2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

I guess I'm in the opposite court with Bratt - I've always been low on him with his typical disappearing act for 2/3 of the season.  He had a phenomenal season last year, but with scoring up across the league..

Let's just say, if he would be the major piece going to Calgary for MT, sign me up.  IMO that'd be selling high on Bratt and I think it'd be a great deal.

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

They may have to if they want Tkachuk. I don’t wanna trade Bratt, but for Matthew Tkachuk? I’d have to do it. 

I'd have to imagine Bratt would be signed by now if the contract ask was reasonable.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

Yeah, i was down on Bratt about 2 seasons ago but man the sky is the limit with him

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I IMO that'd be selling high on Bratt and I think it'd be a great deal.

I think I agree with the latter, I’m not sure Bratt is going to be a 72 point guy every year, I think it’s more likely he won’t be and that trading him now would be trading him at a high point. 

• Like 1

I’m not trading Bratt because we have enough pieces without including him to produce a package Calgary would accept. If they absolutely insisted, then I’d explore that avenue. But I think Bratt is here to stay as a 70-point player in this league. You keep him if you can.

• Like 2

Just now, devlman said:

I’m not trading Bratt because we have enough pieces without including him to produce a package Calgary would accept. If they absolutely insisted, then I’d explore that avenue. But I think Bratt is here to stay as a 70-point player in this league. You keep him if you can.

Oh I definitely agree, if they’ll do it without Bratt, do it without him. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

All the people who thought NJ could Trade Severson + trash and a first going to be real upset to learn CGY expects to get a fair deal.

Wait, they won’t take Johnsson, Tatar, McLeod and his allegations, and a 3rd rounder in 2028?? 

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

All the people who thought NJ could Trade Severson + trash and a first going to be real upset to learn CGY expects to get a fair deal.

Calgary will send one top forward for another top forward plus more stuff. Of course that's their "ask". That's not what they're going to get though.

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

And I expected to keep my hair past 28.

Unfortunately we don't always get what we want.

57 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I guess I'm in the opposite court with Bratt - I've always been low on him with his typical disappearing act for 2/3 of the season.  He had a phenomenal season last year, but with scoring up across the league..

Let's just say, if he would be the major piece going to Calgary for MT, sign me up.  IMO that'd be selling high on Bratt and I think it'd be a great deal.

I'd have to imagine Bratt would be signed by now if the contract ask was reasonable.

You can say the same about MT, though. Last season was a bit out an outlier when you look at his first 5 years. 

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

So basically it will take Bratt, Holtz, and a 1st. I would do that (with an extension ofc). 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

I wonder if Gritsyuk would count as a premium prospect considering he won khl rookie of the year.

I’d be much more comfortable doing something like 1st, Bratt, Gritsyuk, Balh, Johnsson.

A 5th round pick - who won’t be over here for a least another year? I seriously doubt it. They will want Holtz, Luke, or Nemec. And Holtz is the only one of the 3 I’d be comfortable moving. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

That was exactly one person I believe. 

I am responding broadly, not to anyone specific or even to just to what I have read here on the forum. I'm also over on the Reddit and reading all the trades people through together on CapFriendly. I know at least a few of us are reading/active over on the subreddit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

So basically it will take Bratt, Holtz, and a 1st. I would do that (with an extension ofc). 

Just like with MT, you gotta wonder if Bratt will sign if he knows he is getting dealt or even if the team needs to be upfront with him about it. It would be underhanded but I am not sure what official obligation there is from the team to be upfront with Bratt before he signs. Bratt has said he wants to be here(for whatever that is worth).

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

A 5th round pick - who won’t be over here for a least another year? I seriously doubt it. They will want Holtz, Luke, or Nemec. And Holtz is the only one of the 3 I’d be comfortable moving. 

Tyce Thompson is a top 5 prospect in our pool. One could argue he’s a premium prospect given his development. Maybe they can be convinced to take him plus Sharangovich + 1st.

2 hours ago, devlman said:

Tyce Thompson is a top 5 prospect in our pool. One could argue he’s a premium prospect given his development. Maybe they can be convinced to take him plus Sharangovich + 1st.

Is he? It’s kind of hard to rank them after the big 3 (Luke, Nemec, Holtz), but I’d probably have at least Zetterlund and Gritsyuk ahead of Thompson right now.

Edited by Nicomo

7 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Honestly Tkachuk I’d good but I’m not comfortable giving up Bratt+Holtz+1st.

We don’t know if he’d hit 100 points again but there’s a very good chance Bratt, Holtz, and the 1st would combine for well over 100 points. We lose a lot of depth trading those 3.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jerzey said:

Honestly Tkachuk I’d good but I’m not comfortable giving up Bratt+Holtz+1st.

We don’t know if he’d hit 100 points again but there’s a very good chance Bratt, Holtz, and the 1st would combine for well over 100 points. We lose a lot of depth trading those 3.

That’s fair. Tkachuk does bring a lot more than just scoring (he’s one of the top pests in the league right now), but I get it - that’s a lot to give up. Normally I’d say too much, but he really is just exactly what we need. 

• Like 3

I don’t know if the amount given up will be as big as people are suggesting. Calgary is in a position where they have to move him, which takes a lot of power out of their hands. Plus they have to move him to a team that he will sign with if they want a bunch of picks and prospects. No one is going to sell the farm for a rental. Calgary might be getting a lot less than they actually want

• Like 1

At this point, I just wanna know if Tkachuk has any interest at all in coming here and signing long-term.  If not…hopefully Bratt gets re-signed without too much fuss, and we’ll see if a player like Tarasenko becomes a possibility.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

At this point, I just wanna know if Tkachuk has any interest at all in coming here and signing long-term.  If not…hopefully Bratt gets re-signed without too much fuss, and we’ll see if a player like Tarasenko becomes a possibility.  

We’re about 10 days away from the Bratt situation hitting uh-oh mode. His arbitration is the 3rd I believe

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

the whole “combine for” argument is so overused and silly. there’s also a good point mcleod, bastian, wood, johnsson, and tatar combine for more points than hughes next year. are they commensurately valuable to the team? 

not sure what depth we’d be losing aside from a future first round pick, which you give up every day of the week to get a guy like tkachuk. Tkachuk and bratt switch; holtz seems more and more like a guy we prospect hug until they’re out of the league. Holtz isn’t a “depth” player even if he does pan out. 

Palat-Hughes-Mercer

Bratt-Hischier-Holtz

Vs

Palat-Hughes-Tkachuk 

Sharngovich-Hischier-Mercer

Still not really sold to be honest. Hischier’s production with Bratt drops.

Edited by Jerzey