2022-2023 Around the League thread

MadDog2020

28 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Need them to be better than that. If they tank and get Bedard I'm going to lose my sh!t. Bedard needs to go to Arizona... Far away from here.

Has a Torts coached team ever finished bottom 4? I’m sure he’ll at least have them competitive. 

21 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Need them to be better than that. If they tank and get Bedard I'm going to lose my sh!t. Bedard needs to go to Arizona... Far away from here.

that's my worry too. Really don't want Bedard to land in our division or MTL. Please go out west.

Also at least the Stars first round pick that went to the Rangers is top 10 protected so at least we don't have to worry about that. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We also have to worry about the Russian kid that will go 2OA. Don’t want anyone in the division getting either one of those 2. 

Good call. Hopefully the Flyers suck, but not bad enough to have enough lottery balls to get them in slam dunk top two territory. 

40 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We also have to worry about the Russian kid that will go 2OA. Don’t want anyone in the division getting either one of those 2. 

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Good call. Hopefully the Flyers suck, but not bad enough to have enough lottery balls to get them in slam dunk top two territory. 

At least he could be years out from getting to North America.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

yeah at least him he won't be in the league for quite a few years, he's signed with the KHL until like... 2026 or something

Three years from the draft. This is literally the devils prime. But if our target is Stanley cup, Devils should not worry about Mitchkov in division or Bedard or both. If they want to won everything they should win against everyone. Jack should be the perfect version of himsel - 90+ points player, Nico should be perfect version of himself - 70+ points player with perfect two way game, etc. and of course they should find better goalie. Kuemper isn’t perfect goalie, but Nathan and Cale are pretty perfect forward and defenseman. 

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

Beniers is going to be disgusting, that 2021 class is looking to be so much better than people initially gave it credit for, that entire top 10 (outside of Tyler Boucher, lol) is looking fantastic

Really hoping that Luke is at the top of that class in a few years

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Well Spencer Knight just got extended for 3 years at 4m in Florida.

Good deal for both sides.