Ondrej Palat signs with NJ - 5 years @ 6m

SterioDesign

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I am again wondering if everyone realizes we signed Ondrej Palat and not Ross Colton or some sh!t. 

Ondrej Palat played on Tampa Bay's top-line nearly his entire career. For the majority of the season he played with Point and Kucherov. During the Finals he played with Stamkos and Kucherov. At no point in the entirety of the year this year or the entirety of the year last year was he ever on the third line. His most common line last year was alongside Stamkos and Point. 

Please read that post again because this is the 900th time someone on this website has called him a 3rd liner. If he's not a 3rd liner on the Tampa Bay motherfvcking Lightning why would he be a third liner here?!?!?

Perfect, I was just making the same point in the free agency thread.  

I don’t understand how anyone can think he goes from 7 years of playing top line for the most successful team in the NHL over that period of time to playing on our 3rd line in the fall.  

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Those who think Fitz had no Plan B, here he is confirming Palat was not Plan B. 

Because JG and Palat are totally different players and you need a mix of both of their skill sets in a successful team. Some people seem unable to get their heads around that.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

yes

that is his joke

you have arrived at it

my initial comment was also a joke. Glad you arrived too.

Now let's not derailed this conversation and let's go back to talking about our newly acquired 3rd line LW shall we? 

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

my initial comment was also a joke. Glad you arrived too.

Now let's not derailed this conversation and let's go back to talking about our newly acquired 3rd line LW shall we? 

I'm hoping, and I know it's hopeful, but 15-20 goals, 30-40 assists again from him. Alongside Hughes or Hischier who knows. 

13 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I'm hoping, and I know it's hopeful, but 15-20 goals, 30-40 assists again from him. Alongside Hughes or Hischier who knows. 

Well he played with better players in Tampa and he's older now.

Like it's been brought up. I hope that maybe we won't show his production as much on paper but that he'll make Mercer and Hischier produce more by doing all the little things