Tkachuk is amenable to signing a deal for more teams than the St. Louis Blues, for the Flames' sake.

Someone should tell tell him that Newark is as close to St. Louis as Columbus is to Philly. I don’t think it’s true but heMs a hockey player, he probably doesn’t have great map skills. 

5 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

The Devils may not even be in the running if Tkachuk doesn't want to sign a long-term deal to stay here. Boy, the Flames are in a tough spot. I hope Tkachuk is amenable to signing a deal for more teams than the St. Louis Blues, for the Flames' sake.

It sucks for CGY because MT is still an RFA but they have ended up with no power/leverage.

It's pretty much the worst kept secret the entire family loves St. Louis so I doubt NJ is seriously in the running. Either CGY is going to be sour and hold him hostage on a 1 year deal to lose him for nothing, or MT will hold out on signing anything long term until CGY just accepts whatever St. Louis is offering.

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Someone should tell tell him that Newark is as close to St. Louis as Columbus is to Philly. I don’t think it’s true but heMs a hockey player, he probably doesn’t have great map skills. 

Parts of Newark and St. Louis are similar, but I don't think that's gonna get him here! 

What if Tkachuk wants the freedom to sign where he wants, like most great players do? Then this becomes a near-impossible situation for Calgary, to trade him this summer. If this happens, the Flames might have to wait until the trade deadline to deal him.

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

It sucks for CGY because MT is still an RFA but they have ended up with no power/leverage.

It's pretty much the worst kept secret the entire family loves St. Louis so I doubt NJ is seriously in the running. Either CGY is going to be sour and hold him hostage on a 1 year deal to lose him for nothing, or MT will hold out on signing anything long term until CGY just accepts whatever St. Louis is offering.

They won't lose him for nothing, but they might have to wait for a deadline trade to get the best deal possible for Tkachuk as a rental.

24 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I feel like its only our fans that think this deal will happen. I also think that after we tried and failed to do it for the 2OA, its just not going to happen. He will not want to sign here long term and he will go with a different option. He will not be a Devil. 

Feel free to use this post to show how wrong I was if a miracle occurs. 

19 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

They won't lose him for nothing, but they might have to wait for a deadline trade to get the best deal possible for Tkachuk as a rental.

Good point. I guess the question is does he get more at the deadline? He won't have JG to help his numbers and he might be unmotivated if he's kept against his will(so to speak). The teams that trade for him might also struggle at that time to clear the necessary cap vs doing it now.

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

He will not want to sign here long term and he will go with a different option. He will not be a Devil. 

You do know Fitz is his cousin right? There’s a connection there. Don’t just dismiss that he won’t wanna sign.

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You do know Fitz is his cousin right? There’s a connection there. Don’t just dismiss that he won’t wanna sign.

Yes his uncle, which makes this rumor seem even more possible that there is a connection. Have to wonder what is going on behind the scenes right now if anything at all

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Fitz is his uncle I think. I so badly wish the NHL sent players to the Olympics this year... players around the league have no fvcking idea how good Jack Hughes is. 

Uncle, even better. And yes, the league needs to discover that Jack Hughes is for real.

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ok ok. Got it, it was being discussed. Can we PLEASE avoid YET ANOTHER pointless pissing match between the two of you?!

25+ Best Pissing Match Memes | Pissing Match Meme Memes, Matches Memes,  Piece of Shits Memes

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Yes his uncle, which makes this rumor seem even more possible that there is a connection. Have to wonder what is going on behind the scenes right now if anything at all

It will help if they see him for more than 49 games in 2022-23.  I'd love to see the numbers he'd put up with 75+ GP.  

• Like 2