2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The NJ.com sub is totally going to be worth it once the season starts.

Did you ever get that Hockey News issue with our NJ boys on the front?

I might have to sign up for an account just so I can read the articles you guys keep posting links to. 

It is nice to see hockey driven news than "statistically he leans farther left in the offensive zone face off circle than the defensive face off circle and leads the league in doing so"😛

Eyeball check: " he sucks at face offs no matter which way he leans"😎

Sorry I'm an old curmudgeon i don't need these new fangled stats to tell me who had a good game versus bad game that my eyes tell me. I'm also not negotiating contracts where i can bump up the price by citing these arcane bits of information.😃

Edited by Rock
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The NJ.com sub is totally going to be worth it once the season starts.

Did you ever get that Hockey News issue with our NJ boys on the front?

You are not gonna believe this. The USPS screwed up and said I moved and left no forwarding address after my temporary forwarding ended and sent all my mail back to everyone. Credit cards, insurance renewals, ezpass tags, car registration renewal and my new hockey subscription.

Took weeks to fix. Hockey news made me cancel and subscribe all over again to get that gift issue. It arrived today. Looking forward to reading it.

Seems like a good hire. Vegas has certainly been successful, and he was a WHL & OHL coach of the year - and won a Memorial Cup, so he’s obviously good working with younger players. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Seems like a good hire. Vegas has certainly been successful, and he was a WHL coach of the year - and won a Memorial Cup, so he’s obviously good working with younger players. 

At any rate, even if it doesn't work, you can certainly understand the hire.  Keeping nASS for as long as they did, and Recchi despite everything that pointed to him being useless...those were just impossible to defend.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

At any rate, even if it doesn't work, you can certainly understand the hire.  Keeping nASS for as long as they did, and Recchi despite everything that pointed to him being useless...those were just impossible to defend.  

Also great seeing non-ex Pittsburgh hires

• Like 6

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I like it 

Same - solid backgrounds, and like DD56 said, no Penguin connections.  Not that nibbling connections from a successful franchise is the worst thing in the world by default, but it was 100% time to go in a different direction.  I'm overall happy with Fitz's offseason so far...and maybe there's still another move to be made.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Same - solid backgrounds, and like DD56 said, no Penguin connections.  Not that nibbling connections from a successful franchise is the worst thing in the world by default, but it was 100% time to go in a different direction.  I'm overall happy with Fitz's offseason so far...and maybe there's still another move to be made.  

I believe there is; Damon Severson will not be a Devil in October.

Edited by MadDog2020