2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Zetterlund wants a 1-way contract too, I’d imagine (he sorta looked like he deserves one).

I’m expecting a Bernier LTIR soon. We’re not going to carry 3 goalies and none of our guys have options (+they’re obviously not going to waive Blackwood.) So it’ll either be Bernier LTIR or Bernier buyout. 

I would expect LTIR, even if we were going to carry 3 goalies, we certainly aren’t going to carry one that isn’t able to play. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

another Weekes L. 

This has nothing to do with Guadana but hooooly cow can we stop calling this dude an insider? He whiffed on everything this off-season. Whiffed terribly on the MAF signing, deleted it. Whiffed here, deleted it. Last offseason he said the Devils and Sharks were about to break “something huge”, nada. Said the Devils and Flyers were finalists for Shattenkirk; off to New York. Said the Islanders were about to sign Panarin, nope — Rangers. 

He throws sh!t at the wall and when it doesn’t stick he deletes it. He did this whole awkward phony “breaking news from my shower ha ha!!” schtick this off-season despite actually being first for *zero* scoops. 

Guy isn’t an insider. He’s a television personality with an attention complex.

Yeah I have to agree. He really doesn’t seem to have a clue. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah I have to agree. He really doesn’t seem to have a clue. 

Yeah he’s clearly not dialed in.  Next time I’ll most definitely wait for an official announcement.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah he’s clearly not dialed in.  Next time I’ll most definitely wait for an official announcement.

That’s my default position now. None of these guys know everything, I would rather just wait. 

Devils with about $73k left in cap space, according to Capfriendly.  Obviously something will happen with Bernier, and as we’ve been over, hard to imagine both Tatar and Johnsson on the opening night roster.  I know there will be lots of space next year, but weird to see the Devils suddenly up against the cap, even if it’s likely temporary.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Devils with about $73k left in cap space, according to Capfriendly.  Obviously something will happen with Bernier, and as we’ve been over, hard to imagine both Tatar and Johnsson on the opening night roster.  I know there will be lots of space next year, but weird to see the Devils suddenly up against the cap, even if it’s likely temporary.

I like it. Spent some money, hopefully it works. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

i think tatar and andersson will both be on the roster opening night. it seems like we would have to pay to get rid of them now.

you gotta factor in that it's a contract year for them. so maybe they'll be good this season.😆

• Like 1

Just now, pumpkin cutter said:

i think tatar and andersson will both be on the roster opening night. it seems like we would have to pay to get rid of them now.

you gotta factor in that it's a contract year for them. so maybe they'll be good this season.😆

Excellent callback lol. 

43 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They have a second buyout period coming up. From what I’ve read, player must be making over 4 million and on the roster as of the trade deadline last year. So it could be used on Tatar or Bernier. Johnsson only makes 3.4. Tatar makes most sense since Bernier can be LTIRd

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Daaaamn 10.5 a year, nice contract! Guess they decided to use that Gaudreau money on him. 

• Like 2

The cheap owners (franchise) narrative has a long ass track record but yeah for the first time in 7 years (that's as far back as Capfriendly goes back) we're spending money! 

End of year cap spending:

15-16  25th

16-17 30th

17-18 27th

18-19 30th

19-20 31st

20-21 31st

21-22 25th

you would think they saved enough to at least fix the sh!tters over that time while being a bad team on the ice.

Hopefully this year will be different, granted I still hold out no hope for fixed sh!tters.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Guys I think I’m gonna be a hockey insider too. 

something might happen in the east but maybe not. Keep an eye on Canada but could be a US team

I heard a European team is working on a trade with another European team, but it might be two teams in the WHL.

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

another Weekes L. 

This has nothing to do with Guadana but hooooly cow can we stop calling this dude an insider? He whiffed on everything this off-season. Whiffed terribly on the MAF signing, deleted it. Whiffed here, deleted it. Last offseason he said the Devils and Sharks were about to break “something huge”, nada. Said the Devils and Flyers were finalists for Shattenkirk; off to New York. Said the Islanders were about to sign Panarin, nope — Rangers. 

He throws sh!t at the wall and when it doesn’t stick he deletes it. He did this whole awkward phony “breaking news from my shower ha ha!!” schtick this off-season despite actually being first for *zero* scoops. 

Guy isn’t an insider. He’s a television personality with an attention complex.

Yeah, I agree. Its better when he is just make his "its done" videos. Not as bad as Seravalli but still to many misses.

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Great. I look forward to the three page pissing match between you and Guadana this post will undoubtedly lead to over who is a real fvcking source or not. Just let sleeping dogs fvcking lie man….

Please, I'm sorry. Really sorry.

Read more posts i missed. It doesn't go well.

Edited by Guadana