2022 Off-Season thread PT 2

Devilsfan118

34 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Guys I think I’m gonna be a hockey insider too. 

something might happen in the east but maybe not. Keep an eye on Canada but could be a US team

I heard a European team is working on a trade with another European team, but it might be two teams in the WHL.

3 hours ago, MB3 said:

another Weekes L. 

This has nothing to do with Guadana but hooooly cow can we stop calling this dude an insider? He whiffed on everything this off-season. Whiffed terribly on the MAF signing, deleted it. Whiffed here, deleted it. Last offseason he said the Devils and Sharks were about to break “something huge”, nada. Said the Devils and Flyers were finalists for Shattenkirk; off to New York. Said the Islanders were about to sign Panarin, nope — Rangers. 

He throws sh!t at the wall and when it doesn’t stick he deletes it. He did this whole awkward phony “breaking news from my shower ha ha!!” schtick this off-season despite actually being first for *zero* scoops. 

Guy isn’t an insider. He’s a television personality with an attention complex.

Yeah, I agree. Its better when he is just make his "its done" videos. Not as bad as Seravalli but still to many misses.

10 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Great. I look forward to the three page pissing match between you and Guadana this post will undoubtedly lead to over who is a real fvcking source or not. Just let sleeping dogs fvcking lie man….

Please, I'm sorry. Really sorry.

Read more posts i missed. It doesn't go well.

Edited by Guadana

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

he was right tho

Because something happened with a west coast team? All he needed was to be within a 16 team range? 

This is right up there with those TV psychics. You keep things vague and broad and let people draw their own conclusions. 

BTW, re:  Capfriendly, they continue to list Nemec's ELC hit as counting towards the cap.  We'll see if he actually makes the team right out of preseason...not that it's a lot of money, but if he doesn't, the Devils would have a little more to play with.

So this team could look a LOT different by the start of next season:

UFA:  Tatar, Johnsson, Wood, Severson, Graves, Bernier, Haula

Guessing at the very least, four of these players will definitely not be back.  It wouldn't shock me that much if all seven were gone, but I can see one or two being retained.  Maybe Haula or Wood, if I had to throw out a guess...neither should cost too much.  I'd love it if Graves was kept, but it feels like whatever money might have been going his way was allotted to Marino.  

RFA:  Bratt, Blackwood, Sharangovich, McLeod, Bastian, Boqvist

Obviously Holtz, L Hughes, and Nemec will be joining the Devils sooner than later; hard to imagine that all three of them aren't taking the ice for the 2023 opener.  Been over it, but pretty mind-blowing that the Devils have all of four forwards on the current roster signed for next season:  Hughes, Hischier, Palat, and Mercer.  Gonna be some serious opportunities for guys like Thompson and Zetterlund...maybe guys like Foote get one last look before being written off.  Goes without saying that Bratt, Blackwood, and Sharangovich are playing for significant raises and term.  The latter three are probably expendable, but should be affordable.  Can't see any of them making more than $1.5 - 2 million AAV.  Still have to see what exactly is going on with McLeod, but he just feels like a guy who's ran his course here...even if he's really good at faceoffs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

BTW, re:  Capfriendly, they continue to list Nemec's ELC hit as counting towards the cap.  We'll see if he actually makes the team right out of preseason...not that it's a lot of money, but if he doesn't, the Devils would have a little more to play with.

So this team could look a LOT different by the start of next season:

UFA:  Tatar, Johnsson, Wood, Severson, Graves, Bernier, Haula

Guessing at the very least, four of these players will definitely not be back.  It wouldn't shock me that much if all seven were gone, but I can see one or two being retained.  Maybe Haula or Wood, if I had to throw out a guess...neither should cost too much.  I'd love it if Graves was kept, but it feels like whatever money might have been going his way was allotted to Marino.  

