Prospects thread 2022-2023

Guadana

6 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Is Tyler Brennan still playing on  the Prince George Cougars in the WHL? I didn’t think he was ready to be pro yet. 

I don't think so. He has done 4 seasons already. He isn't listed anywhere. Could be that he ends up in the ECHL. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 1:02 AM, Devil Dan 56 said:

Is Tyler Brennan still playing on  the Prince George Cougars in the WHL? I didn’t think he was ready to be pro yet. 

Found an season preview article on the PG Cougars published a few days ago that lists Brennan as a key returning player. 

https://whl.ca/article/2022-23-season-preview-prince-george-cougars

So looks like that settles that. His performance was good in the prospect challenge, so maybe we see him come to main training camp. 

• Like 2

I was definitely impressed by Brennan's play against the Boston prospects.  He made some awesome desperation saves, good post to post movement, battled hard for a loose puck in front.  He's two goals against were both from distance.  One was a softie that beat him lower blocker, I think.  The other seemed like an impossible screen.  Not great in the shootout though.  Let in 2 of 3.

• Like 1

Artyom Barabosha, white jersey, #80,  Krasnaya Armiya vs SKA-1946, 4 sept 2022, all actions, good and bad.
Tough game for defense, but Artyom Barabosha prevented a lot of offensive pressure from SKA-1946. Was on the ice when CSKA missed goals only in PK and it wasn`t his fault. A lot of physicallity, gap control, defensive work by the stick. 

https://youtu.be/ib79OA8cYs8

https://twitter.com/Guadana5/status/1572721475060367365

Good two periods and very rough third period. Lost his energy and made some mistakes.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Crisis said:

I was definitely impressed by Brennan's play against the Boston prospects.  He made some awesome desperation saves, good post to post movement, battled hard for a loose puck in front.  He's two goals against were both from distance.  One was a softie that beat him lower blocker, I think.  The other seemed like an impossible screen.  Not great in the shootout though.  Let in 2 of 3.

I think Daws has potential but I also think Brennan has the tools to be a steal in the 4th round. I hope he develops well. With Marek and Schmid in the mix it’s nice to have some goalie prospects again. 

I’m still kinda shocked he haven’t taken a Russian goalie though considering the way some of them have been turning out. I think we are the only team in our division without one in the system 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1

Artyom Barabosha #80 red jersey, Red Army vs Dynamo, 17 september 2022, all actions, good and bad, in two parts 

PART 1

Barabosha played very strong defence in tight game against Dynamo. Prevented any chances and all transition.  And scores.

https://twitter.com/Guadana5/status/1573775000577916931

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 2

Artyom Barabosha, #80 White jersey, Red Army vs Dynamo SPB, 7 sept 2022, all actions, good and bad

Earlier game than I posted before. Not his best game. He tries to play ahead, which I like, but he is in a hurry for about half a step, which eventually creates an opportunity for the player to attack. actually, in later games, he performed better in similar situations. We will watch and evaluate. I like that he correctly stands on  position in cycling, does not give space for playing on rebounds.

https://twitter.com/Guadana5/status/1574543852773560330

Edited by Guadana

fvck yeah. I got selected so that i can actually buy tickets to go watch the world juniors here in Moncton

I'm obviously going to try catch a Luke Hughes game if the US does play in Moncton (and not Halifax)

Edit: Actually yeahhhhh. I just secured 2 tickets for the USA-Latvia game (which should be a bloodbath), also 2 for the USA-Slovakia game. If Nemec doesn't make the NHL we might get a Hughes vs Nemec game. Would be amazing. And 2 for USA vs Swtiz. Now hopefully Luke won't get injured and miss the tournament lol

image.thumb.png.7cccdfdc65702e07506bd1fcddb9dcf3.png

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

fvck yeah. I got selected so that i can actually buy tickets to go watch the world juniors here in Moncton

I'm obviously going to try catch a Luke Hughes game if the US does play in Moncton (and not Halifax)

Edit: Actually yeahhhhh. I just secured 2 tickets for the USA-Latvia game (which should be a bloodbath) and also for the USA-Slovakia game. If Nemec doesn't make the NHL we might get a Hughes vs Nemec game. Would be amazing.

That’s awesome man! Have a great time and be sure to post pics and give us scouting reports lol

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s awesome man! Have a great time and be sure to post pics and give us scouting reports lol

yeah man! scored these tickets through some friends who got the full package cause they are season tickets holders for the Wildcats.

But im hoping to grab tickets for a Canada game too cause well. Bedard is a fvcking monster.

• Like 1

Daniil Orlov #62, white jersey, MHL, Spartak vs Dynamo, 28 sept 2022, all actions, good and bad. Made assist in the game.

Finally, I found time to make video about Orlov. I understand what Fitz is actually is trying to build and find on the draft. Orlov is a "modern defensive defenseman", who is very good skater, can join the rush, help with transition, play with the stick and control the gaps very tightly. I like how he control the gap, how he is closing the zones. Good stick work, very good positional game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Edit: Actually yeahhhhh. I just secured 2 tickets for the USA-Latvia game (which should be a bloodbath), also 2 for the USA-Slovakia game. If Nemec doesn't make the NHL we might get a Hughes vs Nemec game. Would be amazing. And 2 for USA vs Swtiz. Now hopefully Luke won't get injured and miss the tournament lol

pretty cool SD. jealous

53 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

pretty cool SD. jealous

Yeah pretty pumped.

I have 3 good buddies 2 in Moncton and one living like 2-3 hours away that are also big devils fans (there's really not that many around here as you can imagine lol) so i'm going to bring them each to one game at least.