2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That’s not an answer you mouth breather.

Why are you requesting answers when you've been continuously ignoring counterarguments to your claims? 

You still havent acknowledged presenting stats completely taken out of context. 

You're the one who claimed "he never went above 35pts in 4 seasons" while ignoring that he missed like 20-30 games in those seasons and was on pace for 53 in 2 of them. And that those seasons are what he really is and not his best season.

Then claimed he's not an 8m player. 

I dont know if he is, that's why im not making that statement at all, but you made statements, so back them up. what production do you think he'll get this year? 

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Based on Bratt’s production, giving him 8+ years as a cost-controlled RFA two years before he becomes a UFA is unprecedented. 

We did it with Jack Hughes four years before he became a UFA. He has a career 0.65 PPG through three years. 

Bratt has 0.66 PPG to date. 

So maybe that’s a precedent?

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

hahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahaha. 

this full heel turn into a “I think I am smarter than everyone” poster is laugh out loud funny. I’m a “casual fan” because I don’t want to pay Jesper Bratt $8. You keep smelling your own sh!t and promising that it doesn’t stink, babe. 

good answer for the specific facts that you requested by yourself. Man, cmon, just stop.

Edited by Guadana

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

that’s my point. Jesper Bratt isn’t Jack Hughes. If they pay Jesper Bratt like Jack Hughes, that’s a bad fvcking way to run a franchise. 

You said there was no precedent, there was one on our team from last year. 

You could argue Jack’s deal wasn’t based on his production and rather his future, but meanwhile Jesper has been more productive and is trending up. 

I’m definitely not saying he should get the same as Jack, but should he get the same as Nico? You might have an argument in favor of that. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

You said there was no precedent, there was one on our team from last year. 

You could argue Jack’s deal wasn’t based on his production and rather his future, but meanwhile Jesper has been more productive and is trending up. 

I’m definitely not saying he should get the same as Jack, but should he get the same as Nico? You might have an argument in favor of that. 

Jack signed that 8m contract being a 0.44 ppg guy. So it was all based on projections.

And it appears it's going to be a deal. So it's not really fair to say "this player isn't work this money because he's not as good as this other 8m player" when that player is jack hughes and signed a long-term contract as a 0.44 guy and took a gamble, and should be worth a lot more.

Context matters a LOT in these convos.

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Jack signed that 8m contract being a 0.44 ppg guy. So it was all based on projections.

And it appears it's going to be a deal. So it's not really fair to say "this player isn't work this money because he's not as good as this other 8m player" when that player is jack hughes and signed a long-term contract as a 0.44 guy and took a gamble, and should be worth a lot more.

Context matters a LOT in these convos.

Right, which is why his deal os a precedent where it was said there was none. 

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I don’t mind him getting $7. I don’t think the Devils mind him getting $7. If he wanted $7 I’m sure he’d already be signed. 

Nico makes $7.22m. You think Bratt is worth $7.22 million but $8m is an outrage? $780,000 a year is the breaking point?

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Right, which is why his deal os a precedent where it was said there was none. 

Ah well i'm sure there's more out there. I'm also sure there's many players that are getting paid in the 7.5/8m now that didn't have a .096 points per game at 23 years old. 

There's no point putting the effort to dig all of those up though cause so far MB3 is literally going silent and ignoring anything that goes against the points he's making. He still didn't acknowledged misrepresenting Bratt's previous seasons ignoring he missed 20-30 games in them and that he was on pace for like 53 pts twice. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

In the end does only matter how many years he is asking. He isn't Kaprisov and didn't have long track record like Laine did. So his actual price is 7/7.5/8 mil important how long his deal will be. All actual deals are about 7.75-8.250 for 7-8 years(even if players didn't produce 200 points in the league), Bratt have good ppg to asking for that, but if he wants to taste the market after 4years, he can't ask that much, his 3-4 years potential deal will be closer to Boeser. 