RFA:  Bratt, Blackwood, Sharangovich, McLeod, Bastian, Boqvist

Obviously Holtz, L Hughes, and Nemec will be joining the Devils sooner than later; hard to imagine that all three of them aren't taking the ice for the 2023 opener.  Been over it, but pretty mind-blowing that the Devils have all of four forwards on the current roster signed for next season:  Hughes, Hischier, Palat, and Mercer.  Gonna be some serious opportunities for guys like Thompson and Zetterlund...maybe guys like Foote get one last look before being written off.  Goes without saying that Bratt, Blackwood, and Sharangovich are playing for significant raises and term.  The latter three are probably expendable, but should be affordable.  Can't see any of them making more than $1.5 - 2 million AAV.  Still have to see what exactly is going on with McLeod, but he just feels like a guy who's ran his course here...even if he's really good at faceoffs.

I think they have to list him as a starter here. We all know he’s not. Unless he blows our socks off in the prospects and pre games. 

On 8/2/2022 at 10:16 PM, mfitz804 said:

I’ve read nothing but bad about that guy for months. It gives me pause as to whether Luke would be better off in the AHL than staying there. 

Well, he's out:

Michigan fires hockey coach Mel Pearson (michigandaily.com)

And yeah, given how late in the game this decision has been handed down, gotta wonder if Luke would indeed be better off starting his pro career right away.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Well, he's out:

Michigan fires hockey coach Mel Pearson (michigandaily.com)

And yeah, given how late in the game this decision has been handed down, gotta wonder if Luke would indeed be better off starting his pro career right away.  

There you have it. 

I think the added year at the NCAA level will do him good, but I feel like the AHL would also. If he is still going to stay at Michigan, I would rather it not be with the toxic coach that might be referring to him as “Jew”. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pumpkin cutter said:

luke's ass better stay in michagan .

don't go talking about college boys butts again. gettin me all hot and bothered on a friday afternoon. 

6 minutes ago, andy said:

Why would you want him to stay in Michigan?

Because it’s probably what’s best for his development? Quinn did 2 years there, and Luke probably isn’t ready for the NHL yet. He doesn’t even turn 19 until next month. 

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Because it’s probably what’s best for his development? Quinn did 2 years there, and Luke probably isn’t ready for the NHL yet. He doesn’t even turn 19 until next month. 

I don’t know if I agree with the whole “that’s what Quinn did” as a reason for Luke to do it, they’re two different people and players, but I do feel like he needs more development.

Are we expecting him to do one more year at Michigan and then straight to the NHL, or are we also throwing an AHL season in there before he joins the big team? 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t know if I agree with the whole “that’s what Quinn did” as a reason for Luke to do it, they’re two different people and players, but I do feel like he needs more development.

Are we expecting him to do one more year at Michigan and then straight to the NHL, or are we also throwing an AHL season in there before he joins the big team? 

luke probably isn’t the type of prospect who needs a whole season, if any time at all, in the AHL. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

But they play the same position, and a overall very similar style of game. With the instant success Quinn had in the NHL, there’s really no reason not to try and replicate the exact same trajectory for Luke. 

27 minutes ago, MB3 said:

luke probably isn’t the type of prospect who needs a whole season, if any time at all, in the AHL. 

This. 

You don’t really see a player as talented as Luke in AHL much these days. At least not for any significant amount of time. Guys like Byram and Drysdale had a cup of coffee down there, but that’s about it. 

The US born players like the Hughes brothers and Jake Sanderson seem to be bypassing the AHL all together. 

On 8/6/2022 at 11:14 PM, Nicomo said:

Why is Michigan better for his development than the AHL?

I wonder when we’ll hear more on McLeod’s Team Canada assault involvement. If he was involved then there’s no way we comes back. 4C would be up for grabs. I expect they keep Boqvist at 3C.

7 hours ago, andy said:

Why is Michigan better for his development than the AHL?

The best answer anyone gives is “it worked for his brother”. 

I’m not opposed to it, but now it’s a new coach, maybe new system, etc., I think it’s valid to wonder whether the AHL is a better place for him to develop.