2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Not that it doesn't matter at all but the hype around him wanting to go to STL or playing with his brother just trump it. Anyway, sounds like so far OTT and NJ both aren't in his top 5.

Hype is hype. Who cares. We were supposed to be signing Gaudreau, lots of hype about it. What happened? Exactly. fvck ‘hype’.

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Hype is hype. Who cares. We were supposed to be signing Gaudreau, lots of hype about it. What happened? Exactly. fvck ‘hype’.

Ha, well we all have our own perspective. The connection of that entire family to STL is a lot deeper than Gaudreau was ever connected to the Devils(we all know he was connected to the Flyers/South Jersey).

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Ha, well we all have our own perspective. The connection of that entire family to STL is a lot deeper than Gaudreau was ever connected to the Devils(we all know he was connected to the Flyers/South Jersey).

You guys just don’t wanna be let down again, and I get it. But you underestimate how much of a factor we are in this. And quite frankly- we fvcking should be, because we have a lot going for us. 

Edited by MadDog2020

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You guys just don’t wanna be let down again, and I get it. But you underestimate how much of a factor we are in this. And quite frankly- we fvcking should be, because we have a lot going for us. 

Don’t convince us, convince Tkachuk! 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Don’t convince us, convince Tkachuk! 

Tell him we're sponge worthy!

Cheers Drinks GIF

• Haha 1

I don't think the price is going to be as high as some of you imagine. He's going to be a UFA at the end of the season so Calgary isn't trading a locked up player. I also don't think they sign and trade because that could handcuff Calgary even more. That long list of teams in that tweet could mean a bidding war.

Have to imagine Treliving wants to take Wood back in a trade with NJ to replace some of the physicality Tkachuk brings, unless Wood's lack of contract concerns him.

50 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Why is it that these things don’t matter when it’s the Devils? If his uncle was the GM of some other team, you’d probably be worried about it. I think it means something for sure. 

I just don’t think it means as much as Ottawa or St Louis if family is his motivation. Like I said, the chances are that Brady will be in Ottawa a lot longer than Fitz is here. People don’t like it, but until they start winning the Devils aren’t going to be a considered desirable destination unless you get a guy like Hamilton who likes a quieter situation. If the young guys hit their stride and this team starts winning, we get on a lot more lists.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Several more players have come out today saying they had nothing to do with the sexual harassments (see: gang-rape). McLeod was not one of them. 

This is a problem. I’m really beginning to think he was somehow involved. And if he was, he needs to go, pronto.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

This is a problem. I’m really beginning to think he was somehow involved. And if he was, he needs to go, pronto.

I’m kind of ready to part ways with him anyway, so it’s real easy to agree that if there is any proof of his involvement, he should be cut loose. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I know this goes without saying but I don't even care if it's Jack Hughes level of talent. If you participate in a gang rape of a girl you shouldn't be a professional athlete. 

Add to it also she was underage, and replace “you shouldn’t be a professional athlete” with “you should not be alive”, and you have my take on it. 

But you also know 10,000% that if it was Jack, a portion of our fanbase would need a much higher degree of proof than will be required for McLeod. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I know this goes without saying but I don't even care if it's Jack Hughes level of talent. If you participate in a gang rape of a girl you shouldn't be a professional athlete. 

So true!  If he was involved I don’t feel sorry for him, just the person that was assaulted

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Well yeah. And it's worth pointing out that there is no real "proof" McLeod did anything at all, we're just using deductive reasoning. But some guys are putting out statements as recently as 2 hours ago maintaining innocence, so it might just be taking McLeod and his team longer to respond than we'd like. 

Both your statement and mine assumed the person was involved. We don’t know yet if McLeod was. But his lack of statement while other statements are being made around him don’t exactly make him look innocent. I’m not prepared to crucify him based on that. 

Out of all the articles i found about this, this one appears to cover the most and give the most details.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-hockey-canada-sexual-assault-lawsuit-police/

I'll be curious to see what happens with this. And i'll reserve any judgement until everything has been played out in court. There's quite a bit of conflicting statements in that whole thing.

The one thing is that... its potentially easy to know who the player she's texting may be cause she said "i was okay with going home with you". So if she really meant like "going home" like.. physically home and didn't mean like "sex" by "going home" (kids these days, who knows). Well the gala was in london and only 2 guys from team Canada played for the London Knight that year, and one of the two came out today saying he wasn't involved so.... only one remaining. But also i believe players that werent necessarely on team canada might have been involved too, so then who fvcking knows.

Edit: Actually re-reading, everything has been poorly framed so far from the lack of details. All we know is that 8 CHL players were involved... and that some of them were on team canada. So it might have been all London Knights players and McLeod and the other guys from team Canada like Makar, Howden, etc etc weren't even involved at all. So then my entire previous paragraph is irrelevant.

So if the expectation is that every WJ player have to come out to say something... then should we expect the same from London Knights roster? 

Anyway, let's just hope that due process will lead to justice to whoever needs it in this case.

Edited by SterioDesign

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

Well yeah. And it's worth pointing out that there is no real "proof" McLeod did anything at all, we're just using deductive reasoning. But some guys are putting out statements as recently as 2 hours ago maintaining innocence, so it might just be taking McLeod and his team longer to respond than we'd like. 

9 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Both your statement and mine assumed the person was involved. We don’t know yet if McLeod was. But his lack of statement while other statements are being made around him don’t exactly make him look innocent. I’m not prepared to crucify him based on that. 

I'd be very surprised if the Devils haven't spoken to McLeod about this. There is the possibility they (or his agent) have advised him to not say anything at the moment.

17 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I'd be very surprised if the Devils haven't spoken to McLeod about this. There is the possibility they (or his agent) have advised him to not say anything at the moment.

There is, and with all of the other guys giving statements, the fact that he is not raises suspicion of his involvement. 

3 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Honestly someone probably has to go anyway. One of Boqvist or McLeod were probably on their way out either way with the trade for Haula. 

And between the two, only one has looked like they’re on their way up as opposed to “this is the best he’ll be”. 

I’m no Boqvist fan, but even before learning of this scandal, I would likely have picked him over McLeod. The only thing McLeod brings at this point is faceoffs and Super Buddies, and the Super Buddy magic seems to have worn off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

And between the two, only one has looked like they’re on their way up as opposed to “this is the best he’ll be”. 

I’m no Boqvist fan, but even before learning of this scandal, I would likely have picked him over McLeod. The only thing McLeod brings at this point is faceoffs and Super Buddies, and the Super Buddy magic seems to have worn off. 

Don't know enough yet about what happened to truly have any idea how involved McLeod was, but from a pure hockey standpoint, yeah, kinda feels like he's maxed out.  Winning faceoffs is a nice skill to have, but at this point he's not really bringing all that much else to the table.  Boqvist appears to have the potential to bring a little more offense...at this point, yeah, I'll take my chances with him over McLeod. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Calgary radio talks about why Tkachuk definitely shouldn't go to New Jersey and I'm gonna be honest with you, it's nearly impossible to argue with their logic. Man. We're out of the running.

https://www.iheartradio.ca/cjay92/audio-video/matt-tkachuk-doesn-t-want-to-play-in-these-city-s-1.18256925?mode=Article

I left New Jersey in fear of my pecker being collected as well. 

Unfortunately now I’m a “Florida Man”. 

Edited by Jerzey