I think the problem is with his agent. He is problem dude, who wants more. It really can hurt Bratt, because if his producing will not improve(and its hard to achive), he will lost some money on the short term, and than have risk to have less money because of some drop of producing or injuries. 

May be he thinks salaries will go up after some years and players with 65 points will got 8+ easily. But again - its a gamble. Thomas, Tkachuk, Norris and other guys I mentioned didn't gamble, they prefer long term because you never know how things will changed. Hope Bratt will be reasonable. For me I still have hope he will sign 7-8 years deal or they will make agreement, he will sign one year deal and if things will go well, they sign long term after Jan 1st. He is under Devils control next two years anyway and maybe we are creating worries where we should not. But we have a reason. 

7x7 is my sweet spot personally and i believe it's fair for everyone.

I believe Bratt from now on as a floor of 50 points and a ceiling of 90.

Smaller guy who missed a LOT of hockey already though.

So giving him terms when he showed he missed a lot of time and considering that he showed he can produce but not quite sure if that's more the norm or a very good year...

I feel 7x7 is more than fair for everyone and both side does take a risk. 

23 minutes ago, Guadana said:

In the end does only matter how many years he is asking. He isn't Kaprisov and didn't have long track record like Laine did. So his actual price is 7/7.5/8 mil important how long his deal will be. All actual deals are about 7.75-8.250 for 7-8 years(even if players didn't produce 200 points in the league), Bratt have good ppg to asking for that, but if he wants to taste the market after 4years, he can't ask that much, his 3-4 years potential deal will be closer to Boeser. 

I think the problem is with his agent. He is problem dude, who wants more. It really can hurt Bratt, because if his producing will not improve(and its hard to achive), he will lost some money on the short term, and than have risk to have less money because of some drop of producing or injuries. 

May be he thinks salaries will go up after some years and players with 65 points will got 8+ easily. But again - its a gamble. Thomas, Tkachuk, Norris and other guys I mentioned didn't gamble, they prefer long term because you never know how things will changed. Hope Bratt will be reasonable. For me I still have hope he will sign 7-8 years deal or they will make agreement, he will sign one year deal and if things will go well, they sign long term after Jan 1st. He is under Devils control next two years anyway and maybe we are creating worries where we should not. But we have a reason. 

It's just an impression but i feel like some agents are handling their clients like they are selling a car. They just want to make the sale and they play all those tricks to get the client in the right mindset and only focus on the now. But they purposely don't mention potential risk and long-term problems.

Like there's no way Clarkson's agent truly believed he was going to live up to that contract. There's simply no way.

I know players usually have huge egos and that's why they are that good because they truly believe they are that good but many times even when they aren't they still can't see it so i can imagine how many NHLers can struggle to really see their true value. Especially when you have an agent who should be there to temper your expectations is not but rather try to cash in on your back.

I think it's no wonder we see so many agents getting fired

Edited by SterioDesign

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

It's just an impression but i feel like some agents are handling their clients like they are selling a car. They just want to make the sale and they play all those tricks to get the client in the right mindset and only focus on the now. But they purposely don't mention potential risk and long-term problems.

this worked out well for bratts bff.. lol. i miss shero for that one comment. 

18 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Like there's no way Clarkson's agent truly believed he was going to live up to that contract. There's simply no way.

I know players usually have huge egos and that's why they are that good because they truly believe they are that good but many times even when they aren't they still can't see it so i can imagine how many NHLers can struggle to really see their true value. Especially when you have an agent who should be there to temper your expectations is not but rather try to cash in on your back.

I think it's no wonder we see so many agents getting fired

Klinberg just eat some sh1t because of his agent. He could have 5-6 years deal. Taylor fockincvnt Hall reject 10*5 offer from Shero because "he wants to win" and than signed 1 year 8 mil deal to play with Eichel and trying to bust his stats. Bratt is a talented guy, but if he will gamble on himself, he can lost the best moment to cash on the maximum rate, especially for a player which brand isn't about health. His best moment is now.

