Prospects thread 2022-2023

Guadana

sounds like Shak is on his way to north america for good. (not my translation below)

"I will end this year as Salavat player and when it ends, I will travel to NA. It’s done. I will fight for NHL roster spot, if it needs to play in AHL or play NHL role from the beggining - doesn’t matter, I’m ready for everything." - Shakir Mukhamadullin

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, MB3 said:

sounds like Shak is on his way to north america for good. (not my translation below)

"I will end this year as Salavat player and when it ends, I will travel to NA. It’s done. I will fight for NHL roster spot, if it needs to play in AHL or play NHL role from the beggining - doesn’t matter, I’m ready for everything." - Shakir Mukhamadullin

MOOOOOOOOK

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

It's @Guadana's translation

• Like 4
  • Shocking 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

the competition for a spot on our D corp next season is going to be fvcking insane

If anything there's probably a part of Muk that wishes he was here a little earlier...three guys entrenched long-term already, quite possibly another one if Fitz is entertaining keeping Graves...suddenly only two spots open, with a 2OA and a 4OA draft pick as your prime competition...ouch

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

You had to throw "corp" in there to fvck up my day, huh?? ;) 

i want you to know how often im typing something like "man the PP looks a lot better today" and i sigh and go back to put "powerplay" instead just cause i know you're a fvcking predator and won't let it slide lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i want you to know how often im typing something like "man the PP looks a lot better today" and i sigh and go back to put "powerplay" instead just cause i know you're a fvcking predator and won't let it slide lol 

I posted about Columbus/Buffalo yesterday and typed in "BJs", then thought, nah, maybe I should go with Blue Jackets, I know where this is going...then threw in BJs anyway just to see what would happen.

mfitz happened, heh heh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I posted about Columbus/Buffalo yesterday and typed in "BJs", then thought, nah, maybe I should go with Blue Jackets, I know where this is going...then threw in BJs anyway just to see what would happen.

mfitz happened, heh heh.

Assists are just as good as goals, my friend. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2022/12/simon-nemec-to-play-in-world-junior-championship.html

fvck yes. It wasn't 100% sure if they'd let him go but now i will for sure see Luke, Seamus and Nemec at the world junior in town.

Can't fvcking wait

That's pretty fvcking sweet.  Lot of Devils bang for your buck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilMinder said:

If all these guys work out and are NHL caliber it gives the Devils trade leverage too. Its amazing how things are lining up for us. (knocking on wood!)

Who would have thought a year ago we could soon possibly have an excess of talent not only on defense but also in goal. 

Obviously all the top 10 picks have been a big part of it, but Fitz has also done a great job rebuilding this team through some really smart trades. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

If all these guys work out and are NHL caliber it gives the Devils trade leverage too. Its amazing how things are lining up for us. (knocking on wood!)

With having the luxury of deep/veteran D group, you could slowly bring a Nemec, Luke Hughes up to NHL speed. Also, it would allow us to trade one of them (Graves or Severson) & get back a player.

Getting a 4th/5th rounder for Blackwood is a waste.  Blackwood could turn into a decent goalie (if he ever stays healthy).  I disagree, I think he'll bring back a decent "roster" bottom 6 guy. (Bastian type)? Not sure which team has a surplus of these guys.

13 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

Why are you knocking Wood?  What did he ever do to you?  😉

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

With having the luxury of deep/veteran D group, you could slowly bring a Nemec, Luke Hughes up to NHL speed. Also, it would allow us to trade one of them (Graves or Severson) & get back a player.

Getting a 4th/5th rounder for Blackwood is a waste.  Blackwood could turn into a decent goalie (if he ever stays healthy).  I disagree, I think he'll bring back a decent "roster" bottom 6 guy. (Bastian type)? Not sure which team has a surplus of these guys.

It will be interesting to see if Graves is kept...if he is, that will show that the Devils either don't firmly believe that both L Hughes and Nemec will be ready for the 2023-24 season, or simply are willing to take it slower, just in case.  At least it looks like the Devils will be in a position where neither one has to be rushed, which is obviously a great thing...I think even better for Muk, who is easy to forget.      

In Blackwood's case, I've given up on the idea of the Devils ever getting much back of significance in a trade involving him straight-up, but at this point I wouldn't trade him anyway...been over it but he represents some insurance in case the unthinkable happens (VV getting hurt).  I know Mac's not a sure thing, but I can't bet on Daws and Schmid to hold down the fort...if VV ever was to miss significant time and Blackwood didn't work out (giving Daws a shot), OK, but I'd rather at least have him as an option.  

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It if VV ever was to miss significant time and Blackwood didn't work out (giving Daws a shot), OK, but I'd rather at least have him as an option.  

And in fairness, we’re a new team this year and Schmid has caught lightning in a bottle, are we willing to bet that Daws would do the same and go deep into the playoffs? I’m not confident in that. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

And in fairness, we’re a new team this year and Schmid has caught lightning in a bottle, are we willing to bet that Daws would do the same and go deep into the playoffs? I’m not confident in that. 

Exactly, I'm thrilled for Schmid and how well he's played to date, but asking Daws to do the same (or approximate VV)?  This team could truly have a chance to make some noise, the way they're playing...I can't ask TWO goalies tabbed for the AHL to play some huge role in that.  

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Exactly, I'm thrilled for Schmid and how well he's played to date, but asking Daws to do the same (or approximate VV)?  This team could truly have a chance to make some noise, the way they're playing...I can't ask TWO goalies tabbed for the AHL to play some huge role in that.  

Exactly. I think a few of us are still expecting VV and Schmid to come back down to earth, after years of being mentally abused lol. 

I hope it never happens. 

Yes, gentlemen, a busy period that is just ending.

Both Gritsyuk and Shakir are playing very well now. Arseny is subscribed to the Devils social networks and actively follows the team, more than any other prospect in the system, he likes posts, he is on calls with scouts as Shakir as I understand correctly. He has slow start of the season, but now he has 22 points in 39 games as 21 yo in KHL (it`s not AHL, it`s very good) on the bad team(no good partners, changing coaches), drive offense and has 12 points in his last 10 games.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Guadana said:

Yes, gentlemen, a busy period that is just ending.

Both Gritsyuk and Shakir are playing very well now. Arseny is subscribed to the Devils social networks and actively follows the team, more than any other prospect in the system, he likes posts, he is on calls with scouts as Shakir as I understand correctly. He has slow start of the season, but now he has 22 points in 39 games as 21 yo in KHL (it`s not AHL, it`s very good) on the bad team(no good partners, changing coaches), drive offense and has 12 points in his last 10 games.

Great stuff as usual Guadana, thanks! 🍺

• Like 1

I'm going to go see Tyler Brennan play today for a world junior exhibition game in Moncton. He'll split the net today so he's going to play half the game.

He was our 4th round pick last year.

Connor Bedard is playing too. Really pumped to watch him play live. Fantilli too.

Clark, Wright, Guenther etc etc

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2