Prospects thread 2022-2023

Guadana

Zakhar Bardakov, #10 white jersey, SKA vs CSKA,  03 october 2022, all actions, good and bad, 

PART 1

PART 2
https://youtu.be/Nj170LkKmDU

I little bit tired because... I like Bardakov`s game. He is perfect defensive forward. He read the game very well and can make an impact even without touching the puck. But game after game he losing good chances. If he scroed every third breakaway he has he could has 3-4 more goals. Anyway good game from him. 

• Like 3

Goalie Jakub Malek has so far played four games for Ilves in Finland. Three starts and one appearance in relief. 

He he is 1-2-1 with one of those losses coming in the relief appearance in a 7-4 loss. His GAA is 2.84 and his save percentage is 0.895. 

Will be interesting to see how he handles the step up in competition and the fact he is the backup. Langhammer has got the lion's share of the work so far. 

• Like 2

This is really odd, Salminen is suiting up for Jokerit U20's tonight (he has outgrown that competition and needs to move on if he wants to progress). 

No word as to why. He had admission issues at Denver , so they could be following him to UConn.

Luke who's back, back again....... Sorry. 

Season opener for Michigan. Casey makes the second pairing. Ethan Edwards not dressed for this one. Will be interesting to see how his season pans out , as he made real strides last year when Luke and Owen Power were out of the lineup. 

• Like 1

NCAA Roundup 

Luke finished a game where Michigan scored 8 without a single point. BUST.

Casey had a single assist after initially being credited with two. 

Moynihan ended the night with 2 points 1G 1A in PC's 6-1 win. 

Viktor Hurtig was a healthy scratch fro MSU. 

Artem Schlaine has got off to a great start to life for the NMU Wildcats he has 2G 2A in 3 games.

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 2

Junior Hockey Update 

Josh Filmon- Swift Current 

Could be an excellent selection by the Devil's.  2 games 1 goal 2 assist. 

Was the first star of the game. 

Chase Stillman- Peterborough Pete's 

Has an assist in 2 games. Currently playing on the second line. 

Tyler Brennan- PG Cougars 

Brennan won his first game of the season. He saved 5/6 in the shootout. 

• Like 2

So this isn't good , and explains what Hurtig played in all the pre season games but as soon as opening night came he was a healthy scratch. 

Apparently this could impact Salminen as well but that would be odd as he never played a game for Jokerit above u20 level. 

Luke picking up an assist on Michigan's first goal last night. 

And I know it's early doors but the Devil's seem to have another gem on their hands with Seamus Casey. His goal from last night:

• Like 2

I’m going allow myself to dream about how nasty our defense could be in a few years if all of Luke, Nemec, and Casey pan out. 

Pair them with the stay at home guys like Marino and Siegenthaler and we good.

Oh, and if our $9 million defenseman we already have ever returns to form that would be cool, too. 

• Like 1

Michigan ended up winning 9-2 last night. 

Luke got his first goal of the season. 

Casey had an even better night picking up two goals and an assist. His second goal was a beauty. 

Taking a leaf out of Luke's book from last season. 

Ethan Edwards was a healthy scratch again. It seems he is really going to struggle for ice time this year. Which is a shame because he really improved when given the chance last year. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Imagine Casey works out and we go from having some of the worst defensive depth a few years ago to having 3 solid pairings of mostly homegrown talent. Great stuff

We are going to have assets to play with I think. 

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

We are going to have assets to play with I think. 

Now we just need a real coach who will know how to work with them.  And quite possibly a GM as well.

• Like 1