2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

1. SD calls MB3 a bitch

2. MB3 says SD breathes with his mouth 

3. ????????

4. There is fun debate about the team. MB3 is called a casual fan for the first time in his life. Pumpkin says something incoherent, refuses to elaborate. 

njdevs is the best lol

While you're at it. And going back to hockey.

Can you once and for all address that your claim that "Jesper Bratt has (1) season with 70+ points. He has FOUR OTHER SEASONS WITH FEWER THAN THIRTY FIVE." Was a missing context considering that he missed 20 to 30+ games in the 3 seasons he had less than 35 points and was actually on pace for 50+ points in 2 of those. So that it was unfair to frame it that way.

You've been refusing to elaborate on that. I'm asking very nicely here. 

Even just a simple "yeah my bad i didn't take this in consideration" or "this is true but (insert wtv counterargument you may have) would go a long way vs ignoring it completely

Edited by SterioDesign

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

1. SD calls MB3 a bitch

3. ????????

4. There is fun debate about the team. MB3 is called a casual fan for the first time in his life. Pumpkin says something incoherent, refuses to elaborate. 

njdevs is the best lol

Is it hurt your feelings when some one call you casual fan? Don't take it to much personally, you are just not deep in the process, its not a first time when some obvious things are going up. In question of team building you were always on the "big name" players side, not on the "right" players side. You are very emotional and its a part of your brand as I understand. Of course if I know something and as I understand I'm the guy here who chat with draft writers, watching many leagues, listen lectures and podcasts, read about tactics, rewatching games for understanding different specifics. Of course I'm tellin about what I did found, understand ot make conclusions about. Hockey is a thing I'm trying to dive in. I like it. And I like to share. Even with you, no matter how rude you can be. You like hockey very much, with your own different way. It's okay. But please don't stop to tell you how things going when you are telling something you are dramatically wrong about =-D

Yeah, its look like I can tell someone about how better I'm(yeah, I like myself, where is my monuments? I believe I deserved one. Just need to wait). At least I'm not calling anyone clown or something like that.

Everybody should just return in hockey conversation perspective 

Edited by Guadana

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

While you're at it. And going back to hockey.

Can you once and for all address that your claim that "Jesper Bratt has (1) season with 70+ points. He has FOUR OTHER SEASONS WITH FEWER THAN THIRTY FIVE." Was a missing context considering that he missed 20 to 30+ games in the 3 seasons he had less than 35 points and was actually on pace for 50+ points in 2 of those. So that it was unfair to frame it that way.

You've been refusing to elaborate on that. I'm asking very nicely here. 

Even just a simple "yeah my bad i didn't take this in consideration" or "this is true but (insert wtv counterargument you may have) would go a long way vs ignoring it completely

Yeah. Some Context. Named covid and two shorter seasons. How it could affect numbers of 21-22 yo player?

Edited by Guadana

7 hours ago, MB3 said:

1. SD calls MB3 a bitch

3. ????????

njdevs is the best lol

Where did he call you a bitch? I think I missed that post. 

29 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

$4.1 is insulting.

Yeah suffice it to say that this has officially become contentious.  I'd do 5-6 years @ $6.5 million for Bratt without much question...it is a risk, but not one that will be a killer.  

10 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

This just makes me think Bratt doesn't want to sign a long-term deal. 

No question. I have to think the $6.5m he is looking for is for two years, not long term. 

I suspect Fitz would give him at least 5x6.5m if Bratt was amenable. But it sounds like he wants to be a UFA in 2 years. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yikes. That’s pretty ridiculous on Fitz’s part. I’d give Bratt $6.5 in a heartbeat. 

It’s not ridiculous because Fitz doesn’t want a 2 year deal. He knows Bratt wouldn’t accept nor would the arbitrator award $4.1m. As you said in your other post, Bratt likely wants the short term and Fitz doesn’t want that. 

If he offered $4.1m x 8, that would be an insulting offer. But I’m guessing those were NOT the numbers on the table before arbitration. 

Same with Bratt’s team, they weren’t asking $6.5m before the arb. That’s a “team friendly” number they are willing to accept for two years. Even if he was looking for a 2 year deal pre-arb, it was probably at a higher AAV. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Certainly how it feels. 

I get the feeling that for whatever the reasons, Fitz wasn't convinced that Bratt's performance last season is what he'll be going forward; based on the Devils' arbitration submittal, I assume whatever Fitz's offer was to Bratt's camp, it was under $6 million AAV...probably mid-to-high fives.  So Fitz is looking for a settlement based upon about what he was offering...he knows Bratt is worth more than $4.15 million, but doesn't want to pay him more than $6 million. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I get the feeling that for whatever the reasons, Fitz wasn't convinced that Bratt's performance last season is what he'll be going forward; based on the Devils' arbitration submittal, I assume whatever Fitz's offer was to Bratt's camp, it was under $6 million AAV...probably mid-to-high fives.  So Fitz is looking for a settlement based upon about what he was offering...he knows Bratt is worth more than $4.15 million, but doesn't want to pay him more than $6 million. 

I suspect he would pay in the $6 millions if Bratt were willing to lock in for a longer term. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

fitz said he sees jb as an integral part of the team and that he made him an offer that reflects it. he had to have offered long term around 6 you'd think. right? starting to feel like bratt just wants to leave which is weird to think about. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s not ridiculous because Fitz doesn’t want a 2 year deal. He knows Bratt wouldn’t accept nor would the arbitrator award $4.1m. As you said in your other post, Bratt likely wants the short term and Fitz doesn’t want that. 

If he offered $4.1m x 8, that would be an insulting offer. But I’m guessing those were NOT the numbers on the table before arbitration. 

Same with Bratt’s team, they weren’t asking $6.5m before the arb. That’s a “team friendly” number they are willing to accept for two years. Even if he was looking for a 2 year deal pre-arb, it was probably at a higher AAV. 

It’s still ridiculously low. I know you’re supposed to lowball in arbitration, but that’s WAY low.