Devils to hire Bill Spaulding as PxP guy

mikemarc1

1 minute ago, pumpkin cutter said:

it is what it is. i'm surprised they even have pork roll all the way over in staten. figured you guys ate pizza for breakfast.

Nobody eats that here. Bacon egg & cheese is the standard. I spent a lot of time at the shore as a kid, there it was pork roll. Like on the package. 

30 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

If i tried to order a pork roll egg and cheese the deli would throw me out and tell me to never return. 

Exactly. In North Jersey, it’s Taylor Ham. That’s what we call it here. Other parts of NJ may call it pork roll; we don’t up here. And if you live up here and call it pork roll, you’re in an extreme minority. 

45 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

you mean cured smoked pork belly egg and cheese. 

No I mean bacon. You buy it and the package says bacon. Just like pork roll. 

26 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Exactly. In North Jersey, it’s Taylor Ham. That’s what we call it here. Other parts of NJ may call it pork roll; we don’t up here. And if you live up here and call it pork roll, you’re in an extreme minority. 

Or you are an employee of Taylor, who specifically call it pork roll themselves. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

No I mean bacon. You buy it and the package says bacon. Just like pork roll. 

Or you are an employee of Taylor, who specifically call it pork roll themselves. 

Let me make this explicitly clear councilor: we don’t care what Taylor calls it. In this part of NJ, the majority of people call it Taylor Ham, and that isn’t ever gonna change lol.

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Let me make this explicitly clear councilor: we don’t care what Taylor calls it. In this part of NJ, the majority of people call it Taylor Ham, and that isn’t ever gonna change lol.

Then a lot of people are wrong. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well if you come to North Jersey and order a pork roll, egg, and cheese, don’t expect anyone to not look at you like you’re insane lol

Bro, you think that I worry about people looking at me like that? It’s not pork roll pushing me off that cliff lol. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Well if you come to North Jersey and order a pork roll, egg, and cheese, don’t expect anyone to not look at you like you’re insane lol

I grew up in north jersey and everyone I knew called it pork roll. It's even written as pork roll egg and cheese on the board at the deli near where I grew up.

Funny story, at my job at the golf course in HS/college 2 guys I worked with had a falling out over Taylor Ham vs Pork Roll. 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I grew up in north jersey and everyone I knew called it pork roll. It's even written as pork roll egg and cheese on the board at the deli near where I grew up.

Funny story, at my job at the golf course in HS/college 2 guys I worked with had a falling out over Taylor Ham vs Pork Roll. 😂

The plot thickens…

#TaylorHamDoesntExist

13 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I have NEVER, in 43 years of living here, seen it referred to as pork roll even once. Your deli is an outlier.

“Don’t let your meat loaf or your pork roll”

- said a guy I used to work with every Friday, as we were calling it a week.  As in EVERY Friday. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

“Don’t let your meat loaf or your pork roll”

- said a guy I used to work with every Friday, as we were calling it a week.  As in EVERY Friday. 

I like that guy already. 

I tell my wife and daughter to not let “the man” get them down when I leave for work, every day. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2