2022-2023 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

Damn…Rangers just tied the game on one of the kookiest deflections ever seen.  C’mon Kings!

And now take a lead.  Bleech.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

48 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Damn…Rangers just tied the game on one of the kookiest deflections ever seen.  C’mon Kings!

And now take a lead.  Bleech.

Kings tie it after a mad scramble and a miraculous save by Peterson only to give up the lead on a terrible goal by Kreider that should’ve been stopped 

16 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

Kings tie it after a mad scramble and a miraculous save by Peterson only to give up the lead on a terrible goal by Kreider that should’ve been stopped 

Yeah that one was pretty bad.

And there’s just something about Kreider that makes him so easy to hate.

And he ices it with an empty-netter to boot.  Booooooooo.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

https://buffalonews.com/sports/sabres/tage-thompson-still-hungry-to-score-more-defend-better-to-help-sabres-win/article_71bcae10-6370-11ed-90ec-8320d4766fc0.html

https://nesn.com/2022/11/what-patrice-bergeron-said-to-tage-thompson-in-viral-pregame-moment/

Not sure if anyone posted or saw this.   Good stuff from Bergeron and we should really be getting a look at Tyce (unless he's hurt again)

Edited by Jimmy Leeds

8 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:
Reaves to Minnesota according to Weekes 

Not surprised he's gone; he played in 11 out of the Rangers' first 12 games, but only one since.  Was only a matter of time. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not surprised he's gone; he played in 11 out of the Rangers' first 12 games, but only one since.  Was only a matter of time. 

For a 2025 5th, that’s like our Kinkaid trade. Guess they just wanted him gone. We have a perfectly good face puncher in the AHL if they want him. 

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

For a 2025 5th, that’s like our Kinkaid trade. Guess they just wanted him gone. We have a perfectly good face puncher in the AHL if they want him. 

Yeah it was funny when that KK pick finally came to pass in the 2022 draft.  

I'm amazed that the Rangers even got that much TBH.  He's worth a 7th, maybe.  

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Here are the winter classic jerseys being modeled by spooky ghosts or John Cena. 

Also kudos to the NHL for really mixing it up with the match up this year. Finally Boston and Pittsburgh get a chance to be featured in the classic 🙄

Zero goals wil be called off. 

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Here are the winter classic jerseys being modeled by spooky ghosts or John Cena. 

Also kudos to the NHL for really mixing it up with the match up this year. Finally Boston and Pittsburgh get a chance to be featured in the classic 🙄

The venue bothers me more than the teams with it being at Fenway Park again, winter classic should be at new places every year till they run out. 

• Like 2

I don’t know why anyone gets upset about the teams. I think people don’t realize the entire event is a money making opportunity, not “be fair to everyone”. Should they play Arizona against Florida with a couple thousand people watching on TV? 

It’s just common sense. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t know why anyone gets upset about the teams. I think people don’t realize the entire event is a money making opportunity, not “be fair to everyone”. Should they play Arizona against Florida with a couple thousand people watching on TV? 

It’s just common sense. 

Personally fine with the Devils never playing it in, I don't wanna go cause I didn't care for the Yankee stadium experience but I know I'd feel compelled to go again lol

24 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s just common sense. 

They could rotate some other teams in from time to time. Pittsburgh has been in 4, Boston is hosting their 3rd. In 14 classics, there have only been 14 teams featured, so there’s 18 teams that haven’t been in one. I thought it was cool having Dallas and Nashville a few years ago, as neither team had been in one. 

• Like 1