Prospects thread 2022-2023

Guadana

So that was an interesting game. Team Canada was playing against an all-stars team from a bunch of universities. But both goalies that played the game were the Canadian goalies.

So Brennan started for team Canada and William Rousseau (whos elligible for the draft this year) started for USports and half way through the game they switched sides.

Brennan stopped 9 of 12 shots.

Bedard, Wright and Guenther didn't play but Fantilli did and he scored 2. Those guys will play tomorrow against the same team. So i got tickets for that one too.

They also had the actual world juniors trophy there for fans to take pictures with. The one Mercer, Bahl, Smith, Foote and Daws won. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So that was an interesting game. Team Canada was playing against an all-stars team from a bunch of universities. But both goalies that played the game were the Canadian goalies.

So Brennan started for team Canada and William Rousseau (whos elligible for the draft this year) started for USports and half way through the game they switched sides.

Bedard, Wright and Guenther didn't play but Fantilli did and he scored 2. Those guys will play tomorrow against the same team. So i got tickets for that one too.

They also had the actual world juniors trophy there for fans to take pictures with. The one Mercer, Bahl, Smith, Foote and Daws won. 

But how did they smell??

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Was really cool to see and hold the cup that 5 of our boys raised at the world juniors back in 2020 though

image.thumb.jpeg.483dc1697e5e2831e38972cc4c0329bb.jpeg

Think about it. A kid, alone, hoisting a trophy? I don’t think so…

Went to see team canada play again today and i got more tickets for more games so so far im gonna checkout

Canada vs Slovakia

USA vs Latvia

USA vs Slovakia

USA vs Switzerland

USA vs Finland

So im seeing Nemec play twice and Luke/Casey 4 times. Currently seeing if my budget allows to go see Slovakia vs Finland and Slovakia vs Latvia so that i can see Nemec play 2 more times. And i'd See Topias Vilen once or twice

It's pretty damn rare that i get to see our top prospects play in my town so im trying to experience it as much as possible. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Went to see team canada play again today and i got more tickets for more games so so far im gonna checkout

Canada vs Slovakia

USA vs Latvia

USA vs Slovakia

USA vs Switzerland

USA vs Finland

So im seeing Nemec play twice and Luke/Casey 4 times. Currently seeing if my budget allows to go see Slovakia vs Finland and Slovakia vs Latvia so that i can see Nemec play 2 more times. And i'd See Topias Vilen once or twice

It's pretty damn rare that i get to see our top prospects play in my town so im trying to experience it as much as possible. 

Pretty cool experience, I'm glad you have the opportunity to partake in it. 

Also "Topias Vilen" still sounds like a Harry Potter character. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Canada vs Slovakia

USA vs Latvia

USA vs Slovakia

USA vs Switzerland

USA vs Finland

You are one lucky guy. Enjoy!  Give us a scouting report 

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Canada vs Slovakia

USA vs Latvia

USA vs Slovakia

USA vs Switzerland

USA vs Finland

Definitely let us know how everyone looks! Vilen, in particular, is intriguing since he went from a longshot to be an NHL player to a pretty promising prospect in very little time.

On another note, are there any forwards in the Devils' prospect system that anyone is excited about? There's an absolute abundance of promising defensemen. Outside of the obvious players like Nemec, Hughes, Casey, and Mukhamadullin, there are players like Vilen and Orlov who I think could be NHL players someday. That's not to mention Bahl and Okhotiuk. And then prospects like McCarthy, Leddy, and Barabosha, who despite their limitations seem to have some really strong parts of their games.

But at forward, all I can really think of is Gritsyuk. Filmon is on an upward trajectory, and he could definitely become something. But almost everyone else has been somewhat underwhelming for their stage of development (Clarke, Foote, Thompson, Stillman, Salminen, etc.). Granted, this is probably something pretty common for young teams just starting to turn the corner. But now that the defense is taken care of, Devils drafting will really have to emphasize forwards, especially centers.

On 12/11/2022 at 4:53 PM, SterioDesign said:

Apparently that was all they needed to see from Brennan. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Obviously this kid can’t pay too close of attention to the Devils while playing in Russia, but him thinking Nico shoots more than Jack is pretty funny. The only player on the team even remotely close to taking as many shots as Jack is Dougie. 

The part about Nico being better on the boards and in the corners, that is correct. But if he thinks Nico shoots more, he hasn't been watching.

I think everyone acknowledges that Jack's shooting has improved, but even last year, Jack was 4th on the team in SOG at 165. And he played 49 games total, it would have been closer to like 250-275 if he played the fuill year. 

Jack is 13th in the league in shots right now, one behind some McDavid guy. The other 11 guys in front of him are essentially all  top forwards in the league and one goat looking greasy long haired a$$hole. 

Edited by mfitz804

12 minutes ago, vadvlfan said:

Has anyone else given up on Nolan Foote. Is this guy ever going to be what scouts thought he would be?

Pretty much. Just hope Muk turns into something otherwise we got literally nothing back in the Coleman - TB trade. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Pretty much. Just hope Muk turns into something otherwise we got literally nothing back in the Coleman - TB trade. 

Trade was a no-brainer at the time (Coleman for a first-rounder a former first-round pick), but yeah, pretty much hinges on Muk.

Foote I was never expecting that much from because GMs don't tend to trade "essential to the future cause" legit prospects.  I'm guessing that the Lightning figured out...well, "lightning quick", that dealing Foote wasn't likely going to come back to haunt them...the bigger gamble on their end was dealing their first round pick (which obviously didn't hurt them at all), and Fitz then gambled with that pick by taking a bit of a wild card.  Hopefully Muk works out, either here, or as a piece that helps the Devils fill another need.

• Like 2