Prospects thread 2022-2023

Guadana

Just now, Puckbuster said:

Yeah, he doesn’t belong there, just like 28 doesn’t belong on a top pair.

That’s not a good comparison though. Playing with the best offensive player on the team as a forward should actually make Haula’s job easier. 

Severson playing in the top 4 when he shouldn’t be makes his job harder. 

7 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Luke just ripped a snipe 

yeahhhh boy, what a beauty. i was on the right side of the swiss goalie during that period so it was right in my face. 

Luke didn't have amazing games overall the last 2, had some great moments but he plays a lot and overall the team mismanaged the puck sooo much. but in this one i thought he was great, IMO he was a better player than Cooley in this one. Im just bringing up cooley cause he got player of the game.

Luke makes effective plays all game long while Cooley basically tries to skate through 2-3 guys like... allllllllll game. And it never works.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

Just because you say it ain’t true.  Haula sucks.  

Haula can score - this is the only problem. Problems of Zacha are starting from his lack of scoring. If you don't understand, rewatch their games. 

And like I said, this topic is for prospects. Not for your own  incorrect vision of nhl players.

Edited by Guadana

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

That’s not a good comparison though. Playing with the best offensive player on the team as a forward should actually make Haula’s job easier. 

Severson playing in the top 4 when he shouldn’t be makes his job harder. 

That is ridiculous.  Haula sucks which makes it harder for Jack’s line to produce.  Haula does not belong in the top 6.  He is no Palat.

1 hour ago, Guadana said:

Haula can score - this is the only problem. Problems of Zacha are starting from his lack of scoring. If you don't understand, rewatch their games. 

And like I said, this topic is for prospects. Not for your own  incorrect vision of nhl players.

Haula is not much better as a scorer.  Just look at the stat lines.  Unless, you want to call Haula a scorer because of one good year.

I didn’t start the conversation about the trade.  I responded to a post and you responded to my post.  And it is you that is incorrect.  Did you even watch the last game?  You really think Haula outplayed Zacha?  

53 minutes ago, Puckbuster said:

That is ridiculous.  Haula sucks which makes it harder for Jack’s line to produce.  Haula does not belong in the top 6.  He is no Palat.

What’s ridiculous is suggesting Haula getting to play with Jack isn’t setting him up to succeed. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Only if he had the skill to convert Jack’s efforts, which he does not. 

That’s focusing on it from Jack’s side. All the wasted chances. From Haula’s side he can’t ask for a better line mate to be put into a position to succeed. He’s not going to produce any better playing with Boqvist and Sharongovich or whoever on the 3rd line. 

I want him away from Jack as much as anyone, but the claim that’s he’s not being put in a position to succeed or whatever is  total nonsense. He’s getting every chance in the world right now. And he’s squandering it. 

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

That’s focusing on it from Jack’s side. All the wasted chances. From Haula’s side he can’t ask for a better line mate to be put into a position to succeed. He’s not going to produce any better playing with Boqvist and Sharongovich or whoever on the 3rd line. 

I want him away from Jack as much as anyone, but the claim that’s he’s not being put in a position to succeed or whatever is  total nonsense. He’s getting every chance in the world right now. And he’s squandering it. 

I agree with all of it, but I don’t know if not having enough talent counts as “squandering” it. If anything, the coaching staff is squandering it by keeping Haula on that line. 

But I get what you are saying. 

32 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It's not nonsense because Haula simply doesn't have the skillset to succeed in that spot...all that's going to happen is that we're going to notice how much he's dragging down the Devils' best player...especially since this is one of those freaky kinds of seasons where a guy who's done some scoring in the past suddenly is as snakebit as it gets (think Hall with the Sabres or Patrik just after he signed his big contract with Devils).  This version of Haula isn't capable of doing anything more than exactly what he's doing:  squandering an opportunity that was forced upon him out of necessity.  At least in the 3rd-line role that he'll hopefully be playing soon, he'll have a better chance to succeed given THAT set of revised expectations.  

It's like asking a guy with no power and not much hitting ability to bat cleanup, in an otherwise solid lineup.  He's going to get lots of opportunities to drive home runs.  And he's probably not going to, because he simply doesn't have enough ability to justify hitting in that spot.    

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

People are arguing two different things, it seems. 

Everyone agrees that Haula does not have the talent to keep up with Jack and finish the chances he creates. 

But to say that he isn’t given a chance to succeed by being glued to the only forward who has been creating lots of scoring chances every single game doesn’t make any sense. What would be a better opportunity to succeed? A 3C role where he also won’t be scoring? 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, nessus said:

People are arguing two different things, it seems. 

Everyone agrees that Haula does not have the talent to keep up with Jack and finish the chances he creates. 

But to say that he isn’t given a chance to succeed by being glued to the only forward who has been creating lots of scoring chances every single game doesn’t make any sense. What would be a better opportunity to succeed? A 3C role where he also won’t be scoring? 

For Haula specifically, a 3C role because that’s a role much better suited to his current abilities, as opposed to us constantly being reminded of what he can’t do, on a line he shouldn’t be on.  If he’s not a finisher then that all sticking with Hughes is going to do is to put Haula in a bad position…just because on paper it looks like an opportunity for success doesn’t mean it will lead to anything resembling success for a player who isn’t good enough to make anything out of it.  

But at least it’s temporary. 

So something ive never seen before happened the other day. I was at the Latvia Switzerland game and a 10-minute misconduct for an equipment violation was given to a player. He was thrown out of the game. I was confused cause obviously we werent told what it was exactly, we assumed his stick or... something where he modified his gear or helmet...

I just remembered it and did some digging and yeah... basically it was because he was chewing his mouthguard lol

his name is Mischa Ramel is you wanna do your own digging lol

• Shocking 1

Bummer for Nemec yesterday. Mesar turned the puck over at the blue line and Nemec took a penalty or else it was a breakaway.

Cause he got a penalty in OT that didn't expire he had to stay in the penalty box for the whole shootouts. So couldn't be with his team and couldn't shoot. 

It went 2 rounds and they lost so now they are playing Canada tomorrow.

Luke will be playing Germany

Vilen will play Sweden

Hauser will play Switzerland

Should be a good time

28 minutes ago, Crisis said:

Did Casey get hurt or is he just an extra defenseman?  I was looking forward to seeing him play.

Yeah he was just an extra dman. I'm glad i went to see their pre-tournament game so that I could see him play at all

Petr Hauser is the only prospect i won't see play at all cause he played all his games in Halifax and not in Moncton.

There's 2 quarterfinals tomorrow USA vs GER and FIN vs SWE. Then all remaining games for the tournament will be in Halifax. So i'll get to see Hughes and Vilen play one last time before they either head to Halifax or home

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Ridiculous the NHL Network isn't showing Finland vs Sweden because they need to show a 90 minute preshow for another outdoor game at a venue they have already had an outdoor game at. fvck off. 

Ratings, I guess.