2022-2023 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

F9F0D476-3751-4F53-9F01-446CB40DFE0A.jpeg.d8bfde09e08966e05fddaaacf1f5794e.jpeg

This got me thinking. We’ve actually won 5 more series since 2004 than the Leafs, as bad as we’ve been. What do you think is more painful, not making the playoffs as long as we have, or being eliminated in the first round in embarrassing fashion every year? I think I might prefer our  situation considering their window could close with players leaving though free agency. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

This got me thinking. We’ve actually won 5 more series since 2004 than the Leafs, as bad as we’ve been. What do you think is more painful, not making the playoffs as long as we have, or being eliminated in the first round in embarrassing fashion every year? I think I might prefer our  situation considering their window could close with players leaving though free agency. 

Our situation eventually landed us a lot of young talent, while in T'ranna they bet the future on their core stars. If they don't win soon, they're going to be left with nothing and eventually return to the level of mediocrity they had in the 80s

1 hour ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Our situation eventually landed us a lot of young talent, while in T'ranna they bet the future on their core stars. If they don't win soon, they're going to be left with nothing and eventually return to the level of mediocrity they had in the 80s

I mean it landed them some young talent also, Matthews/Marner. Not that they’ve helped lol. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Same.

EDIT: They'd love this ideally. I won't be buying another jersey.

image.png.79998e0625903366956d02c46192fcc3.png

A jersey where the stereotypical portrayal of a Native American is the least offensive part. 

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

Baby Hat GIF

Wow those ads look hideous on those jerseys and so unnatural. Can't wait to see the Schnausberry Blueberry Miniature Penguins or the Minnesota Pillsbury Doughboy Wildboys.

BASEketball gave us a very clear and omniscient warning about this. Matt Stone and Trey Parker warned us. 

Edited by RizzMB30

On 9/8/2022 at 11:30 AM, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think the Leafs situation is worse because most of that fan base was convinced they were going to be a dynasty after landing Matthews, Marner, Nylander and Reilly and then getting Tavares in free agency.   If you told them in 2018 that one team would make every final from '20 through '22 and win the cup twice, I think many of them would have bet their house it would be the Leafs.      

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Can’t wait to see how this situation looks in 3 months

I liked the guy and wish he lived up to expectations here. Maybe he figures it out in Boston but I wouldn’t hold my breath

He loves looking like an all star in unofficial offseason workouts. By November they’ll know what he’s really all about.

6 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

There's like nowhere for people to sit for these games at that rink. Good luck to them, they will certainly need it.

Do many people attend a Riveters game?

44 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I have no idea what they have been drawing lately but a few years ago when they played at the Prudential practice rink they were probably getting 500-600 

And the mall rink does not accommodate that many?