2022 IIHF World Junior Championships - Starts Aug. 9th

RunninWithTheDevil

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

I like. Summer is great. I like hot weather. Like cold winter. -22 F is great time to live. And beautiful comfort fall and spring. 

54 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Like I said, psychopath. :P

Obviously he likes hot weather, he lives in St. Petersburg. Florida is always hot. 

;)

17 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I'm a big swimmer so I do enjoy when my pool gets nice and warm during the dog days, but fall is the best. Winter can eat a bag of frozen dicks

Yeah bums me out big time when the cover goes back over the pool (usually late September).  Feels like it might as well be 10 years before it will be opened again (and even then the water is usually chilly in May and early June).

13E0AAA6-1E11-4568-82A2-D47FDDE8F341.jpeg

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah bums me out big time when the cover goes back over the pool (usually late September).  Feels like it might as well be 10 years before it will be opened again (and even then the water is usually chilly in May and early June).

Wow absolutely gorgeous setup 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ok now I’m jealous of your basement and your pool lol. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Seriously, stick a bar in the corner and my man lives in a resort. 

My basement (where the bar and Devils stuff is) walks out to the pool area.

I was lucky in that the pool and the finished basement came with the house…the area around the pool needed a TON of work…the pool itself is the only real original part left. The concrete was cracking, there were old railroad ties everywhere, the old fence was on its last legs…back in 2013-14 we put a lot into the whole area.  We updated the pool light a few years ago…that one has a bunch of different color settings.

I love chillin there, but I also love that it gives my daughter a place to invite her friends to in the summer…I like her friends in general, so I don’t mind if she has one, a few, or if more come over…at least I know where they are, and who they’re with. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I love chillin there, but I also love that it gives my daughter a place to invite her friends to in the summer…I like here friends in general, so I don’t mind if she has one, a few, or if more come over…at least I know where they are, and who they’re with. 

Exactly why I want to do the same to my yard. My daughter’s friends are good kids, and it’s always better not to have to be the one driving/picking up from other friends’ houses. 

It’s only gotten worse since she started high school. Her junior high friends all lived in the neighborhood, now in high school they’re all over the Island. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Exactly why I want to do the same to my yard. My daughter’s friends are good kids, and it’s always better not to have to be the one driving/picking up from other friends’ houses. 

It’s only gotten worse since she started high school. Her junior high friends all lived in the neighborhood, now in high school they’re all over the Island. 

Yeah as teenage girls often are, they can be a little noisy, shriek-y, etc, but I don’t mind.  Knowing where they are and that they’re safe is all that matters.  And yeah mine starts high school in a week and a half.

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah as teenage girls often are, they can be a little noisy, shriek-y, etc, but I don’t mind.  Knowing where they are and that they’re safe is all that matters.  And yeah mine starts high school in a week and a half.

Yeah they can be loud and they laugh constantly, but even still, if they’re good kids, you just block that out. 

Hope your daughter has an easy time making the jump, does she at least have friends going to the new school also? 

12 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Watched game after. Luke is fine. Little better than just "brother" pick. 

I'm starting to be positively inpatient.

He's not a small kid either.  Looked great at protecting the puck in that age group.  Hopefully it translates when he goes up against stronger guys.

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

He's not a small kid either.  Looked great at protecting the puck in that age group.  Hopefully it translates when he goes up against stronger guys.

Luke looked more physical to me in that game last night than the 6’6 Edvinsson did. Just sayin.