2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He was benched in the Calgary game (for the entire third period I believe)...that was Game 5 of his season...for some reason I thought he was also scratched after that game, but turns out that he was right back out there against the Penguins, a few days later.  And then pretty much got it going from that game on, most of the time.     

Gotcha.

But yeah like i said. Things we'rent clicking for him in the first 5 games. Can't claim that i know for sure why but it's fair to assume that missing training camp had an impact and maybe he was just not in sync or knew the system too well and was a liability until he figured it out.

I mean, we all know Bratt was better than what he was giving then... so im pretty okay with giving an excuse for that period of time especially

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

now make the same argument for his multiple benchings and healthy scratches in 2021. 

Not sure why i would... he was our top scorer with a 0.96 PPG and getting paid 2.75m for it. I have no issues with his season and value for last season.

Especially if his ask is 6.5m for his contract. I really don't see  how i could knock him in away way at the moment

Edited by SterioDesign

28 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well see we can all learn from this.

I can re-read and see what i did wrong in order to learn and get better. I slipped and wrote the french word instead of english. English is not my main language, i didn't speak it until I was like 19 and i try my best to still communicate with a bunch of people who are 100% english daily. And most likely doesn't speak another language fluently either.

We learned that you're an a$$hole for mocking someone's english when it's not their main language.

And we learned that all i'll do about it is call you an a$$hole and move on. I won't block you making sure i let the entire board know that i blocked you like it's relevant to anyone, I also won't run and report your post or go cry to DM in his inbox.

How 'bout that

I'm not laughing at your inability to properly speak English, I'm laughing at the fact that you slipped up with the perfect word at the perfect time.

Imagine you're dating this girl that has a prosthetic leg that she got when she was like 19 from an altercation at an underground mahjong tournament. The two of you are moseying along and even though she's pretty good at walking on it, she still sometimes steps off to the side. It's noticeable but no one really cares, fake leg or not.  You know her story because she's told it a million times but whatever, like I said, no one actually gives a sh!t. But this one particular time when she veers off path, she steps on a rake and it comes flying up and smacks her in the face like Sideshow Bob.  You cant help but laugh because the planets aligned and that situation as a whole just isn't not funny. You're not mocking her ability to walk with a handicap, right?

I mean i guess she can call you an a$$hole but the passive aggressive essay is just uncouth.

Season 5 GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I'm not laughing at your inability to properly speak English, I'm laughing at the fact that you slipped up with the perfect word at the perfect time.

Imagine you're dating this girl that has a prosthetic leg that she got when she was like 19 from an altercation at an underground mahjong tournament. The two of you are moseying along and even though she's pretty good at walking on it, she still sometimes steps off to the side. It's noticeable but no one really cares, fake leg or not.  You know her story because she's told it a million times but whatever, like I said, no one actually gives a sh!t. But this one particular time when she veers off path, she steps on a rake and it comes flying up and smacks her in the face like Sideshow Bob.  You cant help but laugh because the planets aligned and that situation as a whole just isn't not funny. You're not mocking her ability to walk with a handicap, right?

I mean i guess she can call you an a$$hole but the passive aggressive essay is just uncouth.

Season 5 GIF by The Simpsons

Well if i misinterpreted your post my man then that's on me and im truly sorry and take it back.

Top notch gf analogy though. kudos pal

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

that’s his ask for an arbitration 1-year deal. that’s very clearly not his ask for a long term contract.

Yeah and if they can't work out a long-term deal this summer (i think they still can?)

i'd be fine with a 1 year 6.5m contract for one year considering he'd still be RFA and then could work a long-term deal based on (potentially) 2 full seasons where he feel he showcased what he can be.

I just hate that it's complicated every time like this and if we have to do it again it won't get any simpler. He doesn't even have the leverage an upcoming UFA has so imagine if he has that on top of everything

2 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I’m sure it’s somewhere, but it’s not in that tweet.  I was hope someone could fill me in.  I still think the Devils offer does not reflect their commitment to Bratt.

Your take is wrong for multiple reasons that have been outlined in detail. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

I’m sure it’s somewhere, but it’s not in that tweet.  I was hope someone could fill me in.  I still think the Devils offer does not reflect their commitment to Bratt.

Basically the assumption is that Fitz really put the amount very low to discourage Bratt and his agent to let the process go to arbitration and force them into a long-term deal that'd benefit both sides.

Second assumption is that Bratt know he had limited seasons to showcase his talent. Only played 2 full seasons, his rookie season and the last one. So he likely would want a shorter deal to prove that last season wasn't a fluke so that he can hopefully get more money on a longer deal.

I think tyce could try to sign one way deal? Or maximize summ in ahl salary? If he will sign one way deal, Devils should use him or put on waiver, where he would be definitely claimed. For now his roster perspectives are very questionable. 

Even if guy will sign one year deal, it will mean nothing. He can be traded after, he can be part of the team, show his actual level again and sign long term high bucks deal, he can sign one year deal after, or sign 4 year deal. No real conclusions if the deal is for one year.

34 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Even if guy will sign one year deal, it will mean nothing. He can be traded after, he can be part of the team, show his actual level again and sign long term high bucks deal, he can sign one year deal after, or sign 4 year deal. No real conclusions if the deal is for one year.

I don’t think that’s correct. See Zach Parise.