Jump to content

2022 Off-Season thread PT 2


Devilsfan118
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t think that’s correct. See Zach Parise. 

Zach was going UFA after his one-year deal.  Bratt will still be a RFA if he's on a one-year deal.

At any rate, maybe this thing gets hammered out last-second, but looks like this is indeed headed to arbitration.  I'll admit it, I really did think some 5-6 year compromise was going to happen.  Doesn't feel like that anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Zach was going UFA after his one-year deal.  Bratt will still be a RFA if he's on a one-year deal.

At any rate, maybe this thing gets hammered out last-second, but looks like this is indeed headed to arbitration.  I'll admit it, I really did think some 5-6 year compromise was going to happen.  Doesn't feel like that anymore. 

So if it ends up being a one year deal, we get to do this again next off season. Fun 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Zach was going UFA after his one-year deal.  Bratt will still be a RFA if he's on a one-year deal.

At any rate, maybe this thing gets hammered out last-second, but looks like this is indeed headed to arbitration.  I'll admit it, I really did think some 5-6 year compromise was going to happen.  Doesn't feel like that anymore. 

So he has to wait two years before taking his huge deal to leave instead of one. Pretty much still the same. He doesn’t want a long term deal here, so this is what we’re doing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I'd rather do it next season. Let him prove himself that this year wasn't a fluke. 

I think this is the issue...we all like to THINK he can do this again, based on what we saw, but we need real proof.  And with the Devils still having another year of RFA control, they're in the position to say "Prove it".  This is one of those times I can really see both sides' point, but I'm not against the Devils taking this stance.  Especially when there will be another round of signings coming in a few years.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From the press release:

“The breakdown is a two-way deal in 2022-23 worth $750,000 at the NHL level and $175,000 in the AHL, and a one-way deal in 2023-24 worth $775,000”. 

I assume the second year being one-way is what got the deal done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

If Frank Seravalli isn't a good source, who is?

I would believe Jesper Bratt over him on the subject of Jesper Bratt’s contract. 

That said, Seravalli called it a guess, so who knows if it’s based on any actual information and whether being a good source is even relevant. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 year deal is probably the second-to-worst case scenario for us imo. 2-year deal walks home to UFA, so that's the worst of all.

But if he has another solid season he's going to get the bag. And I don't think Bratt at 8M+ for term is at all smart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

1 year deal is probably the second-to-worst case scenario for us imo. 2-year deal walks home to UFA, so that's the worst of all.

But if he has another solid season he's going to get the bag. And I don't think Bratt at 8M+ for term is at all smart.

It would only be a 2 year deal if we gave it to him, so I hope they have the sense not to do that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’ve read nothing but bad about that guy for months. It gives me pause as to whether Luke would be better off in the AHL than staying there. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

As far as calling a player a “Jew”, the Hugheses are Jewish.  Hope that it’s not true.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As far as calling a player a “Jew”, the Hugheses are Jewish.  Hope that it’s not true.  

it’s probably the beginning of the end for him, I suspect they’ll have a new coach come this Fall. 

Given that Luke is returning to Michigan, I think a new coach is a better option. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

it’s probably the beginning of the end for him, I suspect they’ll have a new coach come this Fall. 

Given that Luke is returning to Michigan, I think a new coach is a better option. 

Yeah this guy is a total fvcking scumbag. He needs to go. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

it’s probably the beginning of the end for him, I suspect they’ll have a new coach come this Fall. 

Given that Luke is returning to Michigan, I think a new coach is a better option. 

he coached Q Hughes for 2 seasons and he turned out pretty good tho

This is another one of those case where god knows if its true or not too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

he coached Q Hughes for 2 seasons and he turned out pretty good tho

This is another one of those case where god knows if its true or not too

That is true. I suspect between this and the previous allegations, it won’t be long for him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.