Utica Comets Thread 2022-23

Chimaira_Devil_#9

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Clarke scored again tonight. Dude is on quite a heater. 

He might have to get a “What the hell, why not?” look this season.

BTW last season:  52 GP, 10 G, 14 A

This season:  26 GP, 10 G, 13 A

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Utes have really picked it up lately...record is now 17-9-6, after a meh kind of start.  Only real blue-chip prospect there is Nemec...some young maybes and older AHL vets otherwise.  

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

(Other) Nicccooooo

Daws has kind of fallen to the AHL backup spot. Nice to see him get a save here. 

Hey, I had a question for this thread, has anybody looked into or heard anything about Tyler Madden? https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/201489/tyler-madden

I came across his profile recently and he had a respectable sophomore year in Northeastern and signed his AHL deal and kind of trailed off, but I think the Reign are pretty good in the A usually. Spinning image of his dad. 

He just seems buried behind a pretty deep prospect pool in LA's system and might be an interesting depth guy. He's not a ppg or anything in the A so he's not wowing anybody or anything, but he seems good on the PP in Ontario, seems to have a blast of a shot. 

Edited by RizzMB30

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Great night for our top prospects down there. Holtz scored on a penalty shot, too. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Which they should have been doing all season…

They thought that they could do that with big team practices…and yeah they were wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

Clarke is up to 23 goals, and Foote with 20. I’d honestly rather see either of these guys over Wood at this point. I swear, if Ruff takes Boqvist out instead of him when Bastian returns…

Also, Holtz has missed a couple games in a row now. Can’t figure out if he’s injured again or what. There doesn’t seem to be any information online anywhere that I can find. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Clarke is up to 23 goals, and Foote with 20. I’d honestly rather see either of these guys over Wood at this point. I swear, if Ruff takes Boqvist out instead of him when Bastian returns…

Also, Holtz has missed a couple games in a row now. Can’t figure out if he’s injured again or what. There doesn’t seem to be any information online anywhere that I can find. 

If you are on Twitter follow Ben. Great coverage. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

There’s definitely something serious going on with Holtz. There’s no way he’s been out this long due to “illness.”

So many things went right this season…

…except ALL things Holtz