Jump to content

2022 Off-Season thread PT 2


Devilsfan118
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Seems...unnecessary?  Wells Fargo Center isn't THAT old (opened for biz in 1996), and has undergone renovations and updates...including a bunch in 2020.  If the idea is for the Flyers to move there too, then it makes more sense.  But considering that you've got Barclay's Center in Brooklyn, MSG in Manhattan, and Pru Center in Newark...guess Philly can make two arenas work.  Still just feels unnecessary.

Comcast owns the Flyers and Wells Fargo so don't see them moving them to this new arena. This seems like more of a move for HBSE to get even more revenue cause they would have the same setup as they do with us with owning the team and the arena. 

In addition to the ones you said we also have UBS Arena now which I never would have imagined would have gotten built. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Eklund says this. Who the fvck is Holt? lol. 

Devils All-in on Tkachuk. The one player the Devils want to keep is Bratt. Other players however that I am told have been discussed are Holt, Severson, Foote, Johnsson, and the Devils 2023 first round pick.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

tkachuk might not be saying that, but we don’t need him to. we just need him to say “NJ can afford to give me a fvckload of money and meet my team’s trade demands and it would be fun playing with Jack Hughes.” and that’s it.

Works for me.  And every other Devils fan.  Still feels like a lot of other scenarios would have to not be a possibility first.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Eklund says this. Who the fvck is Holt? lol. 

Devils All-in on Tkachuk. The one player the Devils want to keep is Bratt. Other players however that I am told have been discussed are Holt, Severson, Foote, Johnsson, and the Devils 2023 first round pick.

2.3% accurate.

Cap will be plenty tight if the Devils somehow re-signed Bratt AND signed Tkachuk.  Calgary's gotta do better than that "haul" lmao.      

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

2.3% accurate.

Cap will be plenty tight if the Devils somehow re-signed Bratt AND signed Tkachuk.  Calgary's gotta do better than that "haul" lmao.      

Would be tight but man with such a young roster. We'd be able to keep our core for a very long time

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Would be tight but man with such a young roster. We'd be able to keep our core for a very long time

Enough ELCs coming up (as long as not too many are dealt) should help next season and beyond for a bit.  Not saying I wouldn't want both Bratt and Tkachuk here.  Devils core is suddenly looking pretty damn good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

2.3% accurate.

Cap will be plenty tight if the Devils somehow re-signed Bratt AND signed Tkachuk.  Calgary's gotta do better than that "haul" lmao.      

That would be $9,323,500 in cap going to Calgary, or $7,566,000 if you don't count Holtz and Foote, who aren't in our present calculation. LTIR Bernier and find anyone willing to take Tatar for literally anything and we'd be fine. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Eklund says this. Who the fvck is Holt? lol. 

Devils All-in on Tkachuk. The one player the Devils want to keep is Bratt. Other players however that I am told have been discussed are Holt, Severson, Foote, Johnsson, and the Devils 2023 first round pick.

Steve Holt! Ftw! GIF - Arrested Development Steve Holt GIFs

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That would be $9,323,500 in cap going to Calgary, or $7,566,000 if you don't count Holtz and Foote, who aren't in our present calculation. LTIR Bernier and find anyone willing to take Tatar for literally anything and we'd be fine. 

Not saying it can’t be done, just that things will be tight this year.  But given the potential core, I can live with a bunch of young talent getting the money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not saying it can’t be done, just that things will be tight this year.  But given the potential core, I can live with a bunch of young talent getting the money.

LTIR LTIR! Johnsson and Tatar have ingrown toenails. They're, like, really really bad and stuff!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

2.3% accurate.

Cap will be plenty tight if the Devils somehow re-signed Bratt AND signed Tkachuk.  Calgary's gotta do better than that "haul" lmao.      

Agreed, but if that were anything close to what we would have to give up for Tkachuk, holy sh!t that would be an amazing move.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://thehockeynews.com/news/where-will-the-flames-ship-matthew-tkachuk?fbclid=IwAR2-9vcPILQP-Yz-RWkA5IlYzAprxnTP7aHsP5FiktMr6CHCkwHLs5hMSco&fs=e&s=cl  The Detroit Red Wings and New Jersey Devils possess the cap space to sign Tkachuk and depth in young players and prospects to tempt the Flames. The Devils could be the best fit if they offer up restricted free agent Jesper Bratt and if he's willing to sign a long-term deal with the Flames.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

https://thehockeynews.com/news/where-will-the-flames-ship-matthew-tkachuk?fbclid=IwAR2-9vcPILQP-Yz-RWkA5IlYzAprxnTP7aHsP5FiktMr6CHCkwHLs5hMSco&fs=e&s=cl  The Detroit Red Wings and New Jersey Devils possess the cap space to sign Tkachuk and depth in young players and prospects to tempt the Flames. The Devils could be the best fit if they offer up restricted free agent Jesper Bratt and if he's willing to sign a long-term deal with the Flames.

I don't think they trade Bratt unless he is asking for more than Jack is getting paid.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I don't think they trade Bratt unless he is asking for more than Jack is getting paid.

They may have to if they want Tkachuk. I don’t wanna trade Bratt, but for Matthew Tkachuk? I’d have to do it. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If MK wants to get PAID, he praye to tet traded this year. His numbers will drop not playing with JG and we'll see how good he really is, he could end up looking at less next year. He won't put up those numbers again. Same could be said on our end with Bratt though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

If MK wants to get PAID, he praye to tet traded this year. His numbers will drop not playing with JG and we'll see how good he really is, he could end up looking at less next year. He won't put up those numbers again. Same could be said on our end with Bratt though. 

If anything I could see Bratt’s numbers going up. Health permitting he’ll be playing with either Jack or Nico, and you have to think Brunette will improve the power play. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

If MK wants to get PAID, he praye to tet traded this year. His numbers will drop not playing with JG and we'll see how good he really is, he could end up looking at less next year. He won't put up those numbers again. Same could be said on our end with Bratt though. 

He could put up some really nice numbers next to Jack Hughes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If anything I could see Bratt’s numbers going up. Health permitting he’ll be playing with either Jack or Nico, and you have to think Brunette will improve the power play. 

Yeah, i was down on Bratt about 2 seasons ago but man the sky is the limit with him

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.