Devils Trade for John Marino, ty Smith to Pitts.

jagknife

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Things I know about John Marino:

He has played nearly every single game for the past 3 years with the Penguins, who are better than the Devils.

He's a right handed shot.

He played the third most minutes on the Penguins last year as their 2nd line defensive defenseman. ATOI of 20:38.

Sounds good to me

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Another solid RHD. This might be the death blow to our resident PK Subban  fans. Please respect their privacy in this difficult time. 

PK Subban fans and Damon Severson stans. 

Wonder if we move on from Severson in the offseason here.

• Like 1

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

PK Subban fans and Damon Severson stans. 

Wonder if we move on from Severson in the offseason here.

Yeah I think Nemec’s training camp will factor in on Seversons future. If they think he can step right in, that gives us Hamilton, Marino, Seves, and Nemec on the right. Very strong group there 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I’m honestly curious to know why Pittsburgh is doing this. Dude is under contact until 2027 at $4.4 million. Why move him?

Perhaps they needed to clear cap space after bringing back Letang and Malkin? 

• Like 3

Sorry to see Ty go (really wanted to see how he might fare with someone not nASS working with him), but with Nemec and L Hughes soon to be in the fold, not sure how much room there was going to be for Ty.

And the guy that they got back fills a need and is cost-controlled.  I understand the “why”.

• Like 4

I know the hardcore malcontents won’t be appeased by anything short of the biggest names on the market, but most reasonable people should be able to see what Fitz is doing. This team is going to look radically different next season. And I remember thinking I’d settle for just a new goalie…

• Like 4

this is a cool thread/story

Just now, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

The organisationis going to massively regret this trade. 

You all seem to have such short term memories, and have completely skipped over how vital Ty Smith is to the Devil's. 

He is the sole reason Jack Hughes did not die of malnourishment for the last two seasons.  If Ty isn't there with instructions for broccoli or how to grill chicken our franchise player is probably curled up in a corner eating pocket lint. 

Have some respect. 

That’s gonna be Luke’s job in a year.

• Like 2