Prospects thread 2022-2023

Guadana

Game against Traktor today

- part 1
 - part 2

Good defensive game. Very patient.

And... I don`t like transitional game and how he works with the puck. For now it is very limited potential. There is a border between him and Okhotiuk for now. Okhotiuk has good start and help with transition, can join the rush because of speed, is good enough with the puck in defensive zone. Misul is very good positionally, but isn`t as attractive on the boards(no one is as attractive on the boards as Okhotiuk), useless with the puck.

I understand it is only beggining of the season, but guy didn`t develope what he should develope. I think he will sign another two year deal(and it would be better for him, may be if he will lose the spot, than we can talk again). But for now he isn`t NHL ready and doesnt look like he has real upside.

I understand that after this, Misyul`s stocks will fall, although they were not high anyway. But even with a good defensive game, in the NHL it is very important to be useful with the puck on the stick. Shakir was heavily scolded for this, and now we see that Shakir has significantly improved this aspect of the game.

I will return to Daniil after some time. Next one is Zakhar Bardakov.

• Like 5

On 9/5/2022 at 8:28 PM, Aitchmack said:

He looks really promising. I can't wait until he comes to America.

He has one year on actual deal. May be Avangard will offer big money for him, than he will play another two years I believe. Its not so sexy for devils fans, but it will help him to develop more, and Devils will got legit top 6 player for free when they will be ready for real competitions. 

May be he wants to travel no matter what. Everything I read about it, he is in interest to take next step after thus season. Like Shakir too. Both look good for now. 

Today I will make Bardakov video and another one video, I didn't decide yet. 

19 hours ago, Guadana said:

Shakir Mukhamadullin #85,
white jersey
07 sept 2022,
Game against Dynamo Mynsk.

All actions, good and bad.
https://youtu.be/uugMnvRD1aU

He's definitely got some things to work on. His decision making seems fine, but he has some careless lapses and he also would benefit from filling out his frame more so that he can win more physical battles. I think these things will come with time.

Overall, pretty encouraging to watch that video. He stakes very well. His passes are still looking like a strength. But the most encouraging thing about that video is how well he moves the puck and how confident he looks when he has possession. In the past, Shakir seemed more likely to go for the simple play, but he took some risks in that video that paid off. Seems like a good power play QB too. I think he should shoot more. He's got a great shot, and the one shot he launched in that video resulted in a goal from the rebound.

4 hours ago, nessus said:

He's definitely got some things to work on. His decision making seems fine, but he has some careless lapses and he also would benefit from filling out his frame more so that he can win more physical battles. I think these things will come with time.

Overall, pretty encouraging to watch that video. He stakes very well. His passes are still looking like a strength. But the most encouraging thing about that video is how well he moves the puck and how confident he looks when he has possession. In the past, Shakir seemed more likely to go for the simple play, but he took some risks in that video that paid off. Seems like a good power play QB too. I think he should shoot more. He's got a great shot, and the one shot he launched in that video resulted in a goal from the rebound.

Very good first pass, very good transition game. I would say he is good defensively in the move. Very good shot. Accurate, hard and low. Good for rebounds. Good skating, good speed.

Should be faster on the short distances.  Could have problems against fast gritty players who is good with the puck. Should use frame better. WIth better physics he will be much better in this aspects.

He was criticised for his game with the puck under pressure, but now he is fast, smart and creative with the puck under pressure. I can`t say he is good QB. At least on the blue line. He is ok, but isn`t fast with movements, again because he isn`t fast on the short distances. But can shot on the blue line, can join the rush and make good pass. But definitely not blue line playmaker. But who can do it? Even Luke isn`t elite  pure playmaking defenseman. First pass of Shakir is really-really good. Guy make very accurate movements with the puck. Mechanics could be better, but are ok for his size.

He developed a lot of parts of his game. I listen him a lot, he is smart. And development is a good sign. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Good start for Malek as he takes a step up in competition this year. He had a dominant year last year, so let's hope that carries over into this year. 

I keep forgetting about him when I think of the goalie prospects. I wonder what his timeline is for coming to North America 

• Like 1

Here is a rundown of where our prospects are playing this year excluding those in Utica:

Czechia- Extralig:

Petr Hauser- Sparta Prague 

Jaromir Pytlik- Kladno 

Sweden -Allsvenskan:

Nikola Pasic- Sodertalje 

OHL:

Chase Stillman- Peterborough Pete's 

Will be interesting to see if he stays there the whole season. The trade last year did not play out well for him. If the Pete's are looking uncompetitive he could be moved again this year. 

WHL:

Josh Filmon- Swift Current Broncos

Finland- Liiga:

Jakub Malek- Ilves 

Topias Vilen- Pelicans

Devils did not retain Etu Pakilla from last season but he will be on the same team as Malek. 

Russia- KHL:

Zakhar Bardakov- SKA 

SKA off to an incredible start this year and are undefeated.

Arseni Gritsyuk- Avangard Omsk

Avangard are off to a terrible start this year with only one win. 

Shakir Mukhamadullin- Salavat Ufa 

Potentially could be paired up with former Devil Ryan Murphy who had one game in 2018. Legacy. 

Yegor Zaitsev- Dynamo Moscow 

Daniil Misyul- Locomotive Yasoslav

MHL:

Artyom Barabosha- KA Moscow 

Daniel Orlov- MHK Krylia 

As this thread already attest to , we are lucky to have an expert in our midsts with Guadana. 

NCAA:

Seamus Casey- U of Michigan

Luke Hughes - U of Michigan

Ethan Edwards- U of Michigan

At least it's going to be easy to keep track of these three this year. 

Samu Salminen - U of Connecticut

Was originally slated for Denver but there were some "admission issues" which is a shame. Didn't make much of UConn last year watching Shlaine. Although the found consistency down the stretch.  Speaking of which.

Artem Shlaine- Northern Michigan U 

He hit the transfer portal and has an opportunity to start afresh. 

Viktor Hurtig- Michigan State 

Will be nice to be able to keep track of him easier this season. 

Patrick Moynihan- Providence

Playing his senior year, he really found a grove last year and was an important player for PC. 

Case McCarthy- BU 

He really progressed last year. He isn't the biggest player, but he is solid and plays both ends of the ice well. 

Charlie Leddy- BC 

Always fun to see how players from the USNTDP get on when taking the step into the NCAA. 

Cole Brady- U of Massachusetts 

Another transfer for this year. He spent last year with the Arizona Sun Devils and basically put up terrible numbers all round. Surprising that UMass have brought him in, but they must see something in him. Might fair better behind a stronger team. 

Will be doing my best to follow the players this year (leaving the KHL and MHL to Guadana, clearly got it all covered), but the job and family life making it more tricky. 

• Like 4