2022 IIHF World Junior Championships - Starts Aug. 9th

RunninWithTheDevil

I watched the end of the first period and then the entire rest of the game, and to put it bluntly, Luke was the best player on the ice by a wide margin too.

He had the 3 helpers, but he also was responsible for the first goal, as he deftly kept the puck in the zone at the blueline, and was also on the ice for another goal.

In the third he had a couple of silly looking plays where he just cut around players and one in particular where after a said deke his pass should have been a 4th point, but the kid got off a weaker shot and the goalie got his pad on it.

There was one play in the second period where he got himself in trouble on a PP where he tried to do too much, and the other team went the other way, but that was it in terms of mistakes I saw him make.

Pretty Pretty good.

Oh and I know it's not going to happen, but he could totally be on the team this year and be very good doing so, with some learning mistakes that end up in the net but yeah, I would not mind if he and his family changed his mind about going back to school.

• Like 2

Luke is awesome offensively but isn’t good defensively. Play against breakaways, board battles, gap control. Even in game with Swiss. I like that Fitz doesn’t try to rush him and give him year in university. He will play 1D role and it will give him more defensive responsibilities. He is very young. Some non nhl experience will help.

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Attendance has been horrendous for this tournament, I originally thought that it was maybe limited attendance or just friends and family but apparently it's simply that nobody wants to go for numerous reasons...

https://thehockeywriters.com/2022-rescheduled-world-junior-championship-small-crowd/

Those tickets are really expensive! I might pay that but I can totally see why the average fan wouldn't...especially to see the WJC in the middle of the summer.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Attendance has been horrendous for this tournament, I originally thought that it was maybe limited attendance or just friends and family but apparently it's simply that nobody wants to go for numerous reasons...

https://thehockeywriters.com/2022-rescheduled-world-junior-championship-small-crowd/

People want to walk without jackets their two months in the years. Not a lot of interest to spend money for hockey in the summertime. Especially when hockey Canada story make it bitter.

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I would skip the summer every year if i could but I hate the heat lol

I'm the opposite. I live in St Petersburg and there is a very meh weather, lots of grey, cold and rain. I like when  summer is summer and winter is winter. In the summertime I'm trying to walk until the end, because after September or earlier there are not so many good days until may.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Guadana said:

I'm the opposite. I live in St Petersburg and there is a very meh weather, lots of grey, cold and rain. I like when  summer is summer and winter is winter. In the summertime I'm trying to walking until the end, because after September or earlier there is not so much good days until may.

Spring/Fall is really my favorite, give me 60-70 degrees where I can wear shorts and a hoodie and I'm in heaven. 

• Like 1

I despise NJ winters myself…it’s not the cold that gets me.  It’s the lack of color, the overall dead look, the gray skies, and the short days that sap me.  January and February are the worst.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

28 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Spring/Fall is really my favorite, give me 60-70 degrees where I can wear shorts and a hoodie and I'm in heaven. 

Heh. 70 degrees were today. Sometimes we have warmer days, but 70 F is average or even little above average summer temperature here. I like it too) walk in shirt. Spring/fall is about 35-50. Late spring, earlier fall. And 14-35 in winter days. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I despise NJ winters myself…it’s not the cold that gets me.  It’s the lack of color, the overall dead look, the gray skies, and the short days that sap me.  January and February are the worst.  

Same here. But we have white nights in the summer period. But winter svcks. Missing the time in Moscow area. A lot of snow. And good cold air. 

45 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Give me literally every other season over summer any day. You have to be a complete psychopath to enjoy extremely hot weather. I also miss Fall/winter sports too much in the summer. 

I like. Summer is great. I like hot weather. Like cold winter. -22 F is great time to live. And beautiful comfort fall and spring. 

18 minutes ago, Guadana said:

I like. Summer is great. I like hot weather. Like cold winter. -22 F is great time to live. And beautiful comfort fall and spring. 

Like I said, psychopath. :P

Guess it all depends just how hot it gets where you live though, and how much humidity. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Like I said, psychopath. :P

Guess it all depends just how hot it gets where you live though, and how much humidity. 

one of the most fun days in my life were when I visited Israel, when there were 100 F and sand wind. But I think it could be too much for me today.

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

one of the most fun days in my life were when I visited Israel, when there were 100 F and sand wind. But I think it could be too much for me today.

My wife was stationed in Iraq for a year, and judging by how she talks about it, I wouldn’t last 2 days there. “Dry heat” is all fine and good, but 115 is still 115. 

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

My wife was stationed in Iraq for a year, and judging by how she talks about it, I wouldn’t last 2 days there. “Dry heat” is all fine and good, but 115 is still 115. 

When I think why I dont want to visit middle east again, temperature isn`t the first thing I`m thinking about)