Prospects thread 2022-2023

Guadana

On 12/26/2022 at 10:40 PM, Puckbuster said:

Zacha is playing in the second line for the Bruins and if the response is, look who he is playing with, it doesn’t matter.  If the Devils second line is as good, then he should have had success.  Personally, I still think it’s the system and coaching and he wasn’t liked by management.  As was said in the prior post, not all prospects are drafted to be top line stars.  The Haula trade is a busted, unless you think Jack’s personal face off guy was crucial to winning games.  Then again, Zacha was over 50% in faceoffs for his last two seasons as a Devils.

Zacha is worser player than Haula now. Zacha is bad player and the most important thing - its not debate. The second important thing - he play on the second line, because bruins prospect pool is bad, the third important thing - its not a debate for prospect theard.

13 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Vilen had a nice assist on the last powerplay goal for Finland. Hes not flashy but he’s not making many mistakes

Vilen is flashy if we are talking about defensive and transition game. Great skating and positioning, far best player of the Finland, playing a lot of minutes.

Same with Nemec, even with -3 he played a tonn, has 5 shots(most of the team) and there were no Slovakian players who could transit the puck as him. 

I like Luke. I'm very interested in his development. And I should say - he is a bad defenseman still. He made three four serious mistakes in the fame with Latvia. And he isn't really good positionally as defenseman in NCAA. I understand coaches are trying to use him as a first transition starter and Michigan capitalize it very well, but it will not work in NHL. Just let's stay patient with him, he needs some time with coaches and adapting period. 

22 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Vilen had a nice assist on the last powerplay goal for Finland. Hes not flashy but he’s not making many mistakes

Hopefully he'll consider coming too N.A. Permanently & get used to smaller surface. He's playing against good competition, but not pro's older men.  I agree he might just be a gem. BTW thanks for the live scouting reports!

12 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

That US game was a mess, Luke is young so whatever but his defense has not been good. Nemec looks good at least. 

Also the NHL Network keeps showing a commerical for this, I refuse to call it a movie cause holy fvck what the hell is this sh!t... 

Nemec did his best Severson impression on that last US goal too.

The US will really have to tighten their games, they are way way too loose. They gave up soooo many odd man rushes or breakaways so far. They made a lot of bad decisions with the puck too. Also im sure if it works someday it's going to be an highlight reel goal but Cooley shouldnt try to deke through 4 guys all the time, it just doesn't work

Luke played a LOT, made some really good offensive plays but also made some bad decisions with the puck. Some unlucky plays too. But man by the end of the game he made some spin around a player and deked another one to setup his teammate and it didn't go in. That happened right in my face and i would have came all over my pants if it went it, so nasty.

Nemec had a pretty good game too and they removed the s from his jersey for this game.

Our boys ❤️ 

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

But man by the end of the game he made some spin around a player and deked another one to setup his teammate and it didn't go in. 

Jack's probably thinking "You ain't seen nuthin' yet kiddo..."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Thats precisely what i told my buddy i was with lol

This is like watching his brother play with 4 Haulas

I haven't watched any of this...that bad?  

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I haven't watched any of this...that bad?  

Maybe not THAT bad and we were joking about it but it happened a few times that Luke made really nice setup plays and they couldnt convert. The goalie had a strong game though. Got player of the game

• Like 1

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Maybe not THAT bad and we were joking about it but it happened a few times that Luke made really nice setup plays and they couldnt convert. The goalie had a strong game though. Got player of the game

2024-25:

Jack and Luke, to the rest of whoever's ever on the ice:  "Just stay out of our way and we'll set each other up."

• Haha 1

i like Lane Hutson's game. I won't like him for long since he's a Habs prospect and fans are already saying he'll be better than Quinn Hughes and overhyping him lol of course. But for now i like to watch him play. He's always moving his feet and wheeling. Made some nice plays too and at some point got a shot on net from the blue line through traffic while skating full speed along the line and shot kind of like... again the grain pulling back. im already bad at explaining stuff i wont be able to explain that one, but you don't see that shot taken often

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

2024-25:

Jack and Luke, to the rest of whoever's ever on the ice:  "Just stay out of our way and we'll set each other up."

Have you ever seen the Will Ferrell movie Kicking and Screaming? They will be like the two Italian brothers where that is literally the game plan lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Have you ever seen the Will Ferrell movie Kicking and Screaming? They will be like the two Italian brothers where that is literally the game plan lol. 

No never heard of it actually.  Worth watching?  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

No never heard of it actually.  Worth watching?  

It’s good in a dumb fun kind of way. Will Ferrell coaches his son’s soccer team full of misfits. Nothing particularly original, but dude makes me laugh in just about anything. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Wonder if she watched today's game, what a sh!t take. She had to turn off the comments and edit his name cause she knew how bad of a take it is... 

I have no idea who she is and nothing about her experience on her linked-in makes me think I should care a whole lot about what she has to say on the subject.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Rachel Dorrie’s bestie…

Ah that makes more sense now 

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I have no idea who she is and nothing about her experience on her linked-in makes me think I should care a whole lot about what she has to say on the subject.

Me neither, just saw it posted but what Nicomo said makes perfect sense now 

33 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ah that makes more sense now 

Me neither, just saw it posted but what Nicomo said makes perfect sense now 

I looked at her last week or so of tweets and it's just sh!t on US and blow CAN tweets.  Time to move on.

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 1:52 AM, Guadana said:

Zacha is worser player than Haula now. Zacha is bad player and the most important thing - its not debate. The second important thing - he play on the second line, because bruins prospect pool is bad, the third important thing - it’s not a debate for prospect theard.

Just because you say it ain’t true.  Haula sucks.  

Edited by Puckbuster
Typo