May be if he will gain 80 points next year, but how much he will add? He will lost 1.5-2 mil on one year deal and will add... may be 0.5 mil per year. And if he will lost 10 games? It could happened easily for him and it will be hard task to produce 80 p. If 20 games? Its a very dangerous gamble. 

Edited by Guadana

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

So in your opinion David Clarkson’s agent should have “mentioned the potential risk and long-term problems” as a sign of altruism towards the billionaire owners that he was going to play for?

No for his clients best interest.

How many players are actually miserable from a "career perspective" being in a really tough spot because they are a terrible contract/value and the pressure/complications that comes with it.

22 minutes ago, MB3 said:

this is definitely a take…… lol

Well you can find this funny if you want.

Another example would be a real estate agent just focused on making sales and closing deals not really caring about what's best for his client. Sugarcoating a situation to a buyer, not mentioning things that could change his mind, like future renovations or things that'd need to be changed in a few years. Fully knowing that the client is biting more than he can chew with his budget and that the interest rates going up in a few years would fvck him over real bad and knowing that his job is uncertain and that there's real chances that he can't afford his payments in a few years already. 

But the real agent don't care, that's not his problem. He got the sale and his share and moved on to the next.

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Why? There's no hostility or anything,

We're talking about how agents are operating.

This is getting ridiculous

Seriously, other than MB3 calling SD a mouth breather once, the entire conversation has been about the Bratt situation. 

I totally understand why some people don’t want to watch guys going back and forth and name calling, but this is a hockey conversation. If we can’t discuss opposing viewpoints on hockey, the site has no purpose. 

• Like 1

Yeah this goes back to what i was saying the other when people just adopt a certain point view of someone or a situation. Then that's all they see. Like fans only seeing Severson's mistakes. He could make 90 good plays in a game. Makes 1 bad one and people lose their sh!t like that's all he does.

Now MB3 and I can each post 100 posts strictly hockey related and fully civil and if we dare have a back and forth of opinion or one heated exchange (like we ALL do here let's be honest), some lose their sh!t over it. 

Thank god there's some like mfitz804 who can still see clearly 

2 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Well someone’s complaining to the owner. And I find that sad since there’s a few of us on here.  Who’s the rat? Eh doesn’t matter 

Well there's a few specific guys on here who's been claiming that the site is better when MB3 and I are not on here. And complaining whenever we have an exchange. 

So it would be a pretty fair bet that it's them and that anytime they are seeing us engage that they are jumping on the occasion to get what they want by flooding DM's messages like "SEE THEY ARE DOING IT AGAIN! 😭 PLEASE BAN THEM FOR GOOD, MY FEELINGS!!! 😩"

It's a sad reality in society these days. Businesses are forced to fire employees and cancel events. Not because it's the right thing to do or that it's fair. But it's often easier to do that than to deal with the constant non-sense wave of backlash they have to personally take in because of it. I suspect that's precisely DM's dilema at the moment. And posters going to whine and message him privately is actually more of a nuisance to him than what they are whining about 

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well there's a few specific guys on here who's been claiming that the site is better when MB3 and I are not on here. And complaining whenever we have an exchange. 

So it would be a pretty fair bet that it's them and that anytime they are seeing us engage that they are jumping on the occasion to get what they want by flooding DM's messages like "SEE THEY ARE DOING IT AGAIN! 😭 PLEASE BAN THEM FOR GOOD, MY FEELINGS!!! 😩"

It's a sad reality in society these days. Businesses are forced to fire employees and cancel events. Not because it's the right thing to do or that it's fair. But it's often easier to do that than to deal with the constant non-sense wave of backlash they have to personally take in because of it. I suspect that's precisely DM's dilema at the moment. And posters going to whine and message him privately is actually more of a nuisance to him than what they are whining about 

If you and mb3 left it would leave us mfitz and mr Russian. You’re a good soul sterio. 

• Like 1