2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

37 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Laine could snag another big payday down the line too...he'll be young enough.  His next contact would start with his Age 28 season.  

That was my exact take on it, well structured for him. 

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

if anything i think its making everything more complicated. If he sees that Bratt is a potential trading chip and that he doesnt want to go to calgary... then he may want to force NTC right away and prevent getting traded or slow the process so that maybe Tkachuk goes somewhere else etc etc

Cause right now... Bratt isn't fully a bargaining chip cause we don't know his value at the moment. Based on no contract and unknown clauses in his future contract. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Correct, the value with Bratt is the same as it is with Tkachuk, it depends on a signed extension being in place. Without Bratt extending, there’s no way they take him as a main piece in a trade for an extended Tkachuk. 

Does Bratt really have that much control though?  Isn't he still at least 2 years away from UFA?   I guess at worst he could say "no fvcking way I'm signing for more than 2 years in Calgary and then I'm leaving" but I think he would be foolish not to sign at least a 5 year deal right now coming off his nearly PPG season regardless of if he's traded or not. 

8 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Does Bratt really have that much control though?  Isn't he still at least 2 years away from UFA?   I guess at worst he could say "no fvcking way I'm signing for more than 2 years in Calgary and then I'm leaving" but I think he would be foolish not to sign at least a 5 year deal right now coming off his nearly PPG season regardless of if he's traded or not. 

He is UFA after 2023-24. If he did sign for 2 years, his trade value is clearly less than if he were fully extended. 

I agree with you though, he should be looking to cash in on that recent success in case he isn't as productive these next 2 years. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Do we still need depth on defense?

That article misses the mark on some stuff; they talk about how Ruff is on a short leash, but don’t say anything about the Brunette hiring. That was a major oversight.

Edited by MadDog2020

18 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

It was a terrible analysis.

a core of skilled young forwards in Jesper Bratt, Jack Hughes, Yegor Sharangovich, Jesper Boqvist and Dawson Mercer…”

What about Nico?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

hopefully that's not a move that will help them to land Tkachuk SOMEHOW.

AGAIN. 

No that's a move so they can afford the Laine contract they just signed. 

Just now, Puckbuster said:

It was a terrible analysis.

a core of skilled young forwards in Jesper Bratt, Jack Hughes, Yegor Sharangovich, Jesper Boqvist and Dawson Mercer…”

What about Nico?

Especially if you are including Boqvist in there, I am still not convinced about him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Especially if you are including Boqvist in there, I am still not convinced about him. 

Yeah, I think at best he’ll be a 3rd line center and I don’t consider that core.  The writer also has MB as the Devils number 2.  He has been considered number 1 the past two seasons and this year he’ll have to battle for number 1, but that doesn’t necessarily make him the backup.  It remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

Yeah, I think at best he’ll be a 3rd line center and I don’t consider that core.  The writer also has MB as the Devils number 2.  He has been considered number 1 the past two seasons and this year he’ll have to battle for number 1, but that doesn’t necessarily make him the backup.  It remains to be seen.

I think that they'll play whichever goalie is performing. Vitek is certainly on par with him at this point. MB is going to have to come in healthy and come to play to earn his time. 

Classic Shero type of deal…only if he had made it, a second-rounder would’ve been involved.

28 minutes ago, MB3 said:

since there are 6 off-season threads and I'm not sure if this has been talked about....

2003 canada also had a bunch of pieces of human fvcking filth on their roster. Rick Westhead and TSN revealed details on the 2003 Team Canada sexual assault, that was apparently recorded: "The video shows roughly a half-dozen players taking turns having sex with a woman who was non-responsive and lying face up on the pool table" (tsn.ca)

jesus fvcking christ dude

If that’s true, what the fvck is there to investigate??

33 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Is this 2003 team the same incident that was discussed earlier with the list with McLeod on it?

Obviously not, I didn’t read the date. But still, sounds like that should be an easy one. 

On the 2003 team was former Devils Jordan Tootoo and PA Parenteau. That’s just from looking at the roster, not saying they were or were not involved. 

Edited by mfitz804