2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

2 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

But he bring muh sandpaper. 

At this point, I just want to see if he ever gets an NHL point, and if the first one is due to an accidental deflection off his body or something he actually does on purpose. 

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

At this point, I just want to see if he ever gets an NHL point, and if the first one is due to an accidental deflection off his body or something he actually does on purpose. 

Worked for Skrlac.

57 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

what comes first a point or they actually make a bucket big enough to fit that dome?

49 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Worked for Skrlac.

I don't know. If we could find a Cam Janssen/big guy/enforcer/pest type who can actually skate. I'd take a shot on him.

Geertson, a converted defensemen from another team we grabbed off waivers is still a weird one. He aint it. 

3 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I don't know. If we could find a Cam Janssen/big guy/enforcer/pest type who can actually skate. I'd take a shot on him.

Geertson, a converted defensemen from another team we grabbed off waivers is still a weird one. He aint it. 

I only referred to Skrlac because in 8 games as an NHLer, the one goal he managed went off his shin I believe (pretty sure it was his lower leg)...that was his lone NHL goal and point, and considering the ice time he received (less than a single minute in 3 of those 8 games, and never as much as five minutes in any single game), it was miraculous he even managed that.

Yeah I'm over borderline cartoon characters suiting up for the Devils.  Gabriel...Geertsen...it's enough.  

15 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

For like 20 years straight the Devils and the Red Wings were the 2 teams who remained near the top and consistent through all this. Winning multiple cups. 

They went down around the same time (Red Wings handled things better so the drop wasn't as sharp and the hole wasn't as deep) but they are now rising at the same time and i suspect we'll be butting heads for years to come.

Yzerman is doing a phenomenal job in Detroit.

I suspect we will be competing with Ottawa too.

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

You forgot Bobby Farnham

At least the Devils have stopped shopping at the Penguin Dollar Store (though given what was on the team at the time, I kinda understood some of that).  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

i still arguing

Now THAT seems like a stretch 😉

18 hours ago, Crisis said:

It's funny, on one hand I never liked the "Standard" Devils Adidas jerseys, but that's because I didn't like the re-design.  I thought the Heritage and RRs were just fine.  Always thought the shoulder divots were a little odd, but can't say they bothered me.

Curious to see who comes in.  And if that means several teams will be going for a new design.  I'm hoping for a return to the old red and blacks myself...and this time, just stay there.  They're simple but they're clean and they work.  

EDIT:  And to the corporate "think team", if there is a re-design, at the very least, stop trying to shoehorn references to the Scouts, Rockies, or oldern NJ teams that no one is old enough to remember and/or doesn't give the slightest of fvcks about.  You're not clever or hip when you do that, you're ANNOYING as all fvck.  If you don't want to go back to the old red-and-blacks, at least just design something that looks cool.  That's all I ask.